What gave rise to the current trend of Nationalism we are seeing today?

What gave rise to the current trend of Nationalism we are seeing today?

>pic related gets my vote

Not sure what the Battle of the Somme has to do with this

Those 2 guys? They're behind all of this? Those bastards!

Nationalism was already well entrenched by WW1 and was indeed a big part of what drove it and drove young men to volunteer for the meat grinder

maybe you should rephrase your question

Nationalism comes from the French Revolution

Freemasonry Republicanism A.K.A Centralism and Oligarchy

The French. Those bastards.

Loss of monarchies.

>the current trend of Nationalism we are seeing today
You mean drumpf and etc.?
Its people reacting to the increasing power of globalism and its blunders (ex: migrant crisis)

*blocks your path*

Napoleon spread modern nationalism to be seen as a "liberator" and was pretty much a PR move. But nationalism when it boils down to it is "mine is better than yours" at its core so it is basically natural and inevitable.

In a nutshell it is a response to the economic shocks brought on by globalism. The people who lose in a globalised world (uneducated/menial workers in western nations) are the same people who are now rabid nationalists, what a surprise.

It's obvious that globalism is a net gain for the economy, but that gain is concentrated in the upper classes, and the costs are borne entirely by the lower classes.

Globalism =/= globalization you rat

Refugees

Same difference, user. I think he makes a fair point.

It's not just uneducated workers who lose out though. Ask anyone who's ever worked I.T for any length of time. You should stick with it benefiting people who have money and connections, and not benefiting those who have neither one or the other.

The tech sector in the west is booming, IT people are not losing on average, just the menial ones

>The tech sector in the west is booming

So is the manfucatoring sector though.

In fact, iirc the manufacturing industry in America is as large or larger now then it's been for 40 something years.

>leftists pretend to care about the disenfranchised working class until the smelly little peons disagree with them
What a surprise.

Right, but the actual line workers are not benefiting from that, their wages are stagnant. The people benefiting are the ones doing the design and white collar work.

Fuck I put the wrong word in the thread.

>tfw reading a wiki page while making this thread

That’s how I meant to phrase it

same with right wingers.

I'm not a leftist I'm a coastal globalist elite

Heh
“Entrenched”

jesus christ OP you completely fucked it up