Why is sergey not doing something?

why is sergey not doing something?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/F7tEJgU
link.smartcontract.com/terms
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have no doubt Sergey is making connections and creating all kinds of partnerships. Chainlink will be in active use by Swift by the end of the year.

And not a goddamned thing will change with the price because their interaction with the community is HORRIBLE at best.

Because I'm pretty sure that he knows he will be fine. None of the top acct holders are moving their bags. A real project doesn't need artificial inflation when there will be real demand in the future

What is he supposed to do now?
Fuck LINK and its retarded bagholders.

he got his $30 million and has 700 million link for himself, why would he care

he's bizzy bangin ur mum m8

You faggots realize he's ALREADY a millionaire, right? He doesn't give a shit about your shitcoin anymore, lmao.

>implying he isn't accumulating

>poorfags who don't realize some people want to be billionaires, not millionaires

H-hey Sergey how's LINK coming along?
Oh, you c-can't tell me?

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAGAGAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHERES MY FUCKING NEETBUX AHHHHHHHHHH

Who the fuck makes these pics lmao, they're the only thing keeping me afloat in this sea of red.

me, a 21k LINK hodler.

Fucking this

I'm gonna buy even more LINK, perfect time to accumulate.

that's what i keep telling myself, but then i see my portfolio...

>last week: 16 BTC
>currently: 8.4 BTC

technically i'm still at a profit, but i feel like an absolute moron.

So, for those who don't believe link has any future at all, I'm curious.

Is there an explanation as to why Sergey wouldn't want to shill the fuck out of it, to artificially increase the price so he can sell out as much of his massive portion as possible? Why just let the price freefall?

The only conclusion I can come up with is that he knows it will pick up again and wants to garner a reputation for only announcing definites

His tokens are probably locked for a year.

He actually believes in the product. That is the only logic that really makes sense. He doesn't care what the price does because it won't matter when the partnerships come in.

However as someone pointed out in another there is now a chinese whale with millions of Link. It's going to be great when he uses a massive number of high weight nodes to fuck over the entire ecosystem with false information.

GG no Re Sergey.

Are you stypid?
Why would a whale waste millions of dollars to crash his own investment with no chance of recovery?
That's retarded and so are you

chainlink's end-users are primarily large institutions and companies. until they adopt, we won't be going anywhere.

Because he doesnt give a fuck, its 5% of his total portfolio

cause sergey is in this fucking awsome p&d group on discord raping teh market discord.gg/F7tEJgU

What do you want him to do?

He created ChainLink, promoted it, and presented it. Partnerships that ensued were a direct result of his efforts.

There's nothing else he can do. The demand just isn't there.

Confirmed retarded

Man, I knew about the fork, I still know about the fork, but any huge announcement will send this thing sky rocketing, and it's only a matter of time.

You realize that if it's adopted as you think it will then it will be one of the most important ecosystems on the planet right?

Why would China or a citizen thereof want the ability to undermine the execution of Smart Contracts? So what if he undermines the trust of his node.

The LINK isn't burned. Create a new node using the Link. Sergey managed to undermine the entire future of the project by letting a chinese whale get such a share of the token.

Because it's a chink whale that is preparing the ground to Fuck Chainlink when the chinks release their own chinklink. They will implode Link from within

that whale might very well be a competitor that doesn't want this project to succeed. but i guess this is tinfoil hat territory we're entering.

>The LINK isn't burned.

i think there's something in the whitepaper about them being able to burn and recreate tokens if the network is threatened to become dysfunctional.

There isn't. It's pretty much this They managed to have all the connections in the world and the perfect product. But they have zero foresight and fucked themselves.

They gave the chinks the power to destroy their network. Fucking morons.

yeah, i'm afraid you're right...i was referring to this: link.smartcontract.com/terms

>LINK are being created as ERC-20 or ERC-223 tokens on the Ethereum protocol. We reserve the right to migrate the ERC-20 based Tokens (the “Existing Tokens”) to another protocol, at our discretion, and to generate replacement LINK on the new protocol (the “Replacement Tokens”) in the future, should we determine, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary or useful to the operation of the Platform. Similarly, we reserve the right to regenerate and redistribute LINK if deemed necessary as a result of any corruption, hacking, or other degradation in the functioning or security of ERC-20 tokens.

