Tunguska Event

Dont't know loads about this, anyone got decent info to add?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/53639-did-meteorite-kill-indian-man.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe, who is asking?

confirmed for alien spacecraft

A meteor airbursted over Siberia.

Unfortunately, nobody lives in Siberia.

It should have landed on Berlin

Exactly my thoughts. It could have happened everywhere in the world, and it happened in fucking Siberia where absolutely no one lives... Imagine the global consequences if it has been over a capital city.

Well if hit Berlin the entire course of world History would have been changed

The earth's surface is 75% water, and 50% of what remains is arctic, desert, or mountains, where people don't really live.

I know that but still, even according to your stats there was 12.5% chances for it to hit a populated area, but no, it was in bumfuck taiga. Bad luck.

even if it hits a populated area the most likely scenario is a 500 people farming village wiped out
asteroid impacts either kill nobody or else everybody

He's underexaggerating. No human in recorded history has ever been killed by a meteor, because the odds are fantastically low.

Earth is 510,064,472,000,000 square meters. If every human takes up 1 meter (an exaggeration) then there is a 1 in 145732 chance of a meteor hitting ANY person.

But of course that doesn't tell the entire story. The meteor would have to land on dry land for there to be even a small chance of hitting someone. It would also have to be the right time of day to maximize hitting someone, and in the right part of the Earth, in the right season. In other words, it's way smaller than 1 in 145,732.

Basically, out of 100,000,000,000 people, in all likelihood not even 1 has been killed by a meteor. The odds are so astronomical that it would be amazing if it did happen. But statistically, it almost certainly did not.

>Bad luck
Yeah totally bro, would have been so much more rad if like a million people had died, fucking lame man.

>man in recorded history has ever been killed by a meteor

Literally the first death *might* just have occured
livescience.com/53639-did-meteorite-kill-indian-man.html

but its uncertain

should be
1 in 72,866

fuck I need to go to bed

>a million people had died
We're not exactly an endangered species, and we seriously lack of adversity. Believe me it would have been better.

Seems kind of edgy and callous for you to suggest a million deaths would be good for the sake of adversity

>everything is fine

Tesla did this.

Well I mean eventually we would've gotten close enough.

so a million would not be enough?

"Enough" I don't know, but insignificant, yes, clearly.

>The 15-megaton (Mt) estimate represents an energy about 1,000 times greater than that of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan—roughly equal to that of the United States' Castle Bravo (15.2 Mt) ground-based thermonuclear detonation on 1 March 1954, and about one-third that of the Soviet Union's Tsar Bomba explosion on October 30, 1961 (which, at 50 Mt, is the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated).[9]

>It is estimated that the Tunguska explosion knocked down some 80 million trees over an area of 2,150 km2 (830 sq mi), and that the shock wave from the blast would have measured 5.0 on the Richter magnitude scale.

god damn

>blueish-black
lol guy got killed by an airplane toilet ball.

asteroid airburst (or is an asteroid called something else when it is in atmosphere?)

No you're thinking of meteors where the name changes depending on location.

We have Hittite records of cities getting hit by comets

Weird meteor that consisted of some new kind of element that was harmful for most of the living beings. Germans and Japanese got their hands on that element during the Second World War and did some experiments with it that usually caused a laboratory full of dead scientists.
Last speculated whereabouts of the element are Pentagon and Area 51 in United States and Main Building of the Ministry of Defense and Plesetsk Cosmodrome in Russia.

>Germans and Japanese got their hands on that element during the Second World War and did some experiments with it that usually caused a laboratory full of dead scientists.
Source please?

> Meteors
> even slightly dangerous
Tunguska was an inside job

Egyptian propaganda

source please

Call of Duty

ALIENS da natzees got their super tech from them, but were too subhuman to make it properly.

There is a lot of strange shit in siberia that is more /x/ tier than Veeky Forums.