When you think about the anglosphere you realise the UK (England) created 3 states the size of Rome...

When you think about the anglosphere you realise the UK (England) created 3 states the size of Rome, all as equally influential in an extrapolated meaning of time.

Canada
Australia
United States of America
Not to mention the UK and all of its other holdings.

Is the anglosphere the greatest and most influential Pax of all time?

Militarily
Technologically
Culturally
Economically
Genetically

In before some troll baited cherry picked example, I'm talking at the elite ends of things.

No, they're basically just sophisticated krauts

One might consider the American Revolution as similar to splitting up of the Roman empire into the WRE and Byzantium Empire.

Never saw it like that, interesting.

>the UK (England)
Get fucked

>massive swathes of wasteland that are technically "owned" by states

I mean, sure I guess. But angloboo posting is usually poorly thought out and you aren't making a great example. I'm imagining you likely tell people in hushed circles that all those not-UK countries are actually still somehow "UK countries" to try and ignore the idea that they aren't.

"but muh similarities"
"but based off anglo xyz" if we're playing that game then we can keep going further and further back until england didn't exist. Or rather, until it did exist but in one of the hands of the 8 gorillion peoples who have been "English" in all the time the Kingdom has existed.
It's interesting, but especially trying to LARP that the US was anything anglo after they rebelled is utter lunacy. Why do so many British people refuse to accept the many amazing things the British did and instead have to swell it up to retarded proportions?

also
>the UK (england)
jesus christ

>America
>Wasteland

What did he mean by this? Or new Zealand.

Sure Australia is a massive desert and so are Canada but their habitable areas are hardly even filled

I fear your anti-anglo rant is a tad disingenuous

Couldn't the entire world be said to be a dominion of the British Empire now? An Anglo patrician can basically go anywhere and do anything. The world's elites send their kids to Oxbridge thus Anglifying them, English is basically Latin now. Anywhere with a shopping mall is basically part of the web.

I'm English you fucking mongrel, and I'm always going to be assblasted about how anti-british Veeky Forums has become because of retards like you spouting a version of our history comparable to some faggot who's just played EU4 for the first time.

You're in the same class of people who can't accept that our actual contributions to WW2 were incredible and admirable enough, but rather that we were not only one of the biggest contributions to victory but in fact THE biggest threat to Germany and undisputed champion of the war.
The sort of person who skips past alllll the other threads to find the ONE that mentions England or Britain, only stopping by other threads to dip in and compare other countries to england.

Or maybe I'm associating you with a myriad of other faggots based on far too little, but the fact remains that this thread absolutely stinks of "guys lets all circlejerk about the "anglosphere" and try to take credit for their achievements haha"
Just learn to limit yourself my guy

*(((British Empire)))
Ever since the seven years war England has controlled the finances of the world. Or rather the English aristocracy owns all the world banks and thus the currency

go to bed lindy

That's . . . actually pretty interesting to ponder. I mean, if America and the British Empire were united under one flag, it would EASILY be the most powerful nation on Earth. It would probably even dwarf Rome in sheer influence.

Wish we could include south africa in this thread but sadly it's all niggers

ITT: UK tries to pass of American achievements as their own

The only relevant member of the Anglosphere is America, and they only got that way by breaking away.

Except not, since there was actually never a split. It wasn't 2 separate societies, governments, states. It was one state that had a government based on dual executives sharing responsibilities. It was a similar setup as the consul system, save there were set provincial spheres they controlled.

I dislike the term "Anglo", no one ever uses it IRL. It's such a meme term

Yes, the UK is the main progenitor of these early nations. Today, however, things are different.

The United states is made up of many ethnic groups, as are the other former colonies. Racial, and I'd say cultural Anglo is certainly a minority in many regions. I believe German is the most populous ethnic group in the USA, which will soon be eclipsed by Mexican.

Whatever Anglo influence still exists is more of a memory of a bygone era. Americans still have an affinity for English things, we will always share a language and general culture. But changes over time and our own self development and identity has greater influences from non-Anglo factors. I am an American, and when it comes down to it, traditionally Americans have viewed the UK in a hostile way. Never seemed to forget the revolution I guess, or when the UK burned our capital in the war of 1812.

>Is the anglosphere the greatest and most influential Pax of all time?

>Militarily
So far yes.
>Technologically
Also yes. Industrial revolution started in England and America and that had a huge impact on history.
>Culturally
Well maybe but probably not. Roman, even Mongol were probably more influential.
>Economically
Yeah probably, but not forever.
Genetically
>LOL

If i were to ever go back for a Phd in history, i have thought about doing my thesis on this exact thought.

>One might consider the American Revolution as similar to splitting up of the Roman empire into the WRE and Byzantium Empire.

>Never saw it like that, interesting.

>That's . . . actually pretty interesting to ponder. I mean, if America and the British Empire were united under one flag, it would EASILY be the most powerful nation on Earth. It would probably even dwarf Rome in sheer influence.

