LINK PRICE MANIPULATION EXPLAINED

1) the price started downtrending in a straight line a few days before SIBOS

2) 16 October: SIBOS demo.
A few hours before the demo we had the amazing news about Sony, AXA, BNP Paribas, ... being directly involved in the demo.
This incredible news came completely out of the blue.
It caused a spike to a new ATH, and then the price dropped LOWER than where it was before the news. Completely unnatural on its own.
But then...

3) after that, the downtrend continued along the EXACT SAME TRENDLINE it was on before SIBOS. As if the good news and the price spike never happened.

4) this trendline continued until like a day ago.

***OBSERVATIONS***

=> Good news typically has at least a relatively lasting positive effect on prices

=> Prices don't normally go through a major event (SIBOS + news about Sony, Axa, ...) and then return to the same trendline as though nothing happened.

=> Prices don't normally reach a new ATH and then casually downtrend on a linear slope like that.

There are a million things you notice that just scream manipulation.

Manipulation is extremely easy when almost all volume is limited to a single exchange: a single sell wall on a single exchange is enough to stall the price.
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

And Binance is notorious for this type of thing too, their own coin (BNB) was manipulated into oblivion as well, to the point where the CEO had to come out and invoke plausible deniability: livebitcoinnews.com/binance-ceo-confirms-company-not-involved-manipulating-bnb-coin-price/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AI2Wl5nQhSw
etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0xf92d3563ef9007e45cf1298ea36f82d6fdbe0573
etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0xfa9401b98d274c80e4426b8ab38cfa04099f2489
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read .

it's recovering

rumor : 11k banks
new : maybe 5 and swift isn't really interested in blockchain

coin dumps
how hard is it to understand

3/4 of the slack sold, half of Veeky Forums sold, reddit sold, it's not fucking bot you idiot
just sell and laugh at linkies and red candles

youtube.com/watch?v=AI2Wl5nQhSw

There's no question it's manipulated. Just think about it a little bit. It's still a bad thing though that's not a good thing

>rumor : 11k banks
>new : maybe 5

Nobody thought the demo was going to involve 11k banks.

In fact, nobody had any idea even 1 bank was going to be involved in the demo.

Stop lying.

It's a very good thing.
Knowledge is always good.

1) it means you can completely ignore the price if you're into hodling

2) it means recovery will be dramatic as soon as more major exchanges are added

So if everybody sold it must be a good entry point nigger

>11k banks
>demo

many people thought 11k banks would use the tech, that's how Veeky Forums shilled it and the fucking presale buyers did too
also Sergei didn't update anyone even once for 28 days, and when he came back it was just for some empty shit saying nothing
We got bored of this shit and dumped.

That's my point.

The rumor was never "11k banks will be involved in the demo!".

>many people thought 11k banks would use the tech
What? At SIBOS?

Don't be retarded.

I had a bit too much fun fudding this coin today, I might have gone too far and I apologize.

>slap corporate logos on a white paper for an unfinished product
>virtually no pre-sale or crowdsale communication
>ICO was an absolute shit show; for those who don’t know they fucked up the code (the TWO developers that is) and the cap was set at the wrong number for the crowdsale leading to manipulation by whales
>Had to send all ETH back (BY HAND!) because they weren’t even using SmartContracts in their ICO!!
>registered company in the Cayman Islands to avoid federal prosecution of this securities fraud scam
>Ethereum blockchain is already too slow to gain widespread adoption by SWIFT or any of its partners, it was all an experiment
>Experiment which caused “investors”, you little token holders $32mil
>the Oracles on their website don’t even use ChainLink token
>will remain on chink exchange where the price will remain manipulated until we slowly bleed out as more and more realize this was merely good marketing and a pipe dream; but going nowhere as more and more big players start to developer their own solution (like Microsoft’s cryptlets and J.P Morgan’s Quorum blockchain)
>SIBOS was all hype, delivered no new news or product or partnership (merely re-iterating we hope down the road blah blah blah)
>Rory confirms that anyone wanting to use the chainlink token will have to buy it from an exchange
>Steve not even at the conference
>Desperately rushing to finish the NETWORK itself while Serg tries to SELL the damn thing
>Linkiess think this will be adopted over night by 11,000 banks
>bureaucracy, especially in the financial world will make this virtually impossible to ever implement, let alone go live for a dozen banks
>virtually no large organization has the means or protocol to make a huge investment into LINK by buying it on some chink exchange that is riddled with bots
>already below ICO price
>banks are going to build super computers on every city any way

>on every city
??????? never heard of this meme before, but I heard of
>on each city

Do you actually own any?

