I'm a teacher at an Alternative school...

I'm a teacher at an Alternative school, the school where they send kids that cause too much trouble at the regular schools or the kids that got caught taking one drink of alcohol someone passed around on the bus.

Our school sucks, facility wise. It's an old tech school and everything is old and out of date and depresssing.
They just throw kids over here and forget about them until it's time for us to lobby to get them back into the regular schools. It's like "out of sight, out of mind" for these kids as far as the regular school goes, but damnit they are worth fighting for!

Anyway, I'm putting together a library of reading books for the kids. I've begged, borrowed and "stole" to get books. Bought a bunch myself, raided free little libraries and now I'm asking you guys for help.

Here is my Eth address, make a donation and tell me what book to buy. I can buy cheap used copies of almost anything off Amazon for like $7 after shipping. I'll post updates later if anyone supports us.

Thanks

0x9719d29d05aa683652dc43e6b07d7a8647c4f07e

Other urls found in this thread:

donorschoose.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you know you can just download whatever book you want right? youre probably scamming

Buy a million mooncoin and hand out coins to kids who finish books or do good deeds.
Otherwise, get your fucking school to buy the books, holy shit this is some weak scamming

lol wow dude if you get money from this i will be shocked... and right behind you posting a bullshit story FOR DUH KEEEEDS

Post proof and an address. I'm from Veeky Forums and own many spare copies of books. Some are good some are bad but most can be read. I have no problem giving books but i'm not giving money to you without any proof.

Sent ;)

Thank you to the few that care to support our kids.
Ship any books to

Mr. Miller
C/O Renaissance Center
203 Airport Road
Greenville, Ky 42345

Now as for why the district won't just buy them, we are a struggling district just making its way out of some major financial issues. Our building funds were severely limited, teachers took a 10% pay cut (but we are now starting to slowly get that back) and money is just so tight. We aren't allowed to borrow any more money either. There are many needs and a few good people and organizations are trying, it's just hard to meet every need. We have textbooks covered now, and that is an improvement. This is probably seen as a luxury to most, but giving a kid a book they want to read is pretty powerful stuff.

Oh and I've done the Reddit gifts thing for teachers, where people buy supplies for the classroom. Between that and a coal company grant we were able to get all the school supplies our students need for the year.

You might think this is a scam but I assure you this is just a teacher trying everything he can to make it a little better for his students.

Books we have already:
All the Harry Potter books,
Almost all the Percey Jackson,
All the John green books,
A lot of Gary Paulson stuff.

Our janitor gave me 30 years worth of National Geographic maps to cover a blank (not even dry-walled) wall...

Forgot the pic...

that looks pretty cool

Ok well how about not having them read all the fag shit that wont improve their lives

OP, are you able to provide proof of any kind? You seem legit, but if you've spent any time on this board, you will understand my skepticism. I like that wall with the maps btw

May I ask how old the kids are? I assume if they were taking alcohol they must be around 15-16 but I could be wrong. May change what I give depending on the age.

I am willing to ship to you:
Moby Dick, The catcher in the rye (perfect for rebellious teens I would say), The island of Dr. Moreau, The great Gatsby, Boy overboard and Catch 22.

How does that sound to you? I don't know if the thread will be up when I wake up so answer me on my trash email: [email protected]

OP is actually a bad kid going to an alt school that he got sent to for drinking alcohol someone passed around on the bus.

He's just posting a picture of his classroom trying to get people to send him ETH he's a bad kid that will probably just cash out and buy weed

pic related.. its OP

Awesome!

Yeah we actually get kids from 6th grade to seniors.

So most of the books I have aren't great literature but are more selected for getting the kids interested in reading. Hopefully they will be a "gateway" book to draw kids into reading and then we can get them into the classics, or modern classics or whatever. I've had a senior girl tell me before that she had never read a book in her life until her time here, when she proceeded to read about 7 books a month starting with John Green then moving into some other stuff.

Anyway, I can send more pics from the classroom if you want tomorrow, along with something noting that it's me and this is for Veeky Forums or whatever. That pic I put up was from last year when I started the room decoration, it's a little better now and the library is growing but a far way off from what the kids deserve.

Oh, and if you leave an email I can contact you from my work email if that serves as proof.

Will definitely be emailing the person with the classics to donate right now...

Here's a "before" photo of the big wall, I bought some contact shelf paper to cut up and put on behind the gaps between the maps to make it look like a wood panel wall. This is just sheetrock without drywall mud or anything.

I've also painted those cubical. The kids like to have a space where they can be alone when they want and since I painted it at the beginning of the year there hasn't been a single case of graphiti on it. Kind of a "broken windows" theory thing I think.

Wow i almost belib u.
Gud luk 2u pajeet very good story india bro

Hi OP
Are you familiar with this site for teachers to raise money for projects and classroom needs? My daughter is a teacher and was able to raise the money she needed to buy books for her classroom in NYC.

donorschoose.org/

I don't have any ETH to send to you. Any other addresses?

Yeah I am familiar with donorschoose, I set up an acount there last year but they kept rejecting my post because it didn't have pics of kids in it. They said while they weren't required they are strongly recommended but then they rejected my post/project for lack of pics of students... my school has a strict "no photos of students" on any social media because we are an Alternative School and privacy laws in education mean we can't put out students' names or images out there since it would be acknowledging that they were in trouble and sent to an Alternative school.

As for other addresses, I have a Binance account so technically I could get an address for any coin they carry if I don't have one already.

You want some LINK? It's yours. Post your address. Hurry...I am tired and need to go to bed.

You are doing good work. Your students are very lucky to have you as a teacher.

I can't stay up any longer. Hopefully I can check back in the morning and find a LINK address for you here. If it has been archived, I will watch for another post from you.

Sorry I dozed off.

Here's a link address you can donate to, don't forget to tell me what book(s) you want me to buy!

0x9719d29d05aa683652dc43e6b07d7a8647c4f07e

just get a projector and a computer and teach them how to buy high sell low

>Not even a timestamp mimicking these photos

"No"