Why do Christians not follow their books

>And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.
>Leviticus 11:7-8

>But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying with his head covered, disgraces his head. But every woman praying or prophesying with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is the same as if she were shaven. For if a woman is not covered, let her be shaven. But if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. A man indeed ought not to cover his head, because he is the image and glory of God. But woman is the glory of man. For man was not created for woman, but woman for man. This is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority over her head, because of the angels.
>Corinthians, chapter 11.

>If a man commits adultery with another mans wife, with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
> Leviticus 20:10:
It says women must cover their head, eating pig is forbidden and sleeping with people you are not married to is forbidden but Christians do all these things.
Why?

Why do you care? What difference does it make to you?

Because God will forgive us in the afterlife.
He doesn't forgive unbelievers though, so have fun burning in hell eternally :^)

I want to know more about Christianity and why I never hear about Christians doing these things even though they're supposed to.

>Free pass lul
I don't think it works that way.

I think you should just google "What is the difference between the ceremonial law, the moral law, and the judicial law in the Old Testament?"

Because some traditions are not followed, Christians are only human so naturally they will not read every part of the bible autistically and nitpick all the rules.
Those are traditions that just never took hold in the church, or were phased out in the modern period (medieval peasant women used to cover their hair and adulterers were frowned upon if not outright executed)

So you're saying these are moral and ceremonial laws that should not be enforced? And there fore mean nothing?

Is this a good thing?

>adopt the holly book of the Jews
>don't follow it
>just pick some parts you like
Christianity always was very flexible, benefit of a synchretic religion where the original prophet didn't wrote down anything.

That's not directed at Christians. You can read the NT epistles, in particularly the Galatians, for clarification. The Law was given to the Jews, and it was not given with the ability to grant salvation, which instead is gained through faith and grace, and not through following the Law.

Not at all true.

It's completely pathetic.
Nobody really acts Christian after all.

>Leviticus
>covenants God made with the Israelites and obsolete when Christ atoned at Calvary

Old Testament is the old promise, christians now attempt to follow the New Testament that is ruled by unconditional love and forgiveness.

Did pagans have autistic prophets in their religions?

Jesus himself said that the Old Testament is the word of God and should not be changed one bit. ''Christians'' today are just de facto apostates who abandoned Christianity during the ''Enlightenment'' and French Revolution. The true religion of the West and modern day Christians is Liberalism.

>The true religion of the West and modern day Christians is Liberalism.
Thanks god for that. I couldn't bear living in a theocratic shithole.

Don't thank god. You've turned your back on him.

Either read the Galatians or stop spouting nonsense.

>turned your back
But how if God is everywhere?

Paul and early Church fathers made up bullshit excuses you're going to read here from Christcucks.
The only truth is:
>17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
>Matthew 5:17-19

I was being sarcastic. I enjoy living in a deeply laicistic and irreligious society.

That explains why sausage made from pigs blood, about as treif as it gets, always was and still is highly popular in all of Christian Europe. Benefits of a flexible religion, just pick the parts that suits you.

>God: hey Jews, these are some laws just for you, make sure you follow them
>Jews: ok
>non-Jews: *don't follow them*
>other non-Jews: wtf why is this allowed?

because they are not retarded - like muslims.

Jesus didn't say he came to abolish the Old Testament

following your religion is now retarded?

doesn't matter, Leviticus is for Jews, most Christians aren't Jews

Yes, nowadays it is.

Jesus did something that got rid of the old testament, but Christians still cherry pick tjr rules. Idk all the details

That's very atheist of you to say.
If you're not gonna follow your religion and you're not gonna call those things sins, then you simply not really believing in it.

I know it's all bs but it's funny how they make excuses for it instead of acknowledging pragmatism.

Because heresy.

Anti-Pauline Messianic Judaism is the one true faith.

I even circumcised myself. The Lord was with me.

Then they would have to acknowledge that Jesus was a Jewish zealot, preaching exclusively to Jews and that the whole religion was designed by Paulus and the church fathers for the late Roman mass market and changed whenever needed. Not exactly what you want to hear when talking about the one true god and eternal truths.

Man, if they are idiotic enough to believe in God they can swallow anything.

No

Only the word of christ is to be taken literally. The rest is just the ancient hebrew culture christ was trying to separate from faith when he went about kicking merchants out of temples and shit. The old testament doesn't represent christianity.

see here for the "literal" word of Christ:

>Leviticus
>Leviticus
>Leviticus
Those are for jews buddy. The mosaic law was fulfilled.

Why don't you read the entire NT before making brainletposts? Leviticus only applies to Jews, not to Greek or "pagan" Christians.
Further, what essentially applies are the ten commandments, most importantly loving god and loving your neighbor. What Paul orders is not eternal law.

>inb4 c*tholics

>10 commandments still valid
>rest is pick them as they suit you
what a convenient religion

Christ, you atheists are cringeworthy.
If Jesus was refering to mosaic law when he said "not one iota" would be changed: why did he proceed to dismantle or at best 'very creatively reinterpret' plenty of its tenets?
Why did Christ give the holy spirit to the Pagans who weren't circumcised?
Why did the community of Christ with all its apostles explicitly decide not to force mosaic law upon the Pagans they were converting? Why did they have Christ's blessing in doing so?
Mosaic law does not apply to Christian goyim.