The United States system of governing is an anglo system of politics, it has an anglo legal system based on anglo philosophy. Even the way they rule their Empire is extremely similar to that of the British empire and there is continuity there , that is a Pax-Americana mono-centric liberal democratic system that has its financial/technological (New York/silicon valley) center in the heart of the empire.

It is not by chance we talk about Anglo-saxon Common law, and about anglo-saxon philosophy (essentially what later morphed into analytic philosophy and). Of course there are multiple european influences, and minority influences that morphed the USA to what it is today. But the bones of the USA are anglo-saxon. It will be will be interesting to see while the US becomes less european in their ethnic make-up, to what it will morph into. Perhaps they will keep the bare minimums of anglo law and government, but have a widely different culture like the Byzantine Romans, as you say.

kek

>Mongols even coming close to being as culturally influential as Romans or Anglos

Please never post again

America isn't even an Anglo-Saxon nation. It's a melting pot of Africans, Mexicans, Italians and Germans. Also remember that this is Veeky Forums and through history UK has probably been most relevant

IIRC Burke actually called the American Revolutionary war a civil war.

The same people that call the HYW a french civil war

>the size of Rome

The anglo "pax" didn't even last a century. What Britain did was basically taking over a bunch of less developed countries, exploited them for a few decades and after it wasn't profitable to keep them left their colonies to rot.

The American colonies were a proper empire before they rebelled. The British Empire that came after was less of a pax and more of a brief period of overseas pillaging.

There was constant war with the Roman empire, pax romana didn't last a decade

There were constant wars at different parts of the Roman frontier but the enterior (Italia, Hellas, Gaul, Anatolia) saw centuries of peace. Generations could grow old and die without witnessing war directly which was something that was unimagenable before Roman hegemony.

Pax brittanica lasted a century but OP is talking about anglos more generally, fiveyes - proper angli countries are still absolutely dominant much to the chagrin of China and the EU.

Anglos have produced more of lasting value in the modern era than the sum total of all othet peoples

>america 'breaks away'
>britain amasses the mightiest empire in the history of humankind
>britain somehow is less relevant than america in this period
wew

I'm not any of those things, you schizo, I merely pointed out the US is hardly a wasteland nor is new Zealand so 50% of the mentioned countries aren t "wastelands".

Pretty embarrassing you flipped out desu though senpai, you have some issues. England hardly had a main role in WW2, sure we helped but that goes to Russia and the US.

>limit yourself

Yeah, right back at you

...and then they lose it all

>pls respond
Here's your (You).

>America
>Anglo
Choose one.
Seriously they're barely Anglo due to all that immigration, more like 25% Mexican, 25% Italian, 25% German, 25% Black.

While Anglos(And Celts) are clearly the masterrace, there are many issues that have arisen during Pax Anglo.
Like the decline of monarchy, the rise of progressivism, and many other issues.
We can only hope that these issues are resolved while the power of the Anglo holds strong.

The US is an Anglo country. I'm an American, and stop your worthless shitposting about us not being Anglo.

Did anyone order pasta?
>This is a load of shit and you know it.
>Back in the eighties, British was the single biggest census category, bigger than both Irish and German, at over 25%. What happened since then? Did we have a huge influx of Krauts and Micks? And huge expulsion of our Brits? No, we added the "American" category. And many old settler-descendants, ones who had been here since the foundation of this nation, checked that.
>Also, even then, I'd estimate that an even larger portion of the populace who are mainly British-American check an other box on the census. Why? Because they feel closer to some more recent member of the family. For example, if one has a German grandmother, and otherwise stretches back to 1680 with only British roots, that person would be likely to check German, since that's the closest contact to foreign culture he has, as British-American culture simply evolved into American culture.
>For example, my mother is 1/4 Swedish, and is otherwise completely old-stock English-American, but she checks Swedish on any census.
>Personally, I'd reckon we're over a third primarily British, and over half, just counting whites.

>I'm English because my Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother's dog was from England

High quality shitpost

give those guys green clothing so they're not mistaken for fedoralords

>duurrrrr no Anglos in America

Nice one regard, it's just Americans with one German uncle from 6 generations ago claiming to be "german", like all the faux-paddies they have

And even if the number is as large as you claim, they're culturally Anglo now

>Culturally Anglo
>Culturally
>Culture
What culture?
Seriously though English ancestry and culture is too diluted in America for them to be considered Anglosphere. Anglophone definitely

IIRC Anglo ancestry is still the largest in the US, it's just that largely Southerners and some others scattered about the country identify their ancestry as "American". When genetic testing is done on these individuals though, they come up overwhelming either English or Scottish in origin.
Also Anglo culture is clearly defined in America's folk music, fashion, laws, formal customs, and a number of other cultural areas. Probably the biggest actual breakaways from Anglo culture are modern music and food.

Culture is global now. We'll probably become more alike not less.

