Communism doesn't wo-

>communism doesn't wo-

Other urls found in this thread:

bay12games.com/dwarves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's an isolated feudal-era agrarian community.

>Church
Not communist

You're making me want to play it again. I don't know why Colonial Charter doesn't have banking institutions, but it has Pfenning generator via tax collector.

I wanted to buy it on steam winter sale but after looking at ingame UI I decided to keep the money

In a self ssufficient and isolated village of a few hundred people it could work but that's hardly a realistic situation.

Banished simulates the Malthusian trap pretty good though: gathering yields a lot of food first which leads to population growth. Eventually you need to build farms and as population increases poverty becomes worse (worse food quality lot of resources spent just to keep people alive) and starvation becomes unavoidable.

>market
>communist

market where people take the food???
for free?????

Just because currency doesn't exist doesn't mean a market doesn't

WHY DID THEY STOP DEVELOPING THIS GAME

I just realized Banished is like Pol Pot's vet dream.

They live in a forest but they won't gather berries or firewood on there own becauae that would be private property. They only take what the official gatherer and lumberjack brings. If that's not enough they starve or freeze to death.

Because it sucked and the dev got his money

i think it was just one dude

>play Adam & Eve module
>watch as generations of complete inbreds ensue

>hey guys, my crazy idea works once you remove most of reality

I really want the Childrenmod für Rimworld to advance a bit more. Dogcest was great already. Now it's time for a colony of inbreds. They might start ruling the waves after all.

They all take from the same storages but not in equal measures. I've seen some houses hoard big loads of food and firewood while the others get less. But then again it really depends on how efficient gatherers are and the total amount of resources.

Just build one house every year, game is easy as fuck.

>use Banished as an example
>when the community is directly guided and ordered by a god

God damn kulaks

Sold well. To make it any deeper would of taken considerable time; it was good for what it was.

Download the Megamod.

rk

Is it a bit like Robert Owen's comune? If yes then don't they know it failed and why it failed?

God this game is hard, no matter what I do after a few years everyone is dead

Happens to me too, doesn't matter how many farms or fisheries I build, they all start starving.

It's absolutely communism. I'd love to play a game like this on a more macro scale.

what game

>pedophilia doesnt wor-

>If that's not enough they starve or freeze to death.

Now this is true communism

Banished, it's almost always on sale

as in the real world user

Isn't Life is feudal: forest village the sequel?

communism in a smaller population works just fine.that is why where were so many cooperatives and communes in the 70s,but in a state there where many populationcenter with diffrent fokus and a political opinions.thats the problem

The kids in that game come of age (i.e start working) in the age of 10. It's funny seeing 20-yo brother and 10-yo sister moving from their parent's house to start a new incest pedophilic family.

God this game is truly fucked up in that matter.

>Dogcest
The what

Dogs in Rimworld don't constrain themselves by bounds of family or whatever. So you may end up with a Dog that's another dog's father and grandfather at the same time.

Some villagers have to work more far away from their homes than others. This leaves them less time to put their 'finances' in order. Just like real life.

Lmao
I've seen a 50yr old man with a 10yr old wife.
And 30yr old woman with 10yr old husband too.

Comfiest game
Makes me mad seeing footage of it being used by shitty mobile games

Are there any games like that but better?

Haven't played Banished, I suspect Settlers and Anno series are similar

This game looks comfy. Added to Steam wishlist.

It's not even good on a small scale, the failure of the commune systems in the 70's is proof of it.

For a truly communist society, I suggest this.
bay12games.com/dwarves/

Dwarf Fortress
but I guess it is not real communism since it has royalty

Banishef with mods

serious question from a retard, are cooperatives really bad? there is one coop in spain that started small but now is pretty big and it seems to work pretty well and everyone there is very happy, why don't more people do that kind of thing? its called Mondragon

>The kids in that game come of age (i.e start working) in the age of 10

but user, 10 what?

it's not fucking years, since i get working adults within 3-5 years of birth

You guys just suck. The thing you need to realize is that your primary resource is not food, it's population. Population is how you get more of everything else, including food, but it is also the primary drain on all your other resources. You do not simply scale your society, you have to increase its efficiency or else you will simply reach a point where you are consuming far many more resources than are available to support the population. Spamming foragers and fisheries might get you through the first couple years but they are not space-efficient and do not scale well to large populations.

The trick is to throttle population growth early on. In Banished population is easily held in check by housing, it's the only real lever to control it. Your citizens will breed continuously regardless of food availability as long as they have housing available. If you want them to maintain a certain population simply stop building houses. They will breed at replacement levels once they reach the limit of what their current housing will allow. You just have to figure out what size you want to scale to before you throttle population growth, because you need enough workers to get a stable economy going and ideally you should be producing 2-3 times more food than you consume each year.

You might think that is excessive, but your supplies vanish startlingly fast once you uncap population growth, and if you happen to have a bad harvest one year and a disaster hits the town, well, you'll be glad you were "excessive" in your food production.

Is there an endgame or just "survive as long as possible"?

what is the endgame to our society

You don't win at banished, you just play it until you get bored. You can try to see how long you go, or you can adjust the starting conditions to make the game more challenging. You can start with fewer or more resources, change the map to be more or less hospitable in terms of terrain, climate, and natural disasters, that sort of thing. You can also set arbitrary restrictions on your playstyle, like refusing to build a certain type of building or making your economy based around one type of resource. A big element of the game is chance, the initial map seed plus the frequency and type of traders you encounter.

Anno 1602.

Main thing is they don't exist in a vacuum. Internally they are a commune but in context they exist in a capitalist market and have to compete as such to survive, unless they are totally self-sufficient and cut off from society, but they rarely are.

Whoever said Banished is set on Earth? Or that they are Humans for that matter?

Are you a teenager?

No but I'm black.

>immigration totally wor-

>Send to gas chambers

Quick question, where do you put mod files in Banished?

It is very communistic, nobles are just lazy cunts who won't pull their weight and want special privileges.

All you have to do is stagger house construction so your population doesn't die off all at once. That's the real pitfall.

underrated
a communist is just a catholic with serious daddy issues

>communist countries are shitho-
whoa

Polack retard