Itt: tell me about the proud history of kurds. no t*rks allowed

itt: tell me about the proud history of kurds. no t*rks allowed.

No such thing

Worse than t*rks desu
t. hay

>be proud kurd
>turk appears, offer to share my goat with him
>no thanks, he already had some goat vag today
>tells me to kill armenians or he will take away my goat vag
>will do anything to keep my goat love
>kill armenians
>then turks kill me and 500,000 of the rest of my people
>have to live in shitty part of iraq and twerkey while armenian survivors get their own glorious soviet state with the largest nuclear reactor in asia minor
>shitpost on Veeky Forums to feel better about it

This is coming back any day now.

They're saviors of the Islamic World

Kurds have their origins in Nordic Aryan immigration from Andronovo culture to Elam and later to Anatolia. Modern day Kurds are a mix of these Nordics and local armenoids and meds.

Kurds rhymes with turds! Kurds are turds! Kurds means shit. Kurds turds! Turds kurds!

Wrong. Kurds are NORDIC ARYANS.

>genocide christians for kemal
>kemal genocides you too
they got what they deserved

Are Kurds seriously descended from Medians or is just a we wuz? I've also heard somewhere they may be related to Gutians.

>kurds so utterly irrelevant and useless that one of the biggest movements for the promotion of their identity and culture is on fucking steam

What exactly do you want to know. Like every people on earth, genetically Kurds consist of different "layers". First there was the Halaf culture, then the Hurrians and Mitanni, after that they got Iranized and with the advent of Islam they received a small amount of semitic admixture. One theory is that the Carduchians were an Iranic tribe and gradually took over the semitic and caucassian peoples around them and thus formed the Kurdish people. (Which kind of makes sense, southern Kurds look more semitic, northern Kurds look more like Armenians)

In the early periods of Islam they had some good eras, a golden age for Kurds one might say, They had different emirates which were de facto independant, the biggest ones were the Marwanids and the Rawadids (Salahuddins tribe). After their golden age, which I guess lasted to about 1200-1300 they pretty much drifted into obscurity for a while. Starting with the 15th century they were sandwhiched between two great powers (ottomans and persians) so again there was pretty much no prospect of gaining true independance. However because they were Sunnis, they helped the ottomans push back the Safavids and were granted greater autonomy in return. This autonomy lasted for a few hundred years, until the centralization period of the ottoman empire when their tribal chiefdoms were gradually destroyed.

The advent of nationalism in the middle east pretty much sealed their fate as it is pretty much impossible to fight against 4 other nations on their own. (4 nations occupying the homeland they claim)

Their pre Islamic religion was Mithraism.

Kurdistan is a made-up country for a made-up people

Do you know about / can you say something about the Yezidi and Christian emirates during the autonomous period? Were the Yezidis powerful as I read somewhere?

This is a Christian fortress in Chamba, southeastern Turkey before 1915, it was probably used during that time.

Christian "Nestorian" "Assyrian", that is.

Um no sweetie

>Saladin hailed from the Rawadid tribe
>Originally of Arab descent, the Rawadids ruled Tabriz and northeastern Azerbaijan in the late 8th and early 9th centuries.[1]

from what I understand, modern day Kurdistan was pretty important in the Persian Empires, and may have even been the birthplace of Zoroaster.

Cant say much about that, but Yezidism was more widespread among Kurds back in the day. Some say Yezidis made up up to 30-40 percent of Kurds until the 15th century, but its unlikely imo.Saladins tribe lived among Kurds for several hundred years already when he was born, so they were definitely heavily kurdified, to the point of carrying Kurdish names and basically considering themselves Kurds.

Bump

Don't quote me, but I remember reading somewhere that Kurd means mountain dweller in old Persian

Their history is sedentary and tribal like the Turk's and caucasians

*nomadic and tribal

t. Mahmed

Is this ironic?

We wuz. While it's obvious that there's many admixtures to the population (to the degree that nowadays some peoples don't know themselves if they're Kurds or not, like Zaza, Gurans or Lurs), most of the probable ancestors of the modern Kurds lived alongside the Medians and were separate from them, like the Carduchoi in Xenophon's Anabasis.

>and may have even been the birthplace of Zoroaster.

Zoroaster was born before the Persian Empire arose and it's pretty clear from the place names in Avesta that it's set in north-eastern Khorasan. Media as Zoroaster's birthplace is a meme that arose from the fact that Zoroastrianism was preserved in (mostly independent) Media Atropatene during Alexander's and Seleucid conquests.

>Kurds
>Proud history
>implying they aren't known as the jews of mesopotamia
hahahahaha

>Help turks genocide armenians and assyrians
>Turks reward you by genociding you
kurdniggers don't deserve to exist, not even talking about a state

umm sweaty turks are kurds and vice versa