Time Travel

If you were offered the chance to go back in time and become a noble from the 1100's would you do it and if yes what rank would you be willing to settle for (Count, Duke, king ect.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/acRZpf8g2Tg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No offense but this is a ridiculously stupid thread

I know.

No, I rather like central heating/ac, electricity, the internet, refrigeration, preserved foods, and not being obligated to go to war every couple years.

That being said, if I had no choice i'd go for Duke as it seems the most comfy
>be related to King without all of the scary uncertainty of being the King
>a lot of land for income and cheeky things to patronize like monasteries and maybe a university

>Me
>a noble in 1100s

Nigger shit was more complicated that nuclear physics. This ain't some anime where the loser goes to elf-girl world and his useless skills become his greatest strength. I'd run the nation into ruin in one day, be stuck in a marriage with a bitch I don't like, and probably be assassinated by my brother who was cucking me with the bitch I don't like.

Fucking yes. As long as I had at least as much land as, say, Liechtenstein, I'd be happy.

Eleanor of Aquitaine

Be a norman english baron holding land in non military tenur

Eh, maybe lord of some small island someplace, where I can be comfy but not so rich that other lords come to take my shit.

Voivode of Moldavia.
youtu.be/acRZpf8g2Tg

>he wants to live in a shithole that is constantly attacked by Turks and Russians!

Anglesey or iceland

Fuck no, someplace nice like one of the smaller Baleric islands.

*Gets raided by Saracens*

In the 12th century? I would only if I was in the Byzantine empire. I wouldn't care about any title as long as it wouldn't be Basileus

That happened to Iceland, too.

Don't forget not dying of dysentery

There were not many dukes in the 1100's. And a Duke (or even a King) was not necessarily stronger than a Count.
The Count of Toulouse and the Count of Flanders who participated in the First Crusade were richer than the King of France (who didn't participated in the First Crusade) or the Duke of Normandy and about as rich as the Duke of Lorraine (a German Duke).

If 12th century, then somewhere in Northern Scandinavia as a baron/count.
It was somewhat "peaceful".