>traditionally Americans have viewed the UK in a hostile way.

Not true at all. Americans remember the wars where we were allied with the British before the ones we fought them in.

Move over grandpa, it's Pax Americana

Is that a pizza?

>Britain amasses the mightiest empire in the history of humankind

But that's not America right now, work smarter not harder. Then again America is no longer that smart and will be fucked by China, getting rid of manufacturing was a mistake

>modern music and food

The US and UK are far more similar in that regard than most any other two countries though, it just seems that the slight discrepancies are larger than they are because of a intimate report bwtween the two countries.

British and American pop music specifically constantly feed and influence each other in a rich number of ways [spoiler]often done by stealing from Jamaica [/spoiler], and there's a reason they are the ubiquitous creator of such cultural content for the world. Look at how genres as doverse as blues and detroit house were created by black Americans, "anglified" by the UK, and then sold back at a profit. The burger is also a logical extension of British street food.

Don't let those bogans convince us otherwise just because they use their half-step between platform to shitpost about the divide

They're hardly getting fucked by China. Even if the GDP is overtaken their per capita will be like $10000. Per capita is all that matters

If only you knew the power they have over the information age

That's actually really interesting.

You really can't recognize any English parts in American culture? Truly you must be dense.

They recognize an affinity for England, and obviously have one

It's about 14% German, 10% Irish, 12% black, 10% Mexican, 8% English, 7% American (which usually means anglo, or Scots-Irish), 6% Italian, 3% Polish, and 1-2% for all the other statistically significant ancestries

So all together Anglo's about tied with German for highest percentage, if not higher, depending on how the "American" category is interpreted.

Are these countries part of the Anglosphere?
> South Africa
> Jamaica
> Ireland
> Islands of the South Pacific

>> South Africa
>> Jamaica
>> Ireland
>> Islands of the South Pacific
Only Ireland.

>Reminder that the average former Spanish colony is wealthier and more developed than the average former Anglo colony

>Reminder that Anglos try to pretend the British had nothing to do with the disasters in South Africa, India, Burma, etc, and choose to ignore these places even exist

why not jamaica at least

Because they barely speak English and are niggers.

>Spain's best colonies
>all worse than England's best colonies

Really got my almonds activated.

You do raise a point about S. America > being better than Africa but that's true for the French as well.

Plus what's going on in Mexico seriously cheapens the fact they're green on that map.

This self delusion is the measure of contemporary bong retardation.

Nice 'argument'

>t. contemporary bong retard

>t. American of entirely german ancestry

Protip: The UK, Canada and Australia are puppets of America, and America is a decadent empire slowly tottering over a cliff over the course of a few short decades

>America
>Empire
Why do USAlanders insist on LARPing as the Roman empire with a senate and eagle

why is every thread about britain filled with dumb claims and /pol/ tier nationalism?

not after ww1 they don't

>British Empire were united under one flag, it would EASILY be the most powerful nation on Earth. It would probably even dwarf Rome in sheer influence.

you could say that about any european nation, england is not special in this regard and americans don't indentify as "anglo-saxons" you can stop your larping now.

>starting the yuan dynasty
>laying the foundations of russia
> direct ancestors the Mughal empire unifiy india
> End the abbassid and chinese hegemony in the middle east

>The anglo "pax" didn't even last a century. What Britain did was basically taking over a bunch of less developed countries, exploited them for a few decades and after it wasn't profitable to keep them left their colonies to rot.
>The American colonies were a proper empire before they rebelled. The British Empire that came after was less of a pax and more of a brief period of overseas pillaging.

the pax romana is about internal politics you brainless anglophile

Y'all retarded look up FVEY, Anglo rule the world by a long shot. The only other alliances that come close are OIC, BRICS and EU.

>The burger is also a logical extension of British street food.
How can someone be this fucking retarded? It literally has HAMBURG in the name for fucks sake

anglos suck, especially the english

they european niggers, beady eyed white niggers

Wake up user to the true overlords of the world. Redpill thyself

>americans don't indentify as "anglo-saxons"
This. They're too mutt to be Anglo-Saxon now

You do realise the rothschilds are just the banking arm of the black nobility?
Literaly just gold hoarders for the true elite.

The true masters

>black nobility
Who?

u r gay should be at the same tier as argentina

The former two.

Like every other great empire in history then?

These days everyone online larps as either a nazi or a communist, both of which require a genocidal loathing of brits as conditions of entry. Throw in some /int/ memes that idiots unironically believe in due to sheer repetition and you have a whole board traumatised by the UK's existence.

>implying spain united with greece would be as powerful as the US

laffin

yes hahahaha

People love Romans, Nazis and Soviets (rarely the last one) because they're no longer around so no one can legitimately claim they're one of them and skew their image. People hate Brits though (despite their accomplishments being greater than any of the aforementioned and committing much larger genocide) because brits are still around and no one wants to admit the superiority of a people who are still around