What are some good historical games, Veeky Forums?

what are some good historical games, Veeky Forums?

TOTAL WAR SERIES

Certainly not these.

Bannerlord

Pre-Rome II Total Wars
Red Orchestra/Rising Storm series

Europa Barbarorum 1 and 2

nice contribution!

mein neger

Sengoku Rance

What's this?

This but unironically

Been playing a lot of Field of Glory II lately.

Battlegroup series
Chain of Command
A Fistful of TOWs
I enjoy Hail Caesar too but it's not everyone's mug of bovril

Europa Universalis IV

>Red Orchestra/Rising Storm series
This.

One day i will make my own strategy game so that one day people will ague about it in pointles threads like these

Look forward to it

Mountain Blade Napoleonic Wars

i would still play RO2/RS if it was more alive

CK2 is all you need, nigga.

You can still get on full servers during the evening in the EU, come join sonny.

Lol all wrong

interesting proposition by i get 354 ping on the EU server
i mainly play on the Merrils server or the jap one
did played some RS2 but the game ran badly on my pc

>Go to install Empire TW with Darthmod
>Uninstall
>Go to install Napoopan with LME
>uninstall
Fuck China

>Nydar reflex sights in 1944
>Reloading a scoped Springfield with a full stripper clip
>Saiga-12 style shotgun in WW2
It's like a parody

Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that the fucking kar98k can have a 7 round detachable magazine. And the reload animation with the scope mounted directly over the receiver bends the laws of physics.

Assassins Creed games usually have good databases included about historical events and characters. Location designs are absolute top-tier. I've lost count of how many hours i've spent roaming around the roofs of Venice and Florence in AC2, simply enjoying the view.

>try to emulate World at War by having soviet weaponry and grittiness
>try to emulate COD 3 by having it Western Front only and having the French resistance
>try to emulate Big Red One by making it American only
>fail at each one

Oh, that poster 'Join or die' is on the wall at the Red Rocket Truck stop in Fallout 4. I always thought it was a reference to the Tunnel Snakes. Veeky Forums offers me only disappointment every day.

HOW DO YOU WIN THIS GAME

Please tell me you're not American.

rather liked the american countryside in AC3 myself, the homestead was ultimate comfy
nigga what

mgs3 is a great take on the cold war

Victoria 2
Europa Universalis 4
Crusader Kings 2

Graviteam Tactics

Day of Infamy. A great PC game with a small yet fun community. It centers around British and American troops fighting German troops in the European theater. The weapon diversity is great. You can hold Crete against Nazi paratroopers, assault American positions as a German counter-offensive, and so on

I really wanted to play this game but the UI is so fucking bad it actually hinders your ability to learn and play it fuck i wish it had the UI of wargame

Call of Duty: World at War, especially when you play as the Red Army in Berlin and get to plant the Soviet flag on the Reichstag

AssCreed in Renaissance Italy was top-tier

Mediocre compared to RO2/RS. I bought it during one of the Steam holiday sales and returned it after an hour.

Please don't say that, I haven't touched it in 2 years but I heard through the rumor mill that RS was still alive and well.

World in Conflict

>when the team gives you all their points so you can launch three nukes at the enemy

Great multiplayer.

Red Orchestra (2)
Rising Storm (2)
Mount and Blade Warband with whichever mod you like.
Assassin's Creed for the locations.
Anything Total War.
CK2.

That fucking game is so unhistorical, that devs even placed King Tigers in Stalingrad

Patrician taste, my friend, patrician taste.

The ppsh's (an attempt on mp41 (r)) and Slavic speakers on the Beach was a nice touch at least.

The EB mod to Rome Total War was fucking brilliant. God knows how many hundreds of hours I spent playing it.

The "diversity" in this was pretty fucking lol-worthy too.

>>muh black female german soldiers
>>we was nazis an shiet mang
The worst part though is that this game is apparently selling well on steam. ;_; The general game-buying public continues to be an ass.

Europa Universalis series
Hearts of Iron series

Probably the last and only Swedicuck's worthy contribution nowadays.

I'm not sure if it really sells well, but this is more likely due to Inertia Consumption, not really means the game is good. Same shits also happen on Mass Defect, AssCreed and Star Waahs, it's not easy to make them die.

The devs once said this forced diversity shit only appears in MP, but obviously they shoveled it in story mode SP as well, they put a black solider in your squad during the middle of the game without any reasonable explanation.

A boring historical setting combined with the shitty hero units (dude Lubu/CaoCao/Guinean Qing can solo entire armies just like in my musou games!) that turned Total War into an arcade game? This will be the worst installment yet.

pls populate NA servers

Cause people really don't care?

>look mom, I replied to all posts

actually i think it's semi-justifiable
during Battle of the Bulge US rifle strength was so low that they had to integrate some division which were segregated into a diverse one,so seeing the black guy joining the squad doesn't feel as stupid as seeing womyn in the battlefield for me

>they put a black solider in your squad during the middle of the game without any reasonable explanation.
The rear echelon engineer guy who was called to repair a radio which historically was what most black soldiers in WWII was doing?

Reeeal out of context, m8.

>t. I want Total War to endlessly redo Medieval/Rome/Shogun like how Activision does WWII

this desu

>tfw hopping on only to find out there are only 250 players online on a fucking saturday night

well it was fun when it lasted
mortared and banzaied multiple americans,burned many japs and always verbally harass people not to vote peleliu

The Napoleonic Wars DLC for Mount and Blade Warband is the greatest multiplayer ever created

>20 people walk around playing fife and drum for half the game
War really is hell

Cry more.

Napoleonic Roleplay has some unironic ptsd moments, especially when you get stuck in an anti-cavalry blob. Shits terrifying

it may not be historical but as far all the stuff they dumb down the hero being able to affect the map and then jump into battle is good system about as close to having independent units from generals we will ever have now

Well I care, thus I didn't buy it.

Is that why the trailer receives over 1 millions views just 3 days? It's the most popular video and game announcement CA has ever made so far.

Honestly fuck CA after that half arsed shit they pulled on Fantasy, should have just put all the fucking factions in the single game instead of this penny pinching sequel shit

>The rear echelon engineer guy who was called to repair a radio
He's not just rear echelon engineer but an actual combatant. Player's character even asked why did they allow him in the front line to fight, and cucked developers didn't even bother to make a reasonable and clear answer for him.

>out of context
Yes, m8.

>people really don't care?
That must be why they shoveled this horseshit in it like a propaganda, because the devs don't care, nobody care....

They shoved it in because their market research told them it was a good idea, looks like they were right considering its sales figures

this could have been great if not for the lame weapon progression, boring map design and laughably forced diversity

>tranny flag
wow

>paying for Parashit games ever

I started playing again yesterday thanks to this thread. There's still some pretty packed servers.

>they shoved it in because their market research told them it was a good idea
Citation?

>looks like they were right considering its sales figures
Citation? Also that's maybe just consumption inertia. I checked the reviews again and most of them still mid to dog shit level. Nobody with sane mind will want forced diversity shovel into their ass.

Anyone got news on that civil war game being developed? i believe it came from the old civil war mod for mount and blade.

And then he stays with your squad you dumb cunts. There were no integrated units in World War II and to say there were is to make a political statement.

>OH BOY ANZAC TRO-
>abos

Holdfast Nations at War. Good luck getting into an autistic larping group to have actual line battles though

War of Rights? Still in closed alpha or smthing I think

Shame on you if you are American.

Reminds me of that retard who did Bioshock Infinite Let's Play and thought "Wounded Knee" is a Skyrim reference.

Admittedly it gets right how rapacious the period was