Dealing in futures

I got 100k in crypto, still live at home and want to quit my job. Do you think this deal is fair?

>Ask parents for 3 years of full autonomy to look into ways to increase my capital
>in exchange offer the option to give them 10% of my capital at any given time during these 3 years. They can inquire how much I am at and demand a 10% cut off that amount.

They dort have that much savings and a mortage going on, but steady jobs, so I feel like with this kind of deal I can secure a stable position while still allowing them to be compensated for having me stay at home for a while without developing resentment.

My parents a nice people, so I am not worried they would fall back on their word, its a risk I am willing to take though.

What are your thoughts on this?

Just get a fucking apartment and stop trying to make weird deals with your parents

Hey user I'm just about in the same place as you. I've made a good amount off of crypto and have quit my job. I live at home with my parents and they provide shelter/food. I don't go into detail about my crypto gains but they have an idea that I can be independent and self-sufficient.

I don't like the second part of your deal with your parents. It seems too business-like, transactional to me. I don't want a relationship like that with my parents, plus I don't think they'd want to take money from you in that fashion either. It'd fuck up your investments too if they request at a wrong time.

Dude just pay rent and help pay for food. Show them you can be autonomous and put their minds at ease that you can pay for those things at the very least.

Why not just take 10% out now, it should cover most of rent for a year.

Fuck is wrong with you? Move out and be a real person you fucking cunt.

this. just offer to pay them 400 dollars a month for your room.

>Dude just pay rent and help pay for food
this

just go get a cheap apartment you fucking loser

My idea is to help them pay their mortage, but promising a fixed amount might put me in a bind, so I would like to let them have part of my investment so we can share a better future. Do parents let some NEET dwell at home for 3 years without any sort of end in sight?

I already pay them 300 a month and would continue to do so on top of the 10% offer.

That seems to be a waste, I prefer to save as much money now to have a better stake in crypto, I think my deal allows me for just that.

there is a place within an 80mile circle from your reference that you can buy a cheap worthless now, piece of land. if you want,its yours

What do you mean?

Completely serious, user (not mocking you)--just move out and get a cheap studio or 1br apartment. It can even be a few miles from your parents and you can go over for dinner now and again, but just have your own place. No need to make weird deals with your parents and your relationship with them will likely improve. Living on your own, you can do whatever you want, including just trading crypto. If things really go south, you can move back in with them, but give them a break. For real. Be a good son and just get your own place. It's not that hard.

I don't understand why people want to move out of their parents.

Being forced-I understand. Your parents are probably underclass scum.

My parents are at the high end of the professional class, and they let their 3 children come and go as much as they want, rent free.

Why have you internalized some fucking retard protestant self sufficient martyrdom meme if your end goal is to make a lot of money? Families are clans, and successful people stick together and further each others goals. My family is Jewish but this is the best model, in my mind. Not everyone moving 5 minutes away from each other and paying 600+ in rent every month.

Serious question: Do your parents share that sentiment? Are they happy that their kids living with them into their 20s? 30s? 40s? Again, genuinely curious.

>tfw 27yo still living with parents, unemployed and gambling with crypto cash while everyday sleeping til 4PM

I'd advise against it. It almost feels vaguely insulting, to arrange such a businesslike financial relationship with your parents. They'd probably be happier if you just set up something monthly, maybe a little more than previous. If you have a bad month, just sit down and talk to them about it.

I moved out as soon as I could afford it because my parents had been helicoptering me all my life and I didn't want to end up like Seymour Skinner. Having my own apartment and the freedom that goes with it is just so damn liberating. A bit of distance also improved the relationship with my parents enormously.

My parents love having us here. We are free to do anything. My brother lived at home for at least two years (3?) after graduating college. He has done some music journalism and trying to get a full time position still. I work as a software engineer and also live at home. I might quit my job to work on personal projects. My younger sister is still away at college, claims to want to be a lawyer. They just said follow your dreams meme and you will probably make money. I think that is true when you actually have people you can trust

Looks like the deal isnt being taken too well, thanks for all your input. I will go for a monthly payment increase to put them at ease then. I disagree to move out for now if I could use the funds to keep my stake in crypto, I better help with their mortgage.

Paying 1 full year in advance might help them out more than paying each month, since I want to build a buffer of a year or 2 of expenses anyway..

my mom is like that and makes enough money... but my dad has that underclass scum background you mentioned and he REEEEE'd every day I stayed with them past 18 even though he hasn't worked a day since he quit in his forties.

Yep, one of my coworkers (who makes 90k+) still lives at home, and his dad makes him pay 600 rent even though his family has normal middle class money.

No. all of that is fucking weird. Stop being autistic. You have enough to move out, live off your crypto and still make gains

>I don't understand why people want to move out of their parents.
Because it feels great knowing you can stand on your own two feet. Also, privacy, independence, freedom, etc.

But yea, parents who ask their children to pay rent are usually niggers, puerto ricans, white trash, or anyone poor in general.