What if he his gay lover didn't die?

What if he his gay lover didn't die?
Would Rome still rolfstomp the world? or would we be writing in silly Greek alphabet?

That was a movie

Was he really a gay or is this a Veeky Forums meme?

Dude, ancient Greeks and Romans didn't have the same concept of sexual identity we do. But they loved sex with other dudes. This is pretty basic history. Alexander in particular preferred the company of men.

So he was a gay

Yes

There is literally no proof of this.

The proof is endless. They wrote about it all the time. Hadrian deified his gay boy lover for Christ's sake.

>anachronisms
topwew

>greek men used to fuck men
>most famous greek of all time totally wasn't gay though

Sure.

>alexander
>greek
holy shit they just keep coming

>macedonians weren't hellenic

you've done it now

jesus fucking christ
hellenism exists BECAUSE of alexander and his conquests
and he only embraced greek traditions because philip was thought to first
the kid was in his fucking twenties when he died, he spent more time imbibing asian culture, what the fuck are you on about?

Was Hephaestion his butt boy or were they simply bros?

I didn't say Hellenism idiot. Are you unaware that Hellenic people existed before the 'Hellenistic period'?

It's just a term for the period that Greek culture (HELLENIC culture) spread throughout the world after his Death.

>belongs to a culture
>probably practises cultural acts
It isn't a leap of faith idiot, in fact not much is said about his sexuality concerning men.

You are the only one having trouble comprehending that an ancient culture has different interpretations of sexuality and can't fathom that he may have liked dick in ass. It's not like he was prancing around in gay clubs like modern fags.

his father, philip, was known for bringing greek culture into macedon, implying that formerly it wasn't largely there
he also imbued greek values into his young son, and very soon after dying his young son would go off to asia and be known for induging in that culture
to say that he was engaged in homosexuality because of greek influences would basically imply that either his father or aristotle was fucking him as a 13 year old
think about your words

but Alexander 1 was already close with the greeks

close is not the same as taking on traditions that were more common in sparta and certain warrior tribes

macedonians were known for being somewhat off-putting to greeks because they drank their wine without mixing in water, making it really strong
these macedonians were not the "thinkers" that we think of when we think of most greek, they were rough dudes who liked drinking a lot and fighting and killing someone with your fucking fists if he insults you

that doesn't exclude them entirely culturally. they spoke the same language and just because there were less 'refined' doesn't mean they weren't culturally similar. it isn't as if we are comparing china and and finland here.

they didn't speak the same language

also there's really still no reason to think he's fucking haephestion or any of his close friends as mentioned before

While you're not entirely wrong about that, it wasnt viewed like how you're implying. The Romans viewed it sort of like an activity or a thing that people do but they still looked down on the people that did it. Especially if the older man was on the bottom. They viewed it like a power thing and as Rome went on they accepted it less and less

Usually I hate those faggot revisionists who turn everyone and their mother gay but Alex was legitimately a cocksucker

wasn't there scrolls outdating Alexander found in pella during the 80s that were written in ancient greek?

i think you are more referring to pederasty than just plain gayness, if they macedonians had the same relationship concept as the greeks (position not gender)

there isn't much reason to think he wasn't either

all I know is that macedonian was distinct enough of its own language to be NOT understood by most proper greeks

well my original point has been that "gayness" ascribed to alexander is an anachronnism, and subsequently I'm saying there's not any proof at all that he's fucking any dudes, and since he died young and there are a few decent sources on basically his whole life I think it's safe to assume it didn't happen

Evidence seems to suggest that the court language was Attic Greek while the people spoke a variant of Doric. Intelligibility between the two dialects would probably be minimal, given the total lack of intelligibility between the modern Attic-derived Greek and the Tsakonian language that descends from Doric.

They didn't speak the same language. They came from the mountains and were in all honesty more closely related to Thracian/Dacian tribes living among the Danube. The Greeks certainly did not see them as belonging to the same people at all. Much of the civil insurrection that occurred throughout Greece following its subjugation at the hands of Philip and his son was rallied around the fact they were being occupied by foreign barbarians.