>20k LINKER

have to buy the dip before $0.30 or I WILL kill myself

no those reasons don't mean anything, it's the binance bots that made the market crash with a volume of 75 fucking millions link in the last 4 days
you couldn''t smell the hopes being crushed with sergei's pathetic excuse of an announcement and the fear the followed

(also thanks for this copypasta, the guy who wrote it knows the project way more than the deluded linkies)

For comparison ANS/NEO when from 15 to 4 and then to 10 then back to 8 before shooting to 50.

ETH went to 391 before dropping back to 150 and then shooting back up to 380.

Don't buy high sell low.

yep

I wrote it lmao

Most of your points are legit, still they could've maintained the momentum and price if they actually knew how to lead a project of this scale and not just saying the same shit over and over again without any substance.

Are you selling your stack bagels?

>slap corporate logos on a white paper for an unfinished product
Chainlink network v1.0 was finished when the WP was published.

>virtually no pre-sale or crowdsale communication
So?

>ICO was an absolute shit show
No. The price of ETH rose a lot and they chose to do the honorable thing and keep the $ cap. (Bancor did the opposite and paid the price)

>Had to send all ETH back (BY HAND!)
Lmao, no. Vast majority of ETH refunds and token distribution was done instantaneously. i.e. by means of a smart contract.

>Cayman Islands
So?

>Ethereum blockchain too slow for SWIFT
Wrong. And Chainlink works with Hyperledger for SWIFT.

>Experiment which caused “investors”, you little token holders $32mil
??

>the Oracles on their website don’t even use ChainLink token
Chainlink network v1.0 is only just finished.
And the decentralized network was always the core of the company.

>will remain on chink exchange
Hopefully not.

>SIBOS was all hype, delivered no new news or product or partnership
It was never meant to.
LINK was the only external crypto doing a demo, at the request of SWIFT itself.
The big thing about SIBOS was the marketing effect. Which is a delayed effect.

>Rory confirms that anyone wanting to use the chainlink token will have to buy it from an exchange
Or just pay the node operator who buys it for them.

>Desperately rushing to finish the NETWORK itself while Serg tries to SELL the damn thing
??

>Linkiess think this will be adopted over night by 11,000 banks
Nobody thought this.

>bureaucracy, especially in the financial world will make this virtually impossible to ever implement
Except LINK is a plug&play add-on. That's one of its key benefits.

>virtually no large organization has the means or protocol to make a huge investment into LINK
The LINK token is practically infinitely divisible (18 decimals).
LINK could be a million $ a pop, and you could still easily work in cents.

>banks are going to build super computers on every city
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well yeah man, that' the point of the FUD. It's totally on them at this point

Did it ever crossed your mind that Sergey himself is involved in this maniuplation? Seriously.

Explain

You people are insane. There is no "investor" manipulation or whatever. It's arbitrage and day-trading bots at best.
These are mostly real people selling because the team can't communicate for shit and everyone grew tired of zero communication for 2 months straight.

Only now they've started considering hiring the marketing team. It's a bit late for that, once that whole thing starts to come into place this project will be forgotten.
Slack is going insane, everyone asking questions and the team refuses to answer any of them.
They had everything going for them and they choose to throw it all away for no reason.

he's certainly sleeping now, and he'll sell at 6pm western time
his wallet didn't move already

etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0xf92d3563ef9007e45cf1298ea36f82d6fdbe0573

>There is no "investor" manipulation or whatever. It's arbitrage and day-trading bots at best.
See The price evolution has been completely unnatural.
And Binance is notorious for it.

Read point 6 here .
It's this freaking whale:
etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca?a=0xfa9401b98d274c80e4426b8ab38cfa04099f2489

Key points:

>It was priced in
>Limited awareness
>Only on one exchange
>Extremely manipulated, e.g. there is a bot that continuously sells LINK at a 1000, often seconds at a time.

