Chad Franz Josef:

Chad Franz Josef:
>was the titular ruler of every crown land in Austria-Hungary
Virgin Wilhelm:
>had like 30 monarchs alongside him in the German "Empire"

>Franz Joseph
>Starts WW1 and depends entirely on Germany to win war for him
>Chad

>cucks the germans into dying in millions for his dynastic empire and then dies peacefully in bed, secure in having ruled the greatest empire in Central Europe for more than half a century, while Wilhelm the Virgin is exiled and lives decades of irrelevance in the Netherlands before finally dying after seeing somebody actually succeed where he failed
Sounds pretty comfy to me desu

why did the German Empire keep those autistic HRE era borders?

>finally dying after seeing somebody actually succeed where he failed
succeed in what? totally destroying the state of germany?

in invading france, and then in destroying germoney

germans are autistic

>>Franz Joseph
>>Starts WW1
Except that's obviously false?
It was Germany who turned it into a larger conflict.

>HRE era borders
not even close

Austria-Hungary was a lot more conservative in that regard
Except Galicia-Lodomeria which was made up on spot in 1773 based on 13th century wewuzing

What?

What are you talking about
That’s much cleaner

What "What"?

He still started the war you faggot
You say that it's Germany's fault it turned into such a large conflict, there could've been no fucking conflict at all if Franz Josef had just fucking negotiated you cunt

>That’s much cleaner
That map is not taking into account the titular crownlands, and the subdivisions of Hungary

>you faggot
>you cunt
Shut the fuck up spastic. Rude.

Yes he started a war with Serbia but it's Wilhelm who took it outside of the Balkans.

>That’s much cleaner
That guy said "HRE era" not "border gore"

>it's Wilhelm who took it outside of the Balkans.
But that's fucking wrong
Austria got into Serbia's face, Russia stepped up to Austrian aggression, Germany told Russia to fuck off, Russia started mobilizing, Germany declared war, and then RUSSIA took it out of the Balkans by calling France into the war.

>Russia took it out of the Balkans by calling in France
>Austria-Hungary can call in their allies but Russia isn't allowed to

Now you're just moving the goalposts

What do mean when you say 13th century we wuzzing? Are you talking about the claims Maria Theresa made on Polish land during the partition.

Never talk about /ourguy/ Franz-Joseph again, you uneducated baboon

Napoleon and the vienna congress did a few things to the map. Afterwards there was decades of peace, and when they wanted to form germany it was easiest not to open another can of worms like that. (Besides, looking closely it's a very small share of the area suffering from those microstates, so...)

both of those people spoke positively about Franz-Joseph...

there is a theory according to which Franz Joseph sacrificed the A-H Empire in order to stop the Huns from conquering the Europe

he has such magnificent sideburns and that glorious mustache, he was too pure for this world, the virgin kaiser could never compete

>all these idiots calling Franz Joseph a chad
He was the avatar of suffering, you dumb fags

I think he's talking about those tiny states like Lippe or the Thuringian states that were scattered everywhere.

Kingdom of Galicia-Lodomeria is named after the Ruthenian Duchy of Galich-Vladimir
And it was made up on spot in 1773

Austrian moustache game was the strongest in the war

>subdivisions of Hungary

makes sense to me

Not what I meant, I mean Szekely land, Croatia, Slavonia, Serbian Voivodeship & Banat of Temeswar, City of Rijeka
Which had varied legal status but were all titular crownlands at the very least

Most of those were abolished during or after 1867.
A more accurate one would show Croatia and Fiume as a distinct units within Hungary but that's it.

>german dukes
>same level as the kaiser
HURRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRR RABBABABABABA EEEEEEEEE

But the king of Prussia was on the level with kings of Bavaria, Saxony, Wurttemberg.

But the king of Prussia was also German emperor, a higher title
lets not forget the dick-wagging of aristocratic hierarchy. those kings were irrelevant with a higher authority around

and duke of austria was emperor of not only germany but entire HRE

The fuck does a glacier have to do with history?

wtf did he mean by this

>Hohenzollern as a part of Prussia
>not as a separate realm
my autism

The Kingdom of Servia started the war by murdering the Inspector-General Franz Ferdinand.

there are some arctic islands in northern russia called the Franz Josef islands because they were first discovered by austrians during Franz Josef's rule

What's this land in the far southwest? Württemberg or something? Is Urach in there?

