Roman Soldiers in Chink land

youtube.com/watch?v=1iIGLaeyXAs

For years the residents of the remote north western Chinese village of Liqian have believed they were special. Many of the villagers have Western characteristics including green eyes and blonde hair leading some experts to suggest that they may be the descendants of a lost Roman legion that settled in the area. Now DNA testing of the villagers has shown that almost two thirds of them are of Caucasian origin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhjYMPd22u4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone should make some sweet Roman on Han hentai.

>100% Northwestern European
>brown eyes

>90% chink
>blue eyes
HOW????????????????????????????????????????

By Caucasian do you mean White or do you mean from the Caucasus?

Becuse White people exist throuhout Eurasia and North Africa. Not just Europe.

>>that they may be the descendants of a lost Roman legion that settled in the area.
What gave them that idea? Is there a record of a legion that lost its way somewhere in the Caucasus or elsewhere in the provinces adjacent to Persia?

>my ancestor

I think the usual tale is that they were Roman captives serving the Parthians as either slaves or mercenaries.

So not an actual legion as such.

Unless it was a legion filled with Celts, Germanics or Balkainites North of Greece (which is possible) I doubt the claim. Why? Because Romans are generally of a swarthy complexion like pic related as opposed to fair. They probably are descended from much earlier waves of Indo-European migrants.

I liked this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhjYMPd22u4

Actually the usual story is that they're descendants of the survivors of the Battle of Carrhae. Marcus Crassus, one of the wealthiest men who ever lived, marched a couple of Roman legions (paid for with his own money) out into the middle of the desert to face the Parthians. It didn't go well for him. Those Romans who survived were captured and deported by the Parthians to the far borders of eastern Persia, where they could serve as a border garrison. There they were captured by, or otherwise entered the service of the Xiongnu (who are often considered to be proto-Huns) and used in battle against the Chinese.

In reality, before the Chinese empire expanded west into the Tarim basin most people in that area were probably Caucasian, speakers of Indo-European languages. These villagers are probably the descendants of the Tocharians, or maybe even the Xiongnu themselves (other theories say that instead of being proto-huns, the Xiongnu were the easternmost expansion of Scythian-style indo-european horse archer culture).

Not every Roman looks swarthy. Just like modern Italians

They look like Slavs

Yup. The average Roman soldier looked like this Italian man

Jesus christ people, they're descendants of the Indo-European populations who headed east. You people HAVE heard of the Tocharians, right?

They have nothing to do with fucking Rome.

lol

Italians aren’t white is probably the dumbest meme yet. Of course the media portrays every culture, other than their own, in a negative and general context.

More proof the Greeks and Romans were Nordics from hyperborea.

Starting a Veeky Forums thread with a youtube video, game or movie should be a bannable offense.

fuck off back to /pol/ please.

>Italians aren’t white
Literally no one out of Veeky Forums said that.

Kys, terrone

i think it's hilarious that an italian was so self-conscious about his skin color he made this chart

Literally wrong

He means caucasian.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

No, he means White

No fucktard, he means caucasoid. Read the fucking article.

caucasoids with White skin aren’t White now?

Funny, because the americans that actually look like that are the italian-americans.

>flat nose
>big lips
>small eyes
the niggers and mulattoes look like that.

WE
WUZ
ROMANZ

>We wus honolaly Alyans n sheit

They were actual aryans.

>blonde hair and blue eyes
>Roman

Also Italians like Gaten Matarazzo

t. Joe Sanchez

bless you kind sir
now i finally know what the Romans kinda looked like without some kangposter memeing it a up

Only Americans think in these categories. "Caucasian" is not a race. What you guys want to describe is "white", what you don't want to let anyone know is that you're racist.

They're most likely descendants of Indo-Iranic Nomadshits/Turkic Invaders with Indo-Iranic subjects that settled in Liqian.

Liqian is in Gansu province. In addition it is smack in the middle of the corridor heading to what was known as Xiyu (the Western Regions, literally) which was inhabited by Indo-Iranian Nomadfucks and City-States like Khotan and Tumkux.

>Sicilians and Northern Italians are totally the same!
How does it feel to be this retarded?

Re ruz

Liquan = Legion = WE WUZ ROMANZ

>Hurr u an ameridumb durr
Caucasian literally only means "white" IN AMERICA you dumb faggot. In the rest of the world, it refers to a whole range of west asian and north african peoples.

