/Architecture/

Since the old thread > has reached its image limit, I hope you can allow me the liberty of starting a new one.

Post comfy and grandiose buildings, the older and more storied the better!

I'll start this off with a gem from" the city of bridges" Pittsburgh, "The Cathedral of Learning." As you can guess it's a university building. It's built in the rare neogothic style, and was completed in 1926.

Other urls found in this thread:

rebuildpennstation.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the reason the old thread reached its image limit is because you packed it with hundreds of pics nobody took time out of their day to click on

Looking into a wing of its first floor commons.

I looked at each pic, and only posted 2 shots to the thread

Architecture you say. Well I can post you something. Here is my hometown Pyongyang. This is where I live! In fact this picture is of one of my apartment flats. :)

Could you please post more images of your hometown?

How many people there use the Internet?

Sure here is a view from my Aunt's house.

Neogothic is good.

Pic is of the Medinah Athletic Club and the Tribune Tower in Chicago.

the tribune building is up there, it's even nice at ground level, its entrance is like a great portal.

Painting of The Taj Mahal

>templeforants

This looks like the 3d reconstruction of Nero's palace

Not that that's a bad thing.

He's larping

demolished and replaced by this

also demolished

inside

rebuildpennstation.org/

i posted like a dozen images there too

Built in the late 1800s to be the finest apartment complex in Oslo and in Norway, used as headquarters for the Nazis during the occupation from 1940 to 1945, today the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I'm not "larping", this is my hometown. Here is a group photo of my friends at a new street in Pyongyang. We are very happy! ;)

Why does nobody love regency architecture?

But why? Such a fuckin wasteful building.

If you view the primary purpose of a building as aesthetic, there's nothing wasteful about it.

i like it for terrace homes, but this color is horrible

frankfurt

swiss parliment, i believe

there needs to be a balance between functionality/human movement/interaction and aesthetics.

>more storied the better!
this mosque is Kosovo was built out of the remains of a Christian monastery that the Ottomans demolished

Gallery in milan
basically a well made shopping mall

what's your opinion on recessed balconies?

A gothic mosque

Islamic shit, get it out of my sight. I hate Islam and Muslims. Fuck you and your tequila shit. Terrorist building.

recently built somewhere in south america, i forgot where

they attempted to make some vernacular but the garages ruined it for me a bit, as it tends to happen with attempts at putting garages in classical buildings

u mayyad bro?

>Fuck you and your tequila shit

Yes fuck you and fuck Islam and Muslims and their pedophile Muhammad scum (piss be upon him).

Proposed design for the amsterdam exchange, not completed

>shutterstock-Grand-Mosque(...).jpg

looks like the city's central railway station

It's the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, forgot to rename the file

If I was a city planner or architect, I would fill the city with nothing but neogothic, art deco, and bauhaus/international style .

Then I will have gotham city

Fuck all muslims. I fucking hate muslims and islam so much

i hope batman would have killed you before

proposed palacein st. petesburg

very nice

? did ahmed fuck your mother?
Calm down

Not him obviously, but even though I'm an atheist, the fact that a great deal of Serbian churches and monasteries from the 13th, 14th century are being destroyed or transformed into mosques and it's all being sanctioned by NATO for some strange reason really annoys me.

rude

That's a beautiful Catholic monastery.

looks a tad run down

this is some 3d shit

>Fuck you and your tequila shit.
a strange comment

even if you do hate Islam this much, there is no reason other than retardation to hate every single aspect of something because of it's association

He mixed up tequila and torquoise.

someone somwhere needs to cut him off

yuck