Serbia? I'm a normie sorry

Hohenzollern

I LOVE how Austrian states didn't change a bit from the Imperial crownlands
(Except Vienna)

BRING BACK THE HABSBURGS BRING BACK THE WITTELSBACHS

>wanting your country to be owned by some guy who happened to inherit it from his daddy
At least make it electoral.

Republicans out

A monarchy can be electoral you moron

Electoral "monarchy" is literally a republic in a fancy coat.

But that's what great about it

Nothing great about a republic. Most electoral monarchies were also complete catastrophes.

>Whig understanding of Monarchies
*threw up*.

>what is HRE
>what is Poland-Lithuania
>what is Vatican/Papal state
Electoral monarchy makes even more sense with modern powerless monarchies like UK or Sweden.

Who would you prefer to be your national celebrity?
>some guy who was born to inherit the whole country
or
>a deserved national figure: an artist, writer, sportsman, scholar etc.
You could even put a safe check of a consensus/supermajority in the legislature, to ensure their apoliticality.
They don't have much political power anyway

>Whig
I'm not an Anglo.

>what is HRE
A meme, not even a real country. More similar to modern EU than to an actual empire.

>what is Poland-Lithuania
A complete disaster of a country.

>A complete disaster of a country.
But that wasn't because of electoral character of the monarchy.

>Who would you prefer to be the ruler of your nation? A guy who has been raised and prepared since birth to tackle the responsibility, or some goof-ass who knows how to tell people what they want to hear

>A guy who has been raised and prepared since birth to tackle the responsibility
yeah that's why absolute dictatorships are the best countries and democracies are shitholes

Exactly. Glad to see you get it.

>democracies are shitholes
Vast majority of them are shitholes indeed.

absolute monarchists are fucked in the head

Not an argument.

Shut it do....oh you mean the germans.
Yes. Those pesky germans. na't trust them.
He he he, the külföldi dosen't know.

I know. I wasn't making one, you moron.

Because you're unable to.

Move to your beloved North Korea, Saudi Arabia or the Congo then

I'd rather live in Saudi Arabia than Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Philippines, South Sudan, Honduras or Nicaragua (all democracies).

And Burgenland which was stolen from Hungary.

Well yeah but you can just pretend it's called "Hungary"

A Prussia that large is disgusting

What if, say around 1900, Austria-Hungary split? The Austrian half joined the German empire, and the Hungarian half became an independent kingdom allied to Germany.

Would that have fixed things?

It all would have worked out if Central powers won WWI

But then the syndies would take over

Hungarian here: the only chance to split was between 1848 and 1865, and not as the "Kingdom of Hungary", but as a confederation, which... would had been impossible in the century of rising natsionalism.

EVEN if Hungary totally respected every minority, Romania in the neightborhood wouldn't had missed any chance to take parts of Transylvania, and Croatia might be more friendly towards the Hungarian crown, but sooner or later would had tried to leave.

Basically Hungary really fucking needed Vienna for the kingdom to not to eat itself, and Vienna needed Hungary to not lose the Empire. If WW1 didn't happen, it could had become actually a united federation, a proto-EU, of course by slim chance but still.

>If WW1 didn't happen, it could had become actually a united federation, a proto-EU, of course by slim chance but still.
Wasn't that what Franz Ferdinand wanted?
But then fucking Bosnian Serbs killed him

>Inspector-General
what kind of title is that

Preventing the Romanian unification could have also helped, no?

Because they kept their kings

Arch duke of Austria
Which is higher than prince
But also emperor of the Austro-Hungarian empire

His Imperial and Royal Apostolic Majesty,
By the Grace of God Emperor of Austria,
King of Hungary and Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, Lodomeria and Illyria;
King of Jerusalem, etc.;
Archduke of Austria;
Grand Duke of Tuscany and Cracow;
Duke of Lorraine, Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola and Bukovina;
Grand Prince of Transylvania, Margrave of Moravia;
Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia, of Modena, Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla, of Auschwitz and Zator, of Teschen, Friaul, Ragusa and Zara;
Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca;
Prince of Trent and Brixen;
Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria;
Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg etc.;
Lord of Trieste, of Cattaro and on the Windic March;
Grand Voivode of the Voivodeship of Serbia
etc., etc.

>But that's what great about it

Wow you really told me
le epic nu male soy boy nintoddler meme