Phished for $57k in ETH

I was just on EtherDelta's support chat and saw this:

etherscan.io/tx/0x2a760ee90f5d8589d91ccb996e994bb3aeef802732dd0ddf143a242841357194

Looks like it legit happened - normies man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And to a reported phishing address...

Fuccccck

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

if your a normie, just get a fucking hardware wallet

How the fuck do you even do something like that? I'm serious, how?

These people deserve everything they got coming to them

the problem is slack not having the tools to clamp down on this stuff.

>57k
fuck me sideways, im a newfag, how do people phish like this, how does it work?

Most likely a phished MEW account...

Stay frosty out there guys

And this is why crypto will never take off. Enjoy the bubble while it lasts

poorfaq detected

nah, it will just mean services like coinbase become more important even if it means more users end up on centralized services.

crypto is like having raw access to swift, very very few people need access at that level, most people are happy and would prefer if they were safeguarded from most of the basic mistakes you can make, even if it comes at a cost of not being able to control your own private keys.

This can just easily happen with a bank, and does all the time. With widespread adoption, security measures will be massively improved.

We're in the Wild West era atm, with a shitload of gold

>nigerian princes scam people
>this is why banking will never take off

checked

what hardware wallet would you recommend?

because someone got phished?
the fuck?
>did you hear
>Jedediah got scammed last month
>2 guys shold him sheep for his paper stacks
>but the sheep were really blankets
>paper money will never take of, Steve

Banks can garentee you get your money back. Once crypto is gone. Its gone.

here is your typical slack phish

Man, that's got to fucking hurt. Probably some dumbfuck who bought in above 250 as well.

you are actually retarded get the fuck off this board you stupid trash cunt, if people left their fiat on an unsecured website the same shit would happen to you normie cuckholds too

Dat url tho lmao

get a ledger nano s, ignore the keepkey and trezor because they're less secure and not tamper resistant, and dont bother with the ledger blue because its no better than the nano s, lags behind in updates, and has more built quality issues.

only if you make high level transactions with them, because the money hasnt actually gone anywhere, its just numbers being moved around. if you make a high value international transaction, after a few days its gone for good, and you need to go through legal channels to try and get it back, "off-chain", the same way you would have to in the crypto world.

Ledger, supports most of the altcoins plus more will follow, stored my btc, eth, ark, pivx, vtc and xrp on it

The problem is not the theft part - niggers steal. Its the no recourse to recover lost or stolen funds. Normie McMoneybags heres about that shit he says fuck it and dumps his cash in Fidelity. This means no lambos for /biz

This. Crypto needs some kind of consensus for rolling back transactions. Perhaps it could be voted on by stake holders

Once it's mainstream, I'm sure there would be a degree of indemnity (for want of a better expression) in cases like this.

thats the whole point of crypto, to give the level of transaction finality that cash gives you but completely internationally. if you don't need that then you don't need crypto, you can use paypal.

Ignore the keepkey and trezor? Nigger is you stupid? I swear Nano S has the best marketing ever. Reddit fags and /Biz cucks are sheep.

not possible, to do that you need centralized identity, the solution is to build layers on top that give you protection, like escrow.

I agree.

normies are stupid

i certianly wouldnt trust my money to a device that someone can backdoor without you knowing about. the fact that they seal the device and prevent you from easily opening it is all you need to know. not to mention its ugly as fuck.

Thats why i said it should be voted on by stakeholders to maintain decentralisation

Then be careful you stupid fucking nigger

so what happens when some fuck writes a smart contract that maybe is not 100 percent foolproof on the first version - you know like ever piece of fucking code out there and your crypto gets sent away not do to theft but from bad code... how you supposed to get it back? Its a problem you cuck. I understand the attractiveness of dencentralization but there is a problem with it as well asshole.

we already have that, its called forking, ethereum already did it and it spawned ethereum classic. you're not going to get users to agree to built in transaction censorship.

awesome thanks. when I finally do get into crypto, Ima do it right. better late than never

I also believe these bitcoin chips are the future of currency, a ways off but still....cred chits ftw

fuck the US dollar. that may sound unamerican, it couldnt be further from it...to stay on top, we need to diversify our currency into a $ coin...perhaps ETH or something similar

>cuck
seems like that's exactly what you are, expecting people to look out for you. grow up and look after yourself. if you fuck up, it's on you, its not the rest of the networks problem to babysit you to stop you from making mistakes. they'll be childproof clients for you when/if this gets pushed further into the mainstream.

Pajeet wins.

Normie fatality

youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

>ugly as fuck
Exactly my point. A waiting list for a wallet designed to look like a thumb drive with a shit screen... nano s - good wallet but no better than trezor or keepkey - go fuck yourself user.

agree in principle - great point as long as you never want money from investors that don't want to carry that kind of risk.
>still hope you die in a fire

no, i dont care about end users using the chain directly, because it's not physically possible for them to anyway, thats what layer two networks are for, and they solve all of the things you're complaining about, whilst also giving you huge transaction capacity, enough for everyone in the world many times over.

>Pajeet wins.
>Normie fatality
The story of shitcoins. Are we accidently turning India into a financial superpower?

2020. Soon.