"White" in America it not associated with Caucasian in America. We literally had a supreme court fight about what the definition of "white" is. Bottom line, supreme court ruled, being caucasian does not constitute whiteness. Whiteness is outside the realm of caucasian as jews/irish/indians/middle east can and has been excluded from the definition of white in America.

Nigga Xiongnu were proto turkics not indo europeans. They didn't reach that far.
When the chinese finally managed to beat them a part of them became the huns the rest founded the gokturk khanate.

That's Scandinavian admixture for you

Pic related is 32% Black and 44% Scandi

wonder if she takes it up the ass

44% chance, I guess

>1% Caucasian genes
>AYO HOL UP WE WUZ ROMANZ

Why do wh*Te people do this?

why not 50%?

yeah the cunts are retards if they think it was Romans. The thing is that proto indo europeans were the first to domesticate the Horse and dominated northern eurasia and the steppe until about 1800 years ago when the turkic speakers became ascendant. So the white looking remnant people in central asia/afghanistan etc are just remnant indo european populations. Genetic testing confirms this.

RE RUZ RORANS

Bradley Cooper is half Irish. Full blooded Italians look like Alessia Cara

>Her father was born in Canada to Italian parents, and her mother is an Italian immigrant.[7][8]

damn, imagine those terrone lips wrapped around the dick

>that nignog lips
Balotelli is "Italian" too. Ya know

>Mario Balotelli was born in Palermo, Sicily as the son of Ghanaian immigrants.[11]

Not an ethnic Italian like Alessia Cara

t. Guido

THICC

How can n*rthern Italians even compete?

>ethnic Italian

She looks nothing like these people

she looks very mena/semitic to me. makes my dick hard as rock

t. BLACK pole

Unironically she seems very Italian
t. had Italian gf

I saw a half anglo girl (she looked fully anglo/white) speaking fluent Japanese to who I presume is her Japanese mom the other day. It was pretty weird desu.

>she looked fully anglo/white

No she didn't

This nigress isn't Italian. The darkest Italian i've ever seen can pass as Arab but certainly not as nigger.

No she don't

>chinese features
>naturally blonde hair, green eyes
Maybe it's just how unusual that combination is, but that sounds really striking. I'm not even that much of an Asian fetishist but I bet my waifu lives in that village.

>video about China
>girl in OP picture and thumbnail is a Hazara from Afghanistan
>video is mostly Mongols and Hmongs, even a pic of a Kalash girl was thrown in

What asshole made this video?

>Nigga Xiongnu were proto turkics not indo europeans.
That's one theory.

Personally, I think the Xiongnu were probably a mix of Indo-European, Mongolic, and Turkic tribes. It seems likely that the Indo-Europeans probably brought the nomadic horse archer way of life to the area, and dominated central asia/western China until the end of the 1st millennium BC, when their tribal confederations started to blend with Mongol and Turkish tribes more heavily.

Really, the Chinese probably just used 'Xiongnu' as a catch-all term for any nomadic barbarian group on their western and northern borders, so it could refer to any number of different ethnicities depending on the specific period we're talking about.

>has never seen an Ethiopian.
They are part of Italy you know.

>Americans are Italians
Stop this meme

>surprised that I'm Italian
Good job BTFOing your argument with a single picture which implies people indeed don't see her as Italian.

Europe was almost conquered by Mongolians the (Khans?) Roman Empire had to join with ancient enemies Germanic tribes to push them back. Asian Huns formed HUNgaria. Lots of slaves/inter-breeding.

Hungary has nothing to do with Huns.

They are descendants of the NORDICS who cultured the yellow races in china.

WE WUZ LEGION!

This is a fresco from 6th-8th century AD. Tocharians were pretty much dead by then, and the Chinese culture flourished.

There are literal descriptions of the Emperors: blonde is quite common.

Yellowish is quite common, not blonde. And looking at statues it seems like yellowish was closer to light brown rather than blond.

Blonde is 'light brown', my dude.

Blonde is light yellow. Either way, this is irrelevant. It's unlikely that these people are descendants of a Roman legion.

>titty stretch marks
gib milkies

No they arent

She looks EXACTLY like a finnish friend of mine

Yeah man I hang out with toddlers too.

She's 19 but she still looks like that

Marry dat shit.

brown hair,brown eyes
nothing special lad

actual Caligula looked more like this

>arabs are whiter than italians
Can't be true, can it?

Because you dont know shit about genetics?

You could pass down ONLY the blue eyes gene and that descendant would be like 0.01% white and still have blue eyes. You dont need to meet an arbitraty threshold of 'white' genes for that.