I thought they were talking about a scenario like we're describing here, but it seems it's just about the functionality of ethereum tokens.

Cyka Blyat.

It's kind of strange realizing that they managed to undermine themselves by being autists and not accounting for people who were acting for reasons other than pure economic gain within their ecosystem.

And so Link dies before it was even born and they don't even realize it.

I really hope we're wrong, they must have fucking realized this long before the token distribution, otherwise they're completely retarded. I refuse to believe a team that is able to tackle such a complex problem did not think about something basic as this.

My theory is that they simply lack the manpower to roll out everything on a large scale at the same time. So they need to focus their time on the most critical things.

Although they have enough money now to hire a team.

they should just update the code and burn links from nodes that are confirmed to be malicious

assuring the integrity of the node network is pretty fucking critical i think.

They really should have held of distributing the coins until AFTER Sibos and they had more exchanges lined up. Now they have fucked the entire project over.

they created a FUCKING solid product, fundamentally groundbreaking, but there was one factor they weren't able to take in consideration... the human factor... the yakuza is slowly eating the network from within. i must salute them

that would be an easy solution, yes...as long as a someone with malicious intent isn't able to run more than 50% of the total nodes, i guess.

Kill yourself

That doesn't work unless they are assuming some sort of centralized control over it. Either they have the ability to just burn tokens which would scare the shit out of people or it is achieved via some sort of voting system. Which is also a fucking terrible idea as people would just vote competitors to be burned.

I don't see any easy solution to the problem.

Also it's not just 50% of the total nodes. It's 50% of the nodes for a given type of data which is far easier to do.

Doing gods work here. Underated talent. Where's user making the LINK plushdoll?

Not many people know about Sergey's OTHER failed project: Secure Asset Exchange

youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk

trade.secureae.com

> CULT of SERGEY

Your stupid Russian bankspam crypto keeps falling in price because it adds no value.

It does the same thing as Azure Cryptlets.

You know what half-rhymes with

> Muh Oracles!!!!???

Mental disorder

> DO NOT RESPOND TO CHAINLINK SPAM

> STOP SHILLING LINK

You are a cult. This is Veeky Forums

> Please get help

FUCK OFF LINKTARDS

Do your part and respond to every LINK thread with this copy pasta

He can't even get LINK on other exchanges apart from an obscure chink exchange filled with bots and fraud. How is he going to get any big player on board?

You guys are whipping yourselves into a frenzy over this alleged malicious whale with no actual logically constructed argument or any evidence that they're malicious. First of all, aside from price manipulation (which inherently has only short term effects), malicious wales can't do anything to hurt LINK. Even if Baobao McEvilchink himself bought up all 350m circulating coins, and set up a bunch of shitty nodes, the product would still run fine in theory. The gradual release of the other 350m which are allocated to incentivize the node operators + whatever amount Baobao sells would function as the circulating supply. As LINK becomes more useful as people want it to pay for constructing smart contracts that talk to external data feeds, LINK will go up in price in proportion with how widespread its usage is. Baobao can't do shit...bad nodes will be unused when there are good node alternatives, and if he sells his stack sure that will lower the price temporarily but then it would stabilize again. If he holds onto his stack, all that would happen would be the effective circulating supply would lower and the price would stay a little higher than it would in equilibrium.

t. Presaler who topped up his 80k stack to 100k this morning

>Bad node will be unused
Yes after it has already given bad information to a lot of people. What separates one node from another? Nothing other than Link staking.

A bad actor can repeatedly create new high link nodes because the repercussion for nothing providing accurate information is a lack of payment. That doesn't effect a bad actor.

Who gives a shit if he sells the underlying problem is because it's a decentralized network bad actors are effectively shitposters and spammers on this board if you didn't have the ability to hide or ban them and their posts were 400 times the size of all the other ones.

