>your country
>how much do you get taxed on capital gains
Let's see who's the cuckest of them all

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/tax-sell-shares
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for interest

Russia, 0. I am not officially employed, so can't declare any gains.

flat 10%

Brazil.
30% (That i will never pay, i'll get the fuck outta here first)

BG detected

Belgium
33% if short term trading
0% if long term

germany

25%

Brazil too and it's not 30%, wtf

da ti .... znaesh, pardon znae6

znam znam , 6te vidq qnuari dali i dany4nite sa razbrali :D

Amerifag here. 40% short term less than a year. 20% long term over a certain amount.

This has nothing to do with your employment, you still should pay taxes from e.g. selling your property. But yeah, there's no tax on capital gains.

Russia, no captial gains tax kek

I heard it is 30%

>40%
JESUS, LAND OF FREEDOM MY ASS!

amerilardia is truly the china of the west

> no bitfinex
> no icos
> irs regardless of where you make gains or live
> fiat to crypto is a long ass process of bs
> 40% tax

in russia I can buy eth or btc for fiat in 10 minutes any fucking time I want

isnt it like 50% in germany?

any ausfags wanna explain how we get taxed on crypto? havent converted anything to fiat but curious

Yeah, my country lefts quite a bit. It is sad.. :(

Erm... It's complicated. UK

gov.uk/tax-sell-shares

Nothing before 11.500 gains

You can claim back on Losses.

You can pay no tax on gifts to civil partners or charities.

Flat rate on properties 18%

Cheaper if you live on the Isle of man or other British territories.

This is why we have so many accountants...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax

normal taxes are ABOUT 50%, depends on so many factors

but capital gains are 25% afaik
at least crypto trading are 25% of the profit each year, and they are categorized as capital gains by the tax man

maybe

nice russia is shutting down the exchanges and trying to make their own ghetto ass poorly developed coin

also enjoy freezing to death in the winter because we sanctioned the fuck out of your heating out vladimir

> t. brainwashed and ass blasted americuck

how's that median income? how about those bread lines?

> ruski average quality of life undisputedly orders of magnitude lower than glorious america

Can't you use a bitcoin credit card or local bitcoins?

South Korea

Stay mad americucks

Burger, 15-30%

I'm fine with paying, just confused about the process. Too vague. Just spoonfeed me a step-by-step guide already, IRS.

IRS wants you to report your gains on form 8949. It doesn't have to literally be that form. You can do an attachment that has all the same info and that's fine. Set up an excel sheet with the same columns and use that to track your trades and then just print that out and attach it to your return when you file.

Russians have been poor for thousands of years.
It's not like they even care.

>Sweden
>30%

Not that it matters, when I cash out I'll move to some place with 0% CGT.

Aren't there sites that track all trades and spit out a form for you? I sort of know how to do it, but still feel overwhelmed.

>Netherlands
Our laws are kind of weird. Officially there's a 30% tax on capital gains, but our IRS-equivalent doesn't want to spend time on tracking everyone's gains so they just assume everyone makes 4% on any investment or savings. It wasn't even that bad of a system until interest rates dropped to zero.

In practice it's a 1.2% tax on the actual capital, not the capital gains, regardless of whether you're collecting dust in your savings account or stacking moon mission upon moon mission in your crypto portfolio.

Also there's a tax free foot of €25.000 for which there is no tax.

Sweden: Either "ISK" which is 0.4% on the whole amount. So if I have 100,000$ and make 20,000$ in profit i still only pay 400$ in tax.

Or 30% gains tax, but that can be cancelled 100% against losses. For dummies: do all your high risk shit in a separate account, if you make a 50% loss there you don't have to pay any capital gains at all on your other investments.

>retards who don't even know the rules are playing with money
Guess that's why I'm earning money in the market

Finland, 30-34% on gains unless you own more than 10% of the company, then 0%. The man is raping us so bad.

thats wrong
0% if you hodl at least a yr

ESt if you short term trade

it's 0% for me because I'm not paying those niggers. it's why i got into crypto. fuck this country (burger)

I think there's a paid service that you can link some of your exchange accounts to, but I can't remember the details. The exchanges themselves have transaction logs you can download. Usually, it's denominated in BTC as the base currency. At the end of the year, you can look up a reasonable BTC/USD reference price for each day you transacted and then do some excel jockeying to line up buy and sell orders for each coin with the BTC reference price for that day. It's not that big a deal. Or you can just fill in your spreadsheet as you go as part of your trading process. As long as you're not a high volume day trader, it goes very quickly once you have your spreadsheet set up with the columns.

I'm going to accumulate 10% of BTC and pay nothing :)

0% if your a NEET playing with pocket money. (>£11.5k income)

10% until you earn £100k < a year then it's 20% in terms for non property investment.

< £11.5k *

Seems like the UK is way comfier to play with shit coins than most countries on here

>Read this thread
>People still think we live in capitalism

Canada
47%
Kill me pls

>Guess that's why I'm earning money in the market
More like that's why you're paying exorbitant tax when you want to cash out. Give me one good reason not to move out before cashing out, retard.

>tax when you want to cash out.
>has the rules spelled out in front of him
>still doesn't understand
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

>fuck around with a high risk account in the hopes of not paying tax
>either straight up waste money in terrible coins or just leave it to chance
>high risk goes 10x
>pay 30%

You're retarded if you don't move out once you make it, especially since Sweden absolutely does nothing for people who earn above average.

Capital gains is only taxed at 50% of the taxbracket you are in up to 500,000 of capital gains, I think

>30%
see

> Romania
> 0% because cryptocurrency not regulated
> you can buy/sell directly in wallet or buy shitcoins in the same day
> no verifications needed/no questions asked
> fucking crypto heaven, fuck yeah

Netherlands,

4% of 30% of total value after 7000 euro annual income

Hey, mojesh li da mi ostavish tvoi email molq te (ne rabotniq ti email vurho Veeky Forums razbira se ami nqkakuv drug). Iskam da ti pratq soobshtenie v qnuari da znam kakvo sa ti otgovorili. Shte mi e ot polza. Blagodarq!

I suggest you write a step-by-step tutorial with pictures about it on the Steem platform. You will help people and get compensated with money at the same time.

10 percent because I refuse to be a wage slave.

0% after holding for 1 year.
Feels good

Why does the government get to steal more money if you hold for less than a year?

Hungary, 57%+ taxes.
If we calculate every tax factor...

Also what are the chances of getting caught if you omit all Poloniex / Bittrex short term shitcoin trades and only report long term coinbase bitcoin buys and sells.

Switzerland master race 0%

All taxes are BS. I would guess that some politicians see issues with pump and dumps and too much money sloshing around so quickly, that they want to slow it down by taxing speedy coked up day trading. Really it sucks because that deminishs the efficiencies a free market would have. Such a damn shame.

bump

pls

More people should realize that Switzerland is an infinitely better country than US.

Wtf I love commies now

Australia
25% income tax
10% gst
Add capital gains tax on top of that for crypto and you see why people don't bother working