Why does the mongoloid phenotype extend so far beyond frigid cold lands...

Why does the mongoloid phenotype extend so far beyond frigid cold lands? Isn't that what it's supposed to be a response to?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoisan
pnas.org/content/108/37/15123
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe the horse

Mutations don't have to respond to anything.

>never heard about genghis khan

>Ghegis Khan did

The Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and SE-asians were all mongoloids long before that.

No, but they're favored by climates.

>using capital letters in greentext
how about you fuck off right back to fagdit, newfag?

Mongoloids are from SE Asia though

How does a long torso and short legs help against cold? The temperature-height theory seems to contradict itself.

Genetic imperialism traits dont go away unless they are naturally selected away and since bug eyes always fuck eachother it means bug eyes wont go away.

>be me, white american
>have asiatic features
>frequently confused as russian
>dad's dad was adopted, so don't know the full lineage
>take dna test
>find to be part mongolian
>huh.jpg
>what little research dna testers found that ancestry revolves around medieval eurasia
>wherever grandpa's family tree came from likely were raped by mongolian invaders
>....
>thanks a lot, genghis

Now fulfill your destiny as the khan.

Just because they're dead doesn't mean you can shout "rape" with no evidence.

Have some pride in the original gangsters khanlet.

nobody seems to have given a real answer so i will tell you OP that my hunch is that likely the mongoloid phenotype originated during the ice age(as you said, borealized features) but once the age of ice was over, these cold-adapted proto-mongoloids were the ones who colonized Asia, the southern parts included. so modern southeast asians have inherited the borealized features of their ancestors even if those features are redundant. i could be wrong but i think this is the explanation i read somewhere

You can claim we wuz mongols legacy. Or as a Hungarians and other shittty eastern europeans do, claim we wuz Huns n shiet.

>other shitty eastern europeans
Like who? Nobody claims to be Huns.

Some Croatians do, as well as Hungarians. I'm not sure if I've seen any Slovenians, Serbians, or Bosnians claim that, though.

>You can claim we wuz mongols legacy.

My last name is literally the name of a Khan so some of use really can :)

>I'm not sure if I've seen any Slovenians, Serbians, or Bosnians claim that, though.
Most of them (at least the ones I've met) identify as "Balkan" instead.

It happened so long ago it boggles my mind why you think it matters

maybe keeping that eyelid shape did not impair those populations outside the trait's place of origin. therefore, there was no selective pressure for it to go away.

>Human skeletal remains in Southeast Asia show the gradual replacement of the indigenous Australo-Melanesians by Southern Mongoloids from Southern China. No skeletal remains in Southeast Asia dated to the Pleistocene epoch have been unearthed that would classified as being indisputably Mongoloid, although skeletal remains dated to this epoch have been found with Mongoloid traits. Skeletal remains in Southeast Asia dated to the Pleistocene epoch with Mongoloid traits indicate that Mongoloid admixture from areas north of Southeast Asia was already taking place at this time. This trend toward an increasingly Mongoloid skeletal character in Southeast Asia continued during the later Holocene epoch as an increasing number of the skeletal remains dated to the last 7,000 years are classified as having "Southern Mongoloid skeletal material" relative to the earlier epochs. The dental evidence that pre-historic Southeast Asian skeletal remains are of the sundadont dental type, and the dental evidence that Southeast Asians, including Negritos, are of the sundadont dental type supports the idea that it was sundadont Southern Mongoloids from Southern China whose gene flow was making Southeast Asia more Mongoloid instead of the sinodont Northeast Asian Mongoloids from farther north. Most of the Southern Mongoloids' gradual replacement of the indigenous Australo-Melanesians in Southeast Asia, a process done by "replacing Australo-Melanesian hunter-gatherers or assimilating populations of 'Proto-Malays'", was done "within the historical period". After the "gradual and complex replacement" of the indigenous Australo-Melanesians by Southern Mongoloids in Southeast Asia, the only remaining indigenous Australo-Melanesian population in Southeast Asia at the present time are the Negritos of Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and the Andaman Islands.

There wasn’t any selective pressure to get rid of the epicanthic folds as Mongoloids moved into hotter environments.

No they aren’t. Mongoloids in SEA is relatively recent (evolutionary speaking). The original inhabitants of SEA were Negritos (related to Melanesians, Australian Aboriginals, etc).

WE

What?

There’s no wewuzzing here you stupid piece of shit

OP, that phenotype didn't originate in Asians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoisan

These people, specifically the San, are the closest thing to stock Homo sapiens. Thanks to recent studies that suggest Homo sapiens originated in many places in Africa instead of just one, it seems that this eye shape might have popped up somewhere in many of the various locations and climates at the time.

They were literally the first modern humans to (successfully, unlike last time) migrate to Asia. How the fuck is that WE you faggot?

You're trying way too hard to fit in. Don't be so obvious

“WE” what? Modern SEA people are the result of Mongoloids mixing with Negritos.

When people get frozen, it starts at the protuberances of the body (pardon my english). For example, the first parts of the body that get frozen are the nose, the fingers, the toes, the ears, etc...