Nodes have to put up LINK as collateral, and they get 'rated' by performance. You're also underestimating the effects of incentive on good nodes, which will result in a numerical majority of good ones. Also even if the whale thinks he's malicious his loyalty will be fucking tested to the limits of the human mind if LINK does takeoff and his choice will be between making billions and billions or burning billions and billions

They recieved 30 million in funding but doesn't that go towards the token sales? How much of it does he and his partner actually get to keep?

Read the whitepaper. They aren't collateral. That implies something bad happens to them if you don't give out accurate information. Nothing bad happens to the Link. The node itself is just rated lower. You can simply create another node which has no poor ratings.

You are also making a large assumption that the goal is direct economic gain. Sure maybe he makes a billion now. Or he could set up a group of heavy Link nodes that contain the information an economic rival needs for an important contract. Feed them false information and trigger the contract early or trigger a clause in the contract that would otherwise have not been triggered. The economic gain would be far more than simply using it for it's purpose.

Any gain there is for using the system as designed will be dwarfed by the gain from subverting the design of the system.

This thread is useless, I'm out, also chainlink sucks, gl carrying you're heavy bags user.

What did they even need 30 million for? To hire some pajeets, to do some marketing, to pay bills for their two man office?

Apparently they already have paying customers and are going into some big partnerships. They couldnt secure funding from those 'big players'?

So many red flags for me about this.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP I DONT WANT TO SELL LOW BUT I DONT WANT TO BECOME A DIGIBRO EITHER

The whitepaper isn't comprehensive w/r/t the exact cryptoeconomics of LINK and LINK nodes. That actually leaves them plenty of room to construct a system that disincentivizes bad behavior. You're right that in general people will definitely try clever scams like you're discussing whenever they're possible. But yeah the whole point of decentralizing the oracles is to assume that kind of behavior but create a system of incentives that generally preclude it. A part of that design will be protecting against 'whales'. They haven't completed the system yet so it's obviously still up in the air if they can make it work, but there'sno reason to start flipping out just because a Chinese guy has 5 million LINK

When's the last time you used 5% of your shit nothing portfolio to crash a $20 daily volume coin?

If you had millions of dollars to burn, you would orchestrate an elaborate dump conspiracy or go on a week-long Vegas binge?

Actually, don't answer that...this is why you're poor and the whale is not.

>Or he could set up a group of heavy Link nodes that contain the information an economic rival needs for an important contract. Feed them false information and trigger the contract early or trigger a clause in the contract that would otherwise have not been triggered.

this is an impossible scenario, and you know it.

I hate dumb people like you. You obviously never smelled money in your life.

You ALWAYS consider yourself poor. You are never satisfied with the amount of money you already have.

I come from a wealthy family yet everyone here always strive for more. A couple million is just middle class. Especially with inflation. Hell 25% of my country has more than $1,000,000 US worth of capital and nobody even considers that wealthy.

The drive to grow and improve never fades. And happiness is only achieved through improvement but staying idle will make the happiness fade away so you have to keep improving to keep happy.

kek

This whole market is fucking retarded. Just a week ago everyone was shilling the fuck out of this coin, look where we are at now. The last few weeks the team was 100% focused on getting the presentation right, and they did great!

They promised to do some announcements after SIBOS, but they never said it would be the fucking day after SIBOS. Oh and now the whole fucking market is crashing because you crybabies can't wait a few days…

Well here's a reality check: What they presented at SIBOS was just a POC, a proof of concept. It was in no way ready to be used by large banks, and it will probably take a few years before it will be. The team is also very small right now, there's only two guys but they are actively hiring. A lot of the top coins right now started out with just one guy. They also have no one doing their social media presence right now, but I am sure they will figure something out in time. And finally, their product is solid, their partnerships are solid, this product will solve real world problems. Just don't fucking panic, they are working fucking hard on this shit.

Pic related, some reassuring words from rory yesterday.