How does all this work?

I know Forex inside and out, but Crypto is a whole new game to me.

I see so many people buying and selling - but never do I see anyone mention going short. Is that not an option with Crypto?

What platforms / exchanges do you guys use?

I've been doing a lot of learning, and reading lately, but I'm having trouble finding a way to get off the ground. Most all of the news I'm finding is about new and up-and-coming coins - not how to get off the ground to begin with.

Anyone got time to help an old-new-vet out? I'd appreciate it.

I got started by making small trades just to get familiar with how it works. Have you bought anything yet?

That's the problem, I'm a seasoned trader - but I don't even know where I can go to buy stuff.

I know it'll all click when I get past the gate, but I'm doing circles in the parking lot trying to find the entrance.

I've found a few brokers, but a lot of them don't seem to have the kind of capital I'm used to dealing with - and that scares me a little.

The only time a trade can ever go really wrong, is if you can't close it out because there's not enough involved people in the same channels looking to get in.

LINK seems to be a good example of "I want to get off this wild ride, but I'm locked in here" kind of deal - but that would have likely been avoidable with better diversity and a stronger exchange platform.

crypto is not for normies

not op but looking for some recs on exchange platforms (eu citizen, looking only for btc trades)

thnk u in advance

Well to start you can deposit USD on coinbase which can take a couple of days. Then use it to buy ETH or BTC on GDAX which is owned by coinbase. Doing it this way avoids the fees you would pay by buying directly from coinbase. I prefer ETH for trading because the transfers are quicker. Most of my mistakes have been from holding for too long, so now I sell when I make a decent profit. In the case of LINK I bought at $0.20 and sold at $0.40 which ended up being fine

Lurk more OP . YouTube tutorials will help you out more then we will. Learn about how to buy and safely store your coins.

I can help you out. I'm a daytrader and occasionally margin on btc/eth.

Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Sent

Fuck off nigger
Go back to FOREX
there is no place for you here.
Oh yeah buy LINK

You don't want someone who would openly contribute, help other newbies, and offer solid advice and educated opinions so you all can make a bunch of money?

Enjoy your shills, I guess, if that's how you're going to be.

Depends on what you want to trade OP. If you want to trade altcoins you need to buy bitcoin first on coinbase or similar. Then you can move btc to another exchange that lists the altcoin you wanna buy.

Are you from US?

Whatever I feel is worth getting into, or out of, at that moment. I still need to read a ton more about what coins are out there and worth my time to begin with.
That seems like a good start though, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, yes. Sanctions against Forex in the US are getting ever-stronger as it becomes more and more automated. It's of the largest reasons I'm trying to get into Crypto to begin with.

not that user but, any advice for how much or what percentage of investment you keep in hot wallet compared to cold wallet?

>Unfortunately, yes.
Haha, wanna switch with a eurocuck? Anyway, you have to get verified on an exchange (I use Kraken) and then wire them $. Then you just buy BTC (or some other major coin) and transfer that to an exchange where you can trade it for altcoins. Beware though, TA doesn't really work in crypto. It's mostly about hype, but fundamentals are important too.

>Learn about how to buy and safely store your coins.

from what i have learned so far, it's best to keep the majority of your BTC holding in a cold wallet?
and keep the hot wallet for daily transactions?
If I purchase BTC for the first time with coinbase, do they host my "hot wallet"?

can i sweep BTC from a coinbase hot wallet to a cold wallet?

Is Coinbase a stable exchange for trading BTC?

I dont want to get Goxxed

Also I suggest starting with play money to get comfortable.

I was hoping to, but I couldn't find any exchanges that offered demo accounts.
I'm mostly curious about their tools they offer, but if TA is out the window then I guess price is the only thing to worry about.

Do you know anything about 1Broker?

Nope. I'd stick with mainstream exchanges such as coinbase or kraken (prepare for pain-in-the-ass verification as a US citizen).
As for TA, it can indicate you an entry/exit point, but pointless drawing some meme lines.

Gemini, GDax, and Coinbase all have enough liquidity. They are absolutely used to dealing with 6- and 7-figure capital. You just have to jump through verification hoops the same way you would for e-trade

I don't mind some hurdles. Ameritrade was a big enough of a pain in the dick that I can think I can take it twice if it makes me more money.
That's my strong suit, using TA to get exit points and successfully shorting my vestments. I'm not the best about entry points, but I can short sell like a motherfucker. That's what I'm hoping to do here.

Thanks! I'll be sure to look those up and pick a winner if I can't find something else that catches my eye afterwards.
I was really looking at 1Broker, but I rarely see it talked about here. Think I might have to pass on it, for now. Liquidity is a big deal when you get up there.

I only keep what I’m actively trading on exchanges, the rest I keep in my Ledger wallet