As you see, following this examples, the less separate from the torso a body part is, the more they will conserve their heat. So asians have shorter noses, shorter legs, round faces, etc.

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums

Fuck off.

Huns
>be me, white american
stopped reading right there

I thought we retired these base models

Nah, the Devs like them so much they put them in the game for the past 100,000 annual updates. They're in danger of assimilation and dying out though.

I got a Russian friend that looks so Asian that everyone calls him china eyes and my mother when seeing his picture claimed he looks like an albino chinese guy (he's blonde that's why).

Any explanation as to why some Russians like him have such mongoloid features?

You do know that most of modern Russia’s territory lies within Asia, right?

You guys think the Amerimutt meme is just trolling or banter but it's 100% accurate. You're so fucking mixed and you don't even know about it.

White people living among Asians will racemix with Asians (Russians, Tocharians)
White people living among blacks will racemix with blacks (US Americans, South Africans)
White people living among natives will racemix with natives (Mexicans, Salvadoreans, Chileans)

It really is this simple. Men are fucking idiots who will fuck every pussy they find attractive. This is why racial separation is a must, not just segregation.

Huns were white, though.

That's like saying Americans are white. Some are, some aren't.

The bulk of them were though, just like other early Turkics such as Kirghizes and Cumans.

You don't know that.

Post your haplogroups

It's the most probable theory because Huns were Turkic.

So should I assume he has Siberian ancestry? Or more towards the Central Asian countries?

The original ruling class was Asian, but the majority of the Hunnic Empire in Europe was made up of Germanics and Iranics and others who would be considered white. Eventually the Huns assimilated to this much larger population and disappeared. In fact, the “original” Huns themselves were probably a confederation of different ethnicities, mostly Turkic but also Mongolic, Iranic, maybe Tungusic, etc.

It's because many Russians have mixed with the Asiatic minorities they conquered such as Tatars , it has nothing to do with Mongols even though that's a popular meme around here.

I’m pretty sure that Asian ancestry mostly appears through the paternal line among ethnic Russians, which would be more consistent with the East Slavs being conquered rather than vice versa. Russians being descended from Mongols is a meme, however the Mongol conquest and the many migrations through Central Asia before the Mongol conquest did push many Central Asians into the Eastern European steppe, where they became a ruling elite over East Slavic tribes before assimilating into them, much like the Rus’.

>The original ruling class was Asian
It could've been white also, the founders of the original Turkic Khaganate were of Indo-European stock.
>mostly Turkic but also Mongolic, Iranic, maybe Tungusic, etc.
We know for certain that they were a cross between Indo-European and some type of Mongoloid, but the rest (such as Mongolic and Tungusic) are rather dubious.

>mostly appears through the paternal line among ethnic Russians
Most Russians have European Y-DNA.
>which would be more consistent with the East Slavs being conquered rather than vice versa
The mental gymnastics of the delusional N1c1 Finn.
>did push many Central Asians into the Eastern European steppe
Ancient Central Asians were white.
>where they became a ruling elite over East Slavic tribes before assimilating into them
Source

>It could've been white also, the founders of the original Turkic Khaganate were of Indo-European stock.
The Huns were definitely a mix of Indo-European and East/Central Asian, in any case. The proportion of IE to Asian is up to debate, however. There is very little evidence at the moment to answer definitively whether they were one or the other. Jordanes’ description of Attila sounds pretty Mongoloid. Also, Procopius says that the Hephthalites were the only group of Huns who had white skin and weren’t ugly, implying that the other Huns appeared otherwise.

>We know for certain that they were a cross between Indo-European and some type of Mongoloid, but the rest (such as Mongolic and Tungusic) are rather dubious.
Fair enough. Although, isn’t it fair to say that everyone in Central Asia as far east as Mongolia had at least a little IE ancestry? Is there evidence that actual IE speakers were involved in the origin of the Hunnic Empire or is it simply that the founders happened to have a bit of IE ancestry from long before?

>Most Russians have European Y-DNA.
Most Russians have European mtDNA too. The point is that the Asian DNA that they DO have is expressed more through the Y-DNA than mtDNA.

>Ancient Central Asians were white.
Ancient Western Central Asians were white. Ancient Eastern Central were mostly Mongoloid. Also I’m not referring to ancient times, I’m referring to the early Middle Ages, which is the time period when Western Central Asia became more Mongoloid.
>Source
Пoвecть вpeмeнных лeт and any other old account that describes Turkic tribes moving into Eastern Europe.

The Mongoloid phenotype outside of North and East Asia are the result of relatively recent migrations.

>The point is that the Asian DNA that they DO have is expressed more through the Y-DNA than mtDNA
Source
>Ancient Western Central Asians were white
No, Central Asians in their entirety.
>Ancient Eastern Central were mostly Mongoloid
Even the Easternmost Scythians and other IE peoples to have inhabited the area were described with Europid features.
>when Western Central Asia became more Mongoloid
And yet Cumans and even the Kirgizes of the Far East were described with primarily Europid features also.
>Пoвecть вpeмeнных лeт and any other old account that describes Turkic tribes moving into Eastern Europe
Nothing comes up with that, post some proper English source.

