Total War: Chinkhammer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM

Can we do a historical analysis of the trailer lads? Fun facts about the period are also welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zcrPwA9wO6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can someone actually post details on what the surrounding cultures looked like?
>Yayoi (pic related)
>Goguryeo
>Various Horsefuckers
>Various Junglefuckers

They all looked the same, user.

Goguryeo,Northern chinks and steppenigs all shared the same type of armor with different helmets.

It's gonna be shitty pseudo anime

Lyrics of the trailer song is an ancient Chinese poem called “十五從軍征” from Han dynasty(漢樂府詩).

Here is the original poem:
十五從軍征,八十始得歸。
道逢鄉里人:家中有阿誰?
遙看是君家,松柏冢纍纍。
兔從狗竇入,雉從樑上飛。
中庭生旅谷,井上生旅葵。
舂穀持作飯,採葵持作羹。
羹飯一時熟,不知貽阿誰!
出門東向看,淚落沾我衣。

Here is translation made by Charles Budd

The Old Soldier's Return

I was but fifteen when I left my friends
For distant climes to fight our Country's foe,
And now I'm eighty—back for the first time
To see the home I left so long ago.

Where is the house? I should be near it now,
Yet possibly I may have gone astray;
Long years abroad have blurred the youthful brain,
I'll ask this countryman to point the way.

'The house is yonder—midst those grassy mounds,
Beneath the shade of fir and cypress trees,
And there lie buried all the kith and kin
Of former tillers of these fallow leas.

The veteran sighed and wandered to the house,
And found it overgrown and desolate;
A startled hare fled through the kennel's hole,
And pheasants flew from ceiling beams ornate.

Exhausted by the journey and his grief,
The old man plucked some grain from patches wild,
And mallows from around the courtyard well,
As in the days when but a little child.

But when the homely fare was cooked and spread,
And not a friend to cheer the lonely place,
He rose, and going out to eastward gazed,
While tears flowed down his worn and furrowed face.

CA really does their homework and put lots of efforts in this. I can easily see that.

Honestly surprised it isn't just gibberish.

It's a very sad poem. Reflects an lonely old man's sorrow and how common people suffered from endless wars during later Han era(three kingdoms period).

That's great, pity this game is going to be a fantastical shitfest with historical trappings rather then a game that actually cares about historical fidelity to the period in question. We already have KOEI for fantasy games set in ancient china or japan.

Yeah, keep whining.

>game that actually cares about historical fidelity to the period in question
Why are total war fans so deluded that they think the series was ever historically accurate?

I will, thanks. I have a lot of very good reasons to.
It was never perfectly accurate no, and such a thing would probably make for lousy game mechanics. None of that justifies the idiotic garbage I saw in that trailer.

Guess I have to marathon the show series before its released.

What exactly was so bad about it?

Because they confuse EB with vanilla RTW

>None of that justifies the idiotic garbage I saw in that trailer.
Can we all admit RTW1 is garbage now?

Fuck knows, the devs themselves even said they take the 'hollywood' interpretation of conflicts rather than realism

In terms of how accurate the unit rosters were? Yeah sure.

Notice all those special hero characters slaughtering lesser characters like it's a fucking kung-fu film or more pertinently a Dynasty Warriors game? I sure did. That's the main problem right now.

>More Roman factions than Gaulic

I thought that was obvious. I meant something less completely self-aware in how inaccurate it is like the armor or something.

Too bad your hollow whining can't change shits.

>None of that justifies the idiotic garbage I saw in that trailer
Unfortunately that's just a CG trailer not actual gameplay, so whining still discarded. Btw, that trailer is actually good.

>implying the arcani weren't a real thing in the ancient feudal Roman Empire
>implying I'm not teleporting behind you right now with my specially forged twin gladius blades, 'Judgement' and 'Redemption' for your callous affront to Creative Assembly

Pssht, nothing personal kid...heh

Holy fuck, are they seriously gonna start incorporating "hero combat" in their regular Total War games now?

So in the next Empire game, Napoleon will be 9 feet tall and be able to fight against whole regiments of Russians?

he will give +10 damage aura to manlet troops

SIMAAAA YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

youtu.be/zcrPwA9wO6o

I think the hero system would be cool if they did it right. Too bad I already know it's going to be just like shithammer.

My whining won't, but the lack of sales when few people buy this game sure will.

Don't worry about it, this game is going to bomb hard and CA will stop trying to appeal to /eagg/ faggots.

Yeah sure, that was dumb too, don't get me wrong. It's just that the blatant nonsense with the various fantasy units stuck out more. Even the better units in the roster had really garish and stupidly bright colors.

>he forgot the Chinese are able to purchase some western titles
>this is one of them

>>Chinese
>>Buying software
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Nice one. :^) Oh and how do you know that this game wouldn't be prohibited in the first place seeing as how it will almost certainly depict a divided China? The PRC government doesn't like that shit.

>Oh and how do you know that this game wouldn't be prohibited in the first place seeing as how it will almost certainly depict a divided China? The PRC government doesn't like that shit.
You should fucking off yourself before you hurt someone you fucking imbecile.

If they try to portray the legendary heroes historically (cannibalism/baby football) then it will be banned.

Hey guys I'm very new to this time period, any good Youtube documentaries that cover the three kingdoms - or Han China in general? It's a huge blindspot for me.

+1 to this, I fucking hate the single character units. I mean, it's alright in Warhammer where it's all fantasy and the characters are properly iconic and such, but this is at least based on reality
It also makes me think they'll still have that shit they had in Warhammer where instead of people fighting properly they chunk away at each other until their health bars go down.

>>>/vg
take your thread to your respective containment boards

Ship and gun physics experience they have is now binned.
next total war will be shit like pre patched total war or rome 2

Just like how empire and napoleon total war made shogun 2 total war god tier

Considering the Dynasty Warriors depiction of both the time and characters and how much pop-history there is surrounding the Romance of the Three Kingdoms... I would not give them too much credit just yet.

I still haven't played Empire Total War. I have a lot of gaming to do.

Not so fast Cao. Goguryeo had weird elf horns on their helmets, so it’s better.