Imagine living in a medieval European city

Doing your medieval things, eating comfy medieval food, watching merchants selling their wares, children playing games, guildsmen discussing their affairs, when suddenly beyond the walls, on the horizon a sudden song is heard carried by the wind

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNFSB4PnVPI

they must have thought hell has opened

Other urls found in this thread:

medievalists.net/2014/12/medieval-food-taste/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sure, but why is this a thread?

Imagine being a king and the best food the continent had to offer was shitty bread and onions.

plus honey, venison, wine, mead, salmon, poppies, almonds, hazelnuts, game and so on

still pretty limited, could probably name all the base food's in one post.

Medieval cuisine was rather ornate and well-spiced for anybody middle class and above.

medievalists.net/2014/12/medieval-food-taste/

You mean dolphins and peacocks.

Peacocks are sorta a pest over here, you'd go out and shoot them along with rabbits. They're nothing to ride home about, certainly wouldn't serve it to nobles over something like pheasant or duck.

>over here
You live in a shithole.

New Zealand

Wikipedia claims they were kept in europe since ancient times, and their meat was eaten (though heavily spiced). Wether or not it was basically a pest elsewhere (or would become centuries later) probably didn't figure into their reasons to do so.

All I'm saying is that it taste like shit, too gamey and has fuck all fat or flavor. Like eating pheasant breast that's been soaking in dishwater for half a day.

Thanks for confirming.

>too gamey
>urbanite cuckolds actually use this as a negative

Peacock was probably eaten more for its appearance than its food value. The same reason why Gooks eat sharkfin soup. It tastes of nothing, but "muh prestige."

beautiful song.

They were believed to come from tartaros for a reason.

But it fuckin is though, nowhere near as bad as a fuckin billy or anything but its pretty bad as far as birds go. Will say it's very light, just has not much taste or flavour with a shit of shittiness to it.

Billy?

goat

what

Capra aegagrus hircus

Don' forget verjuice, saffron, fine cheeses, cured ham, quail, horse, sweet buns, herring, whitefish, roe

Can confirm that shark is nothing special. I had it in a dumpling when I was a little boy, and it has very little flavor, only slightly resembling chicken.

>beef, bread and onions aren't delicious
neck yourself

i had that book

>for anybody middle class and above.
You mean the 1%?

nobles in Poland counted around 20%, and even peasants eat quite well

Can anyone translate this for me?

that actualy sounds comfy and mellow