10/20 Link Activity Update

Link went down 20% today and is the worst performing token in the top 100. Definitely not good times for Link holders. Now let's take a look at the bigger picture:
1. Link is now number 65 in marketcap but also 26 in volume. Lots of activity on the way down.
2.The top 50 wallets aren't really moving and own 78.57% of the tokens. One of them moved 780K tokens from one wallet to another and that's it. The top 250 still own 87.90% of the tokens (88.08% yesterday).
3. The Binance wallet is bleeding hard. It lost 50% of its Link tokens in the last 6 days, going from 21.4M to 10.7M. Etherdelta is just 9% down in the same period.
4. Wallets: 11262 now. That's an 8.59% incresase in just five days, 2% in the last 24 hours. But new holders are just buying a few thousand tokens each, definitely not enough to move the needle.
5. No news are expected from the team for the time being. They're hiring and also discussing how to improve communications. They might move to a bi-weekly update schedule but it's not decided yet.
6. Price manipulation and whales: Some doubted me yesterday when I stated I found a whale that moved over 4M tokens to Binance. Was that such a wild statement? Well, here's proof: etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0xfa9401b98d274c80e4426b8ab38cfa04099f2489. This single wallet sent 3.64M tokens to Binance 16 days ago and another million 11 days ago. Keep in mind that Binance has just 10.7M tokens now. Whoever this is, he might be in control of half the Link market there, assuming he's been selling and buying back at a lower price.
7. Bitcoin. With 2 forks approaching, money is going to leave altcoins like crazy. Once it returns, they'll moon again. Will Link, though? It really depends on announcements and if it gets to new exchanges.

That's all for today. My information:
ETH: 0x00bBa03Ed7B3cE9F1efDFc9945a95AF6ED42A577
BTC: 32VqiE9gYYaL3k8KTkaKfi41AdNENPRKLD

>This single wallet sent 3.64M tokens to Binance 16 days ago and another million 11 days ago. Keep in mind that Binance has just 10.7M tokens now. Whoever this is, he might be in control of half the Link market there, assuming he's been selling and buying back at a lower price.
fucking crazy man.

I hope everyone sells before 2018 so they miss out on clearly revolutionary tech. biz is amazing at identifying promising project, but terrible at being ADD day traders that can't hold. I'd love all of biz to get shaken out which is why I am still FUDding.

as promised from the last thread, I sent you 10 LINK for your good work

not FUCKING SELLING

You, Sir, are a terrible person.

the team let the whales (like the 4million one) destroy and bleed this coin out. They did a terrible job keeping this shit to solely Binance and Etherdelta and now we will see the consequences of that

It is going to take a year + for this to even recover

exchanges can't really help this right now. Gotta wait a few months for it to recover, if it ever does

Thanks!

A bigger exchange would be enough, if it brings enough volume to offset the whales.

Excellent analysis

No, I want biz out of this coin. I will keep fudding for at least another 20%. Only after biz has been purged can we recover

If /biz gets out of Link, who's left at this point? It never raised interest in Reddit or Bitcointalk. Youtubers are saying 'It looks good, maybe in the future...'. Ian Balina was laughing at it!

guys LINK is dead
put everything back into BTC and move on

Today's meme, I see.

>there are 11000 people on biz

>slap corporate logos on a white paper for an unfinished product
>virtually no pre-sale or crowdsale communication
>ICO was an absolute shit show; for those who don’t know they fucked up the code (the TWO developers that is) and the cap was set at the wrong number for the crowdsale leading to manipulation by whales
>Had to send all ETH back (BY HAND) because they weren’t even using SmartContracts in their ICO!!
>registered company in the Cayman Islands to avoid federal prosecution of this securities fraud scam
>Ethereum blockchain is already too slow to gain widespread adoption by SWIFT or any of its partners, it was all an experiment
>Experiment which caused “investors”, you little token holders $32mil
>the Oracles on their website don’t even use ChainLink token
>will remain on chink exchange where the price will remain manipulated until we slowly bleed out as more and more realize this was merely good marketing and a pipe dream; but going nowhere as more and more big players start to developer their own solution (like Microsoft’s cryptlets and J.P Morgan’s Quorum blockchain)
>SIBOS was all hype, delivered no new news or product or partnership (merely re-iterating we hope down the road blah blah blah)
>Rory confirms that anyone wanting to use the chainlink token will have to buy it from an exchange
>Steve not even at the conference
>Desperately rushing to finish the NETWORK itself while Serg tries to SELL the damn thing
>Linkiess think this will be adopted over night by 11,000 banks
>bureaucracy, especially in the financial world will make this virtually impossible to ever implement, let alone go live for a dozen banks
>virtually no large organization has the means or protocol to make a huge investment into LINK by buying it on some chink exchange that is riddled with bots
>already below ICO price
>banks are going to build super computers on every city any way

Those 11,000 people don't matter when the top 250 wallets hold 80% of the tokens.

sauce?

this is shooped right, proportions are all out of whack

>caring what a nigger thinks

>caring what a low IQ poltard thinks

Here's all the news we're getting today.

