Austro-Hungarian army

Why didn't all the Czechs, Serbs, Poles, Italians, Ruthenians, Slovaks, Slovenes, Ukrainians, and Bosniaks rebel against the Habsburgs in 1914?

Why did they go to war and not mutiny or anything for four years?

Austria-Hungary was being called the "prison of nations" before the war but it was the French, Germans, Russians and Italians having mutinies before Austria-Hungary did. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey,_Slavs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well for example Poles usually prefered AH to Russia

Most people side with the Devil they know against the Devil they don't.

>Why did they go to war and not mutiny or anything for four years?
not all of them did
i know that pilsudski was basically creating polish army on austrian (polish partition) turf and they were fine with that because they didn't want to deal with rebellions

Austria-Hungary was probably the most benevolent European nation in regards to the treatment of its minorities, the idea of it being an evil prison house of nations is an Entente myth, only the Bosnian Serbs really disliked the Habsburgs.

His group was pre-war, legal and sanctioned by the Austrians. So not a mutiny at all.

>My family will starve
>They will hang me
>If CPs win, I'm fucked
>I just want to go home
Normal guys just went through the path of least resistance. The young, aggessive and motivated ones without hungry necks depending on them did deserted to entente.

Also Habsburgs knew that when mutinies hit, the state won't survive. So they did everything they could to prevent them.

Because, contrary to what Western propaganda would have you believe, many living under Habsburg rule were loyal to the crown first, and their nation second.

These apply to all the powers involved in the war.

what about these stories where slavs in ww1 were singing some songs and they wouldn't engage each other if they heard it?

probably require citations.

found it
>Hey, Slavs. During the First World War, the song was often used by Slavic soldiers from opposite sides of the front line to communicate common nationalist sentiment and prevent bloodshed.
its the song that became yugoslavian anthem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey,_Slavs

probably inspired by the Infanterieregiment Nr. 28 that defected to the Russians with music playing and soldiers singing

>"If mother Prague, the pearl of the Western Slavic world, is to be lost in a German sea, what awaits my dear homeland, Slovakia, which looks to Prague for spiritual nourishment? Burdened by that thought, I remembered the old Polish song Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła, kiedy my żyjemy ("Poland has not yet perished as long as we live."). That familiar melody caused my heart to erupt with a defiant Hej, Slováci, ešte naša slovenská reč žije ("Hey, Slovaks, our Slovak language still lives")... I ran to my room, lit a candle and wrote down three verses into my diary in pencil. The song was finished in a moment."

Neat. Not seeing any citations within the article that support the story, but neat anyway.

>Austria-Hungary was being called the "prison of nations" before the war but it was the French, Germans, Russians and Italians having mutinies before Austria-Hungary did. Why?

Because almost everything you will read about AH was written by Anglos who have an inexplicable hateboner for it. Seriously, that's it. Every shitty meme about AH and how it sucked is a direct consequence of British hate for AH.

Also, as a Croat I can also say that the other, domestic side of this shit-meme came from our communists. Again, we're talking about turds. The same applies for communists in other Slavic parts of the empire.

Above all this you severely, criminally underestimate just how insanely beloved emperor Franz Joseph was.

In conclusion AH was morally and ethically much cleaner than any of the powers it sided with or fought against. AH did not want negro colonies. AH did not want to rule the world. AH never was or wanted to be a military superpower. AH wanted to exist in peace and all its issues would've been resolved easily.

Because many in Austria-Hungary still considered themselves subjects of a real monarchy as opposed to some meme nation state.

People tend to assume it was Ebil Austrians keeping a "Prison of Nations," when even Austrian German Nationalists disliked the Habsburgs.

In addition many minorities saw in the Habsburgs protectors of their rights as opposed to hoofing it on their own as nation-states and get swallowed/massacred by neighboring spastic nationalists.

>Above all this you severely, criminally underestimate just how insanely beloved emperor Franz Joseph was.

I'd like to know more.

State of the A-H was entirely caused by the G*rmanoid subhumans that shilled for Cuckhelm and wanted to destroy monarchy from inside. Austrians are at least civilised people.

It was a traditional monarchy, people in traditional monarchies weren't thinking like you ethnocucks.

Those were communist songs.

Look, you can't have the insight I have purely because I am a Croat. The moment AH disintegrated every single Slav country that emerged out of it got ruined, torned to pieces, ripped apart both by Hitler and then by communism. A hundred years later we still haven't recovered and probably never will. Us Slavs ended up being fucked for a hundred years because AH came to an end.

>Those were communist songs.
Sure thing Schlomo

But most of other powers could count on their soldiers. Austrians had to take extra measures.

>what awaits my dear homeland, Slovakia, which looks to Prague for spiritual nourishment?
Slovak Protestants were a mistake. Their Czech cocksuckery truly knows no limits.
I truly wish more people knew about how Slovak Protestants completely broke Slovak volksgeist and turned the nation into a bunch of good goyim and eternal shills for the Czechs, it's quite the sad story.

Given the known mutinies, that doesn't appear