King Alfred

What the hell? Was he a saint to the greek-orthodox church???

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ikon_of_King_St._Alfred_the_Great.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that icon doesn't look every authentic

Who would make it? Can you tell if it's shooped? I can't tell.

no, it just looks like a drawing with colored pencils

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ikon_of_King_St._Alfred_the_Great.jpg

according to this it was made in 2013 by some guy named PadreDelElToro

Just orthodox larping and historical revisionism where the Anglo saxons are seen as pure 100%orthodox before the evil papist Normans invaded.

so like an excercise in hagiography?

another interesting point of view

There is not a lot of historical truth to it though. Same as the revisionist view of the irish church. Orthodox need some sort of foundation myth to proselytize in britain so they came up with these alternate histories.

It is a very recent thing, originated somewhere in the 70s or 80s

no, I meant that the revisionism is another interesting point of view.
I was thinking it could have been a byzantine artifact, to show some form of allegiance or obedience to the West, given the rivalries of the era.

That looks nothing like an icon
Stop being retarded we don't give a shit about you

>That looks nothing like an icon

I agree, it looks more like an armored vehicle

He Is a Saint to Anglo-Saxons and rightfully so.

t. salty orthocuck.

Do non-Anglican protestants venerate him as a saint?

Obssession isn't good for you, heretic

Non-Anglican protestants don't venerate any saints.

>implying christianity is real

Just Lmao at you boyo

Orthodox history is one defeat after another btw, fucking pathetic religion

Is this enough, you fucking whore?

Go suck off some priest and pray for constantinople. You are derailing the thread with your butthurt

How am I derailing the thread? Are you retarded? King Alfred isn't venerated in the Orthodox church, what you said here and is made up nonsense and you're just spamming fedora autism like it's gonna help you with your evident butthurt. Now piss off bacm to reddit, even this board is too much for you.

Anglicans still use icons, not just orthodox.

the inscription is in greek and that's greek style painting

I don't get it. Catholics use Icons, Orthodox as well. Anglicans don't really relate.

Lmao just search online orthodox england before Normans or some shit like that and you will see a lot of orthocuck spergs wewuzzing.

>muh fedora
>le reddit

Imagine being this much of a butthurt retard who thinks he owns the board and decides who can post and who not.

Omfg it's not real look at the eyes, nose and hands icons have very specific rules and that doesn't even come close

>Lmao just search online orthodox england
No, I won't. Because I'm not a sad faggot like you, as I don't feel the aura to lurk fanfic, and get angry about it.

Wallow in your obscurantism then

Nigga why you typing like you have a junior's english essay, you'd loose marks for that shit

>hehe why do you write like that
>looks like I win again

You are pathetic. Go larp some more about Byzantium

No, neither the Orthodox Church nor the Catholic Church recognise him as a Saint. It's just nationalist LARPing.

Ok