>near future

aka a month or so

you lost me at good marketing, chainlink was stealth mode

For hiring? That'd be lucky

Thanks for the great info Crypto.

For someone who just wants off this ride without regard for the future, do you think LINK will go back to 30-40 cents eventually? Or, you thing it will drudge back into the 20s until further news?

I honestly have no idea. Keep in mind the Bitcoin forks and how they'll affect alts, though.

Oh great benevolent whale who lurks among us, btfo of these bots and take us up in your flippers to salvation

it will continue to dip until news comes out.

If they don't release news all of next week, expect it to go back to ICO prices, possible a little lower (8-10 cents)

Please dip to 4k one last time.

It might. I was just watching the sell walls and you can see the bots acts in real time. 100K walls coming up and down every few seconds.

Binance just dipped below 10 million Link.

LINK only has volume on one exchange. Whales buying from weak hands and people who are planning to buy back in. Does anyone have any insight for the long term on affects of the concentrated possessions of tokens?

Same thing as now: A few whales could crash the price in an instant. The situation only gets solved when the tokens are distributed more widely or more tokens enter the market.

Keep in mind Binance has less than 10M tokens trading now, out of 350M in circulation.

Keep it up with God's work user.

Remember: Iron hands and adamantium brains

Wow we are going to be fucking rich. Keeping mine on the exchange ready to dump once we hit $1 next week.

Is this veeeeeery subtle irony?

Thanks, fellow user! This is going to be a bumpy ride at least until the Bitcoin forks are over.

What? With only 10 million on the exchange it will not take much to flash pump this to $1 after the Bitcoin fork. I want to be ready to take advantage

I disagree. As long as that single whale keeps his tokens in Binance, it's almost impossible to moon. He can use 1 or 2 million tokens to create a sell wall that keeps any pump at bay.

The more tokens Binance loses, the more power the whale gains, assuming he hasn't sold himself.

At some point the whales going to try to drive the price up to get rich...right? I feel like that should be obvious but I'm feeling really stupid right now having lost nearly half my investment.

This doesn't make much sense. How would more tokens on the exchange help the price?

Yeah, could be years down the line. That's why I didn't buy much, swing traded to increase my stack, and am going to now forget about link.

They won't have to drive it up. They'll just stop trying to suppress it.

Hard to know. Maybe those whales are rich already and this is 1% of their portfolio, a loss they can easily write off. Or maybe the pump will happen, but in Q3 2018.

In my opinion the fundamentals are good, so I don't think this is the end.

Sorry about your bags, user. Are you holding until the fork's over?

If he has 1m tokens in a 10m token environment, he has 10% of the total market. If he has 1m tokens in a 2m token environment, he has 50% of the total market. Higher % market share gives him more control over price action, since there is less organic activity (and less other whales) to compete with him doing what he wants.

More tokens would mean more liquidity, also more stakeholders, which makes price manipulation more difficult to pull off.

But all other whales could do is lower the price. At least this way of he gets overconfident and lowers it too much he could get bought out easily.

Exactly.

That would require a lot of money coming into Link. With no news, no extra exchanges and the Bitcoin fork just ahead, that's just not going to happen.

Yeah but I think a moneyhat would have to be a bit slow to buy that heavily into a coin that just passed its major announcement period, and is only dropping.

I'm fairly certain that no announcement would actually do anything to it's price. Even if they announced total integration tomorrow it wouldn't moon.

Will be interesting to see what happens post fork. With no news I can see this bleeding out further till then. Hopefully a few whales take notice and invest heavy in this.

But why would they? There is only 1 exchange and all LINK is going to the Chinese whale atm. Seems like suicide to invest a lot now.

The new exchange would be a breath of fresh air.

literally this

thank you crypto you are a great person

Someone just set a buy wall of 350K. If it's real, the bleeding should stop for a bit.

Thanks! Remember me when you're rich.

The only gains made this week were to Sergeys waistline.

It's there so he can sell before it goes even lower.

He brought it down, then back partly. It's all fake walls and bots.

What a ride...