Europe today is a powder keg and the leaders are like men smoking in an arsenal … A single spark will set off an...

>Europe today is a powder keg and the leaders are like men smoking in an arsenal … A single spark will set off an explosion that will consume us all … I cannot tell you when that explosion will occur, but I can tell you where … Some damned foolish thing in the Balkans will set it off.

Otto von Bismarck, 1878

>create a country that will destroy Europe if operated poorly
>get cucked out of your job running it in favor of a guy with literal brain damage and only one good arm

4d chess

And World War 1 promptly starts because of some dammed foolish thing in the balkans

>Makes educated guess considering certain geopolitical realities of the time
>hailed as some prophet for it

Does that mean every averagely informed individual who decades ago said "idk maybe we shouldn't dick around in the middle east without thinking it through" is also a massive prophet who should centuries from now be hailed as wiser than us common folk

Still, if you look at all the things is done and the plays that he made in europe it's still impressive.

Except there were many Balkans War,and only a particular one really blew up

That "foolish thing in the Balkans" ended up causing the WW1 because of Bismarcks who awarded Bosnia to Austria-Hungary. He didn't just predict it, he literally caused it.

This. Bismarck himself was largely responsible for the state of affairs that he complained of.

No it was serbians in typical fasion chimping out

oh fuck off

Lol this guy thinks he was so smart I'm smarter than him

He caused it, as he set up the whole diplomatic situation -- he was the only one who knew how to prevent the powder keg, and then idiot Wilhelm II wanted war and made him leave.

Not saying it wasn't a bad thing to set up the diplomatic world that way, but at the same time was it necessary to the formation of a unified German state. This was Bismarck's dream. It was a point of pride

I believe in you user!!

OHHHH SHIT DUDE UR RIGHT. YOU MUST BE SOME KINDA GENIOUOUS OR SOMETHING

that was literally 1 serbian

>This was Bismarck's dream
Bismarck actually opposed incorporating Alsace-Lorraine you know, but the liberal king listening to the Pan-Germanists fucked that up and made an enemy out of France

Actually, France set up the diplomatic situation by seducing Russia to the Entente.

Bismark didn't actually give a shit about a United Germany, he only cared because it would empower the King of Prussia even more. Everything he did, both good and shit, was to help the king.

Bismark was against a unified Germany all along.

Hourly reminder that nietzsche predicted both world wars before 1900

>lone gunman theory
>no mention of Young Bosnia or Black Hand
There was a cabal behind it, as there often is in matters of political murder.