Nice moving the goal posts.

Christ was literally persecuted by the Pharisees for violating the Old Law. From this it is clear that when Jesus speaks of the Law here, he speaks not of the Law Moses gave to the Jews, but rather of the Law between God and man. This is congruent with all the other passages where Christ claims that the Pharisees will not understand him.

idk Catholics follow the catechism more then the bible so you might want to read the recent catechism.

The ten commandments can basically be summed up in jesus' two that he commanded: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. and And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

>Why don't Christian's follow Jewish covenant
>Despite giving us his compact and mediation instead

Excuse me, *His

>sleeping with people you are not married to is forbidden but Christians do all these things.

No, cheating is forbidden. Learn to read.

cause a big boy like me has eat good!!! what the hell!!!

Kind of odd op used Jewish covenant rules but skipped the part where it says if a man seduce a maid,he has to make an effort to marry her.

Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

LITERALLY THE SAME CHAPTER YOU FUCK THIS IS WHY NO ONE WANTS TO BOTHER WITH YOUR SHIT

But it also says that uncovering her head is the same as being shaven.

Did Jesus say don't follow Leviticus?

because new instructions go above old ones, read new testament, jesus says there is no such meat that is unclean. Also premartial sex isn't looked well upon.

It's almost like the Old Testament is a history lesson, setting the scene for the New, rather than a list of eternal commands or something...

Jesus didn't say that the new instructions went over the old ones. He said he wasn't here to change the rules.

Christian athiesm is real...

all of the commandments in the Old Testament, aside from the Seven Laws of Noah, are meant for the Jewish people to follow, not gentiles

Blame Voltaire, Rousseau, Kant, Napoleon, luther, and the church.

The bible is not the direct word of god. It's a collection of second hand accounts so you're free to pick and choose.

you fucking idiot. I didn't say that jesus said it. It is just logical. if i say you are an idiot but then say you are total fucktard instead, you are a total fucktard.

if god says 1 000 000 billion years ago that you are a pig and tomorrow says that you are a piglet, what he says tomorrow has more value over the 6 gorillion years old statement.

>It's logical to pick and choose what I like
Did Jesus say that eating pigs is good? If he specifically said that, then you can claim that the old instructions are outdated but I doubt he said that.
If Jesus said anything contradicting the old instructions then it would be justified to drop them.

Cause it´s a shitty book, and not retarded Christians knew.

>Unironically sourcing Leviticus directly

Maybe Sunday school is more your speed, brainlet

If you take off her covering(her hair) she would indeed be shaven.

That's bullshit and you know it.

mark 7:18-19 talk about this,
"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them?
For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

Not an argument.

Also remember reading a part where someone asks about circumsision and jesus answers something along the lines: if it was truly beneficial my father would make them circumsised in the womb.

>Unspecified vague dialogue overwrites OT
Hmmmmmm

>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets
>no, no, he didn't mean the Law that the entire society of the people he's speaking to is based around, the one they would have worried about him altering, he meant this other unrelated thing
>also just ignore the "prophets" part

>It's not for reading directly
Can you cope any harder?

it's almost as if Christians are already meaningfully secular and aren't immoral asshats like muslims... hmm....

>old testament
>relevant

So you're saying morality isn't absolute...

Apparently it isn't.

>adopt holly book of Jews
The original Christians were Jews you faggot, you can't adopt something you were born into

he never told his non-Jewish followers to follow it in the first place

Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16] [f]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them.

Yes, and a couple centuries later some non Jews turned it into a religion free for all and because there was not enough meat on the bone they kept the Jewish book. It's not like Jesus gave a fuck about non Jews.Textbook example of how you engineer a religion when you need to cater to a larger audience.

This, Jewish zealot preaches exclusively to other Jews.
>ff 300 years
Oh, by the way, it's not exclusively Jews now. Just give us your shekels and it's ok.

this is ignorant as fuck, are you the guy who posts about Paul all the time? He must be in this thread, at least.

Nice argument friend. Feel free to read up how Christianity developed from a exclusively Jewish end time sect into the primary religion of the Roman empire.

>hurrr he disagrees with me therefore he is retarded
If knew your shit you wouldn't keep going on about Jesus "didn't come to abolish the Law" even though everything he did and the actions of his disciples are contrary to your opinion. The Jewish authorities wouldn't have been butthurt enough to engineer his execution if he was as Jewish as you say he is, but the fact of the matter is that Jesus was executed specifically because he broke so far away from the Law, and his disciples preserved that despite James being a dick.

>Over 80 responses
>Only this one provides the answer
Veeky Forums has really gone down the drain

Most Christians in the West today are hypocrites who have bend over to Liberalism and Secularism. It's pathetic to be honest.

>it's an anti-christians argue in bad faith episode

>it's a Christian breaks the ninth commandment in order to advance the faith episode

>he doesn't know that the apostles decided that one didn't have to follow the Jewish Law in order to be saved through Chrsit