I’m done with this conversation. You’re clearly a brainlet who makes very definitive claims without anything to back you up because you have an agenda. Also you clearly don’t know any Russian and yet you pretend to be an authority on something that you obviously know nothing about. Please kill yourself.

>The proportion of IE to Asian is up to debate, however
Descriptions of early Turkic peoples might provide some insight into that.
>Jordanes’ description of Attila sounds pretty Mongoloid
That wasn't first-hand information, though.
>Also, Procopius says that the Hephthalites were the only group of Huns who had white skin and weren’t ugly, implying that the other Huns appeared otherwise
Hepthalites were fairly civilized in comparison to the Huns, so "ugly" in this instance might be a reference to their unkemptness rather than their Mongoloid features.
>Is there evidence that actual IE speakers were involved in the origin of the Hunnic Empire or is it simply that the founders happened to have a bit of IE ancestry
Huns are purported to have been Turkic, and Indo-Europeans played a huge role in the ethnogenesis of Turkic people.

I can back up all of my claims, I can't be assed to look up citations for each of my claims though so just pick one you doubt most.

come home oriental man

Because people who developed those features later moved and then reproduced. Kind of like how there are white people in Africa now. Brainlet.

>other user gives good answer
>you respond with WE for no fucking reason

Are you liking your stay in Veeky Forums?

What happened to the native negritos? Were they genocided a la Indo European migration?

croats larp as illyrians tribes, goths and iranians
i've never heard anything about huns bar history class

> I’m pretty sure that Asian ancestry mostly appears through the paternal line among ethnic Russians

No.

> which would be more consistent with the East Slavs being conquered rather than vice versa

Both happened, for instance the Rus wiped out all the Khazar men during the genocide during Sviatoslav and kept the swarm of their women, we also have records of the Rus capturing heaps upon heaps of women from the Turkic tribes just as the reverse happened.

Not to mention 200 years of Russian buttfuckery under the Russian Tsardom and Empire while pushing east.

The fucking Cossack scum raped their way all across Asia to the Pacific and they were basically Slavs on horses with little Asiatic in them at the time.

did the Ancestral North Eurasian look mongoloid or nah?

>tfw parents took ancestry test and neither one has any minority ancestry that I can make jokes about
I was really hoping that I would get some fingolian. Although it did put to rest the long running theory that we were former Jews that converted during the reformation.

I'm pretty sure your guy isn't ethnic russian, most likely tatar or finno-ugric
>but muh russia lies in asia!!
shit brainlets say

>central asian entirety
3skulls without DNA test from a single cave doesn't determine the population of an area of millions of km2
>europoid features
Where are the genetic tests?

You speak pure garbage.

The Mongoloids mixed with the Negritos over thousands of years and swamped them out genetically. But there are still tiny amounts of Negrito ancestry amongst Southeast Asians, particularly Filipinos.

A combination of genocide and breeding with them

I also have a friend who has the asian eyes but light hair and skin. His dad is full blooded russian but his mom is half tatar or full tatar. His brother and sister don't have those features tho

Your grandfather was clearly the missing son of Baron von Ungern-Sternberg and Princess Ji of Manchuria.

Go forth and conquer the world, user.

>R1a, N1c
>European

wh*Tes BTFO

Selective breeding via natural selection became a much less important factor once we could organize into societies.

Also people always meme this as some sort of national ethnic pride or butthurt but conquests have USUALLY not radically change the genetic make up of the local conquered peoples. There were times it did but usually you left people who surrended willingly unmolested so they could pay your taxes.

>Huns were white, though.
t. Öwez Attila Turgay

>"""""white""""" american

>R1a
>not European
More so than R1b.

>These people, specifically the San, are the closest thing to stock Homo sapiens.
Not really, there's actually a considerable admixture of archaic hominid genomes among sub-Saharan Africans as a whole.

I'm Croatian and I never heard anyone claiming to be a Hun here.

source

pnas.org/content/108/37/15123

I get what you say, natural selection is caused by random mutations which are beneficial, neutral or detrimental for an individual's survival in a certain environment.
Knowing this, I believe it's safe to say that slanted eyes and flat faces are a neutral feature. It might even be something good in hot weathers; look at the Khoisan people of southern Africa. These people are less related to Asians than the average European, yet they have similar features probably due to convergent evolution and not interbreeding like Central Asians or Finns and Eastern Europeans

SO YOU BE SAYIN YOU WUZ KHAN N SHEIT?

Ok so what's so good about that phenotype?

Makes you want to fuck them, bit like blue eyes in Europe.

talk for yourself, weeb

Old lady skin look like momkey! Haha

Not really. The Mongoloid exterminated most of the Australoid (sadly). Only in Papua it's still recognizable in larger number.

mongoloids had a little luck and used disunity of various caucasoid groups to conquer them and spread around eurasia

Wtf do you mean by "a response" are you fucking retarded evolution does not work by response, also, after a mutation takes places and reproduces to the point of being present in a large population, there is no way of "going back" anyway

Thank you for this