LINK is a sure gainer in the future, don't miss out because of biz FUD

I'm thinking about throwing 4.5 ETH at it later to add to my holdings. Worth it or how low do you think it's gonna dip?

the 1000 orders are arbitrage, everytime he sells on link/btc he buys on link/eth the same amount
there's another bot doing swing trading with 2k to 8k but he doesn't care about current price, he just do volatility

That's not enough tokens to manipulate the price

What are you talking about, manipulation is largely psychology.
That amount is more than enough many times over.

>It was priced in
Wait, what was?

Interesting.

Well 4.5 million, that's almost twice the amount of the entire buy wall.
And like 25% of daily volume on BTC pair.
I reckon you could do some damage with that amount.

It is. Binance has about 10 million tokens now. 4.6 millions is almost half of that. Also, if this guy has been selling the lows, he should have many more now.

SWIFT represents 11k banks, you lying nigger. You put this in every thread.

I just can't believe that the price is actually being manipulated THAT hard and it's not just realistic dumping of all the idiots that bought in when they heard about LINK from a co-worker

It does sound scary when a single guy owns(owned) 45% of all LINK on Binance.
He could dump only 500k and drop multiple buy walls which kills overall confidence and makes other people dump the price further, add shitty team communication on top of that and it's a red candle massacre.

Now what we don't know is, was he >accumulating or slowly dumping everything.

The price manipulation is the steady downward trend and the stopping of any big upwards movements, today with btc surging and one news article made people panic sell

the bot will keep going on and steadily bleed out until 1 satoshi

>Some fucking chink reaches a point where he owns 90% of the Link on Binance
>Has 10 Million Link
>It moons to $50 in a year
>He made HALF A FUCKING BILLION being a total scumbag and there isn't a goddamned thing you can do about it

Based on the wallet in question he's hodling though right? OR is this all merely explanatory speculation

Has anyone reported the bot to admins on Binance? Have they said anything about it?

He sent 4.64M tokens to Binance. They're still there, to the best of our knowledge. He might have more now, or he might have sold them and be holding other tokens or fiat. No way to know.

My guess is that he has been selling off his bags this whole time.

Lmao sounds good to me, i'll be mooning with that chink

Did anybody else just get kicked out of the ChainLink slack?

no

You all are behaving like a pack of niggers in there. Disgraceful.

kek

lmao what did you post

Apparently so.

I wasn't even fudding, actually tried to post some encouragement (a couple of articles about smart contracts, etc.).

I guess it must have been a remark I made about chinks on Binance -- probably triggered somebody.

THIS PRICE IS GETTING MANIPULATED LIKE FUCKING CRAZY

WE LITERALLY COULD HAVE BEEN AT 1.50 USD IF NOT FOR THE FUCKING BOTS AND SHITTY BINANCE

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THE CEO LET THIS SHIT HAPPEN

IS THAT GUY A MASSIVE RETARD OR SOMETHING

WHY DOESNT HE ANNOUNCE STUFF TO PUSH THE PRICE UP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING RETARDS

Help guys, I had 13 btc during chainlink's high and now only 6. I know its only temporary but fuck I'm feeling physically sick.

I got away with posting this

Nice -- though now I feel even worse about getting dinged

Ah, they're cucked even when it comes to small insults.

They will be hiring a marketing team ;))

Similar situation brother, hopefully we'll start recovering soon.

Hahahaha I've seen that posted, that poor guy has to deal with our autism.
Not his fault though, Sergey is the one who told him to jerk off in slack and not give any info.

Do you guys think the devs keep the price low on purpose? Maybe they believe LINK is not ready yet and they deliberately push the price down because of it? I mean it was pretty much discovered by Veeky Forums on its own and there is almost zero marketing. How and why?

I have 100k, I don't regret buying at all, I just wish there was more exchanges. The bots are annoying and I do not trust the chinks one bit...

LINK only on one exchange. Whales buying from weak hands and people who are planning to buy back in. Does anyone have any insight for the long term on affects of the concentrated possessions of tokens?

Dude it's on three exchanges....

ED, Mercatox, Binance

But Binance 95% volume so those others are irrelevant

All it takes is one sell wall on that one exchange to stall the price by a little.
Now imagine this going on CONSTANTLY.

This is very much a mind game, and with a bottleneck like this one-exchange situation, manipulating the price is extremely easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Doing god's work btw user. Keep it up. I will too.

Thanks!

im literally never selling

>here lies user
>buried with his link

Etherdelta is fucked for LINK too anyway

can someone post some good memes from the LINK slack? I want to see what is happening there.