Post-Classical/Early Mediaeval Thread

Post cool maps, images, artifacts, stories or whatever from the Fall of the Western Roman Empire to the Rashidun Caliphate. Approximately 475 AD to 635 AD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPudO9NjdBE
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2018/01/on-genomic-history-of-north-eurasia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Himarite Yemen, Axum Abyssinia

Avars

Byzantine Empress Theodora

>roman empire

Persian envoy to India

Reccared the Visigoth

britons

White Huns/hephthalites

Heraclius

gokturks

Justinian

Sassanids

picts

more sassanids

Thula, from Himyarite (Jewish) Yemen

6th century Tibetans

battle of avarayr

asia 559

britain 620

old great bulgaria

another bulgar one

ostrogoths

Languages 580AD

Samo's Empire!

sassanids

more of the sassanids

457ad

barbarians

this one too i guess

varangians

odoacre

INDO GREEKS

500ad

diadochi

captcha can lick my nutsack for this one

byzantine trade

also bite my starfish captcha

600ad

sogdians

khosrau ii

christianity

That looks cool but wouldn't they freeze there? Also, isn't it dangereous to live in a fucking carved out mountain?

>Gontran is king of the Aurelians/Orleanais
>Capital is Orleans
>B*rgundniggers get annexed to the Kingdom of the Aurelians
>Name it Kingdom of Burgundy

Whoever made this map should be beheaded

Obelisk of Theodosius in Constantinople.

I'm not sure how cold winters in Sardinia get but I don't see that being an issue.
And as far as safety is concerned....I guess being hidden from raiders would beat the danger of falling rocks.

>Frankish Warrior Grave at Nijmegen

You're confused that village is not from the Byzantine era, It was abandoned before the early middle ages, so it probably doesn't belong in this thread, it was used by the bandits to avoid dealing with the Republican Romans, they were tribes who plundered the cities in the island and those in Etruria, Strabo even mentions them.

>Strabo, in his work Geography, informs us that the Balari and some other Sardinian populations (Sossinati, Acconiti and Parati), described as mountainous and dwelling in caves, were used to commit acts of piracy along the coasts of Etruria affecting the city of Pisa in particular

Now in French.

The ancients knew what they were doing.
Modern engineers couldn't even get their heads around anything like that.

>Land of emperor Nepos
He didn't deserve it bros.

>that black slave

A P O L O G I Z E

The houses were thermically insulated

>Japan

> “(…) In third year after the death of Emperor Justin, during the reign of victorious Tiberius, the damned nation of the Slavs has risen, and marching through entire Hellas, through lands of Thessaly and Thrace, captured many cities and strongholds, plundered, burned and robbed, seized the land and settled there with full ease, without fear, like in their own land. (…) they were plundering the country, burning it and robbing, as far as the Great Walls [of Constantinople], and this is how they captured many thousands of cattle, as well as many other kinds of booty. (…) Until today, that is until year 584, they still continue to live in peace in lands of the Rhomaioi, without fear and concern, plundering, enslaving and burning, getting rich and highjacking gold and silver, capturing horses and plenty of weapons; and they have learned to fight better than the Rhomaioi. (…)”

>Gauls

>You will never see the ERE restore the old Roman borders

Deiran masterrace

> Land of Emperor Nepos

Yeah what's the deal with that?

Are they supposed to be Heruleans?

Currently reading Beowulf, post scandi-related pics of this period pls

This is definitely after the 7th c. tbqh, should be 10th at the very least.

I'm assuming the pic is from here youtube.com/watch?v=sPudO9NjdBE

But seriously how the FUCK did christianity reach india in 55 AD?

Why did the Franks divide their kingdom so many times? Clovis', Pepin's, as well as Louis the Pious' sons all split the empire just to name a few.

Was it autism?

>tfw masovian

The last Roman Emperor went into exile there after Odovakar went and made himself King of Italy

Saint Thomas the Apostle went to India according to tradition. While this might seem outlandish, there was a large population of Jews in India and they spoke Aramaic. Even if it wasn't actually Thomas himself, the detail in which the travel is described, the accurate names of Indo-Parthian rulers and cities in Sind, make it really believable that in fact some early Christians went there in about 50 AD.

Besides it isn't that much farther from Palestine to India than to Rome, although the optimal sea route requires you to go via Red Sea.

>4% Finland
typical TÜRAN polacke, go back to mongolia, I bet you have subhuman brachycephalic skull

I'm not sure why, but Europeans and middle easterners having contact with india seems so strange to me. Even though Persia was neighbors with them, India seems so much further away than everything else.

Yesh I knew about it

polishgenes.blogspot.com/2018/01/on-genomic-history-of-north-eurasia.html

You're done for. Crawl under a rock, worm.

>separating Finno-Ugrians from Mongoloids
typical poolack weak try to appear european

you have subhuman mongoloid skulls and no manipulation will change this fact :)