ASX Friday thread

ASX Friday thread

ASX/Market discussion only - No shitcoins allowed.

where are the lithium boys at?

btw did you manage to make a thread last week?

GXY or PLS?
AGY or AVZ?

I made the thread last week, yes

bump

Thoughts on PLS progression?

Can I buy link on asx? Is it a good exchange?

Finally sold GXY this week boys. 65% profit in 18 months all thanks to Veeky Forums

Any telstra holders?
> forecast reduce in dividends
> bought in at 4, now at 3.5
Despite the downer they would still give a good dividend
What are your thoughts?

EV lad checking in, i'm all loaded up with MEI,
Looking to get into the milk game, the milk plays still looking strong.

if you fags aren't buying MEI you are going to miss out on meteoric gains. real talk.

shill me this microcap. what am i looking at?

Bought CWN @ $10.75 last November, got their juicy special dividend and sold at $13.

Just rebought back in $10.90 today

Its probably a2m

aight let me tell you about this coin, Meteoric Resouces, originally an Australian gold play has moved to Canada. Now get THIS. They are assaying land in a METEOR CRATER. Drilling has already been done by other companies but something happened in Canada years ago, and they stopped a lot of drilling programs. Now MEI has all the assays they just need to analyse them. VERY likely chance of MASSIVELY high grades of cobalt, copper etc - BECAUSE ITS FROM AN ASTEROID.
Assay results coming out VERY soon, (next week sometime). All indications point to VERY good results, do not miss out on this opportunity.

Check out the hotcopper forum on MEI, for the ultimate shill. Not very widely known but this is great play IMO

thanks baba

i wonder what the approximate mine life is on this thing, like how big could an asteroid be?

It's kilometers wide, have a look at hotcopper it's all on there. Neighbouring companies (not on asx) have already found really really nice results - and supposedly our land is EVEN BETTER.

shits a dog. its long term prospects are zero. Theres no more telecom monopolies now that noone has home phones. I finally managed to get my parents to sell their bags

It's not that doom and gloom, the entire sector has been in a sell off over the last year as the NBN has shook things up.

I expect TPG will perform better than Telstra but both in say 5 years I'd imagine would be in a much better place than where they're at now.

Entered into a long gold position myself, expecting it to pick up a bit come early November.

i think it could go lower. sooner or later the gov will have to admit the NBN plan has failed. The only reason why they're still relevant is that Telstra has more general coverage in remote areas. I believe in 5-10 years the future of ISPs will be entirely wireless citywide coverage so Telstras monopoly on the psychical lines will be useless. And by that stage the majority of people will be using VOIP apps to communicate like sykpe, whatsapp or FB messenger

Hands down I agree, in addition to the fact that TPG can fuck Telstra over by having an advantage through their FTTB infrastructure in high density areas.

I think you're focusing too much on retail/consumer though, Telstra and most telecommunication companies derive most of their revenue through coroporates still.

true, i hadnt really considered the companies that still use them.

Regardless of what happens it's a pretty sad story given how many mum and dads own Telstra shares

I thought the ASX threads had died. I come back to find the microshit miner shills are still haunting this place. Anyone remember RMX and MLS? Beware lads, beware.

bump

what do your stock portfolios look like my fellow australians?

I remember, I remeber every day since I bought at 0-031 per share. now sitting at 0.013
I'll have to continue waiting on their retarded exploration and pray for hype to offload this bags, OH GOD THEY'RE SO HEAVY

Right now I'm just long gold and have BUBS as well as RIO.

The guy who was talking about NUH did alright too, it's recovered well and seems like his predictions of back to 10c-11c by the new year are quite plausible

I'm curious since I want to make this a weekly thing I'll post on Fridays for us

>age
>what you study/work as
>what super fund you're with
>biggest /asxgeneralfinancial/ regret

I know an individual who lost $45k as a 24 yr old on a junior mining company in like 2012 or 2013, that was his life savings and 2 years of working a grad role

I'll assume you lost no where near as much as him but take it as a warning that the micro cap stocks, in particular mining are just ripe of pump and dumps, insider trading and management just earning 6 figure salaries for years off shareholders while they do fuck all

something to take my mind off my failing crypto today

worked at chemist warehouse in 2014/15 and watched every chink walking through the door buying baby formula and vitamins and decided it was a good idea to invest in it

went for Bellamys and Blackmores, and other foodstuffs which chinks love. Met one of the owners of Freedom Foods who was a pretty cool guy, he told me alot about the companies vision and i agreed with alot of things he said- basically wanting to make australia the breadbasket of asia and supply them with not just necessities like baby formul & vitamins, but also packaged food and other high quality foodstuffs that are hard to get in china. My entire portfolio is with them now, they also do some dividends which is nice

I'm holding for one reason, Telstra Cloud.

I work for a big IT company (US owned) and this scares the sales guys shitless. The potential to sweep up contracts from government entities as the "aussie" option is huge.

I want to believe that some of them can come good, I really do. I'm bagholding RMX, got a little in another called CO1 that's more or less stayed steady for me. My big hope is GGG. I feel like the signs are good for an approval late this year or early next. There was an user on here who was losing his mind over MLS, I wonder if he's still around.
I bought in at the same price. I'm pretty sure you and were talking about it and crossing fingers for a good announcement. That was a pisser that one was.

Redpill me on dividends
If I put 10k into Telstra right now, what kind of dividends am I looking at on a yearly basis?
What other companies offer solid dividends?

Basically the entire ASX20 offers pretty substantial dividends bar CSL.

I'd stay away from big 4 banks and Telstra though.

>Lithium
Made a tidy profit with Lepidco earlier this week. Will potentially buy in again after its inevitable fall back through 2 cents.
I'm still in my Galaxy position, do you think its reached the end of its run? I thought it was still in a pretty strong spot with its mining operations.

In stoner news, buying MXC in September was a good move.

MEI isn't a long term hold, everyone knows 90% of penny stocks eventually crash.
DYOR, but don't say I didn't tell you so.

Honestly I'm no expert, but I was going to place my sell at 3.14when I saw that price, +40% on shares is good and I'm trying not to let greed control me. Especially with the quarterly sales report coming out, thought I could capitalise on the hype.
Thankfully my laziness scored me an extra 35 cents and I didn't sell til Monday

If you want dividend payers buy A-REIT's (no point buying overseas because of muh franking credits)

I have positions in three A-REIT's:
>$RFF (agriculture)
>$ARF (childcare)
>$NSR (storage)

RFF is the highest growth so pays the lowest dividend (~4.5%). NSR will basically never see any growth so pays the highest dividend (~6%). So obviously on $10k that is $600/year.

The only one I really expect capital appreciation on is RFF and they have done well for me so far.

What exchange is this on?

Anyone else have BSM in their portfolio? Saw it being shilled here earlier around January and decided to buy some back in August.

Micro cap graphite miner on the verge of starting production. Maybe some lithium potential also but only preliminary grades for now.

It literally says in the pic

Anyone still bongstock?
MXC had a nice jump today.
Thoughts on the leaders AC8, CPH, MMJ etc?
I'm assuming AC8 will be the long term standout because of the Canadian backing but it might be an interesting year ahead.

Holding
AGO
BRN
SAS
NAN
MMJ
NAN
A2M
Around 150k across all

What do you think of SAS honestly? Looks interesting but still no revenue

RGS and MSB bags galore

Not fucking selling until they find some breakthrough medical shit desu

There is potential, but yeah lack of revenue is concerning, havent been keeping up with the news since they launched their 3 sats.
Willing to give them some more time.

Add IMU to that list