There is proof. His relationship with Bagoas is documented in Plutarch's Lives and there are other primary sources indicating or at the very least hinting he had the hots for Hephaestion and men/boys in general.

more anachronisms
having respect for a fellow dude and his manliness is not "having the hots for"

>having respect for a fellow dude and his manliness is not "having the hots for"

That's right. There's nothing gay in a brojob.

>haha no homo bro
You can call it whatever you want. Alexander was definitely balls deep in boipucci and the primary sources talk about this. They directly relay his sexual preferences. This was common throughout the ancient Hellenic world.

Hell the development of the Macedonian army began after Phillip took notes of the Sacred Band during his time at Thebes. The Macedonian military machine itself was directly inspired by the legendary gay butt pirate warriors of Thebes that sodomized each other on the regular.

No real such thing as gay back then. It was either you were the penetrator (not looked down on), or the one being penetrated (looked down on).

>make thread about a scenario that has alexander and gayphaestion
>turns into a pleasant discussion about being gay

Adding, this type of relationship between two adult males was looked down upon. Adult male and ephebe male was the only entirely acceptable way.

If anything that means Alexander and his lover would have played down their relationship. There is a reason that the rumour persists 2300 years after he fucking died

Well we are just assuming. Look at the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus in the Iliad. I personally don’t think they were lovers, but simply brothers in arms.

>the fact that a rumor exists is proof that it's true

didnt say that genius. if your cripples brain could infer anything you'd know that i mean that there isn't enough evidence for or against the rumour and that it why it has persisted throughout hisotry and will continue to persisit

Could you please learn English before you come back to this website? That was painful.

do you have a counter point?

just another meme arrow bitch with nothing to say

>There is a reason that the rumour persists 2300 years after he fucking died
Because it's a highly contentious one?

Are traps gay?
He was into Bagoas

So what you are saying is that it was some kind of submission thing? Indeed mammals like dogs do that.

>Would Rome still rolfstomp the world?
The Mediterranean and most of Western Europe*

He wouldn't be considered gay, at least not by our modern standards. Chances are he just fucked whatever he wanted.

god damn I fucked my last post up. I meant to say he might be considered gay by our standards but not by the ones they had back then.

He would be considered bisexual seeing as he took several wives and also slept with them. This is assuming he actually did sleep with men, which he didn't.

ITT: booty blasted Greeks mad that their hero sat on cock

Alexander the Great had no male sex lovers. Hephaistion was a his bromance.

Generally Macedonians werent fond of paiderastia because they had lots of different pussy to begin with.

Now with the rest of the Greeks its more difficult. I have a lot of trouble getting paiderasty in order. Generally it was about educating the young men and mentorship. But there were without a doubt homosexual relationships.

they took notes from the sacred band that they also completely fucking annhiliated
is it not possible they adopted some things and didn't adopt others

What do you mean he was a cocksucker? He was the non-penetrative partner, or just that he was gay?

>Hadrianus deified his boytoy so Alexander must have been a butt pirate.

>33 is the old twenties.
People really did die much younger back then.

Butt bros?

It means he fancied birds.

The post in question that was being responded to denied any sort of normalized non-hetero sexual activity in Greek or Roman antiquity. The fact that a Roman emperor had his favorite revered as divinity simply because he had the best ass this side of the Hellespont says a lot about how common this stuff was. Hadrian was also a total Greek-boo.

The post in question was clearly about Alexander. Refering to a twink-loving spaniard who lived 400 years later isn't relevant to his sexual preferences. I don't back up my own claim of straightness by appealing to Axel von Fersen.

t. roastie

See the following
^^ This is the post that was being responded to. Is there anything else you need your hand held through? Perhaps I could walk you to the bus stop tomorrow and together we can wait for the short bus to take you to Charles II's school for gifted youngsters.

Stop embarrassing yourself you dingus. Reread the post in question and try to look for where you made the mistake.
Protip: Compare the post you refered to with the two others and spot the relevant segment!
It's called reading comprehension.

He defs would have name Haphaestion his successor if he weren't dead lol

I SAW DER MOVIE TOO! he he :) Im hhistory fan too xD

...... i want to wrangle OP to the ground. and get his secret desire to finally hhappen. Some other gayboy will fuck you in the ass and you could laugh about how it was "funny" and the whole time you did not want it.

NO PROOF HE WAS GAY YOU BRAIN WASHED GARBAGE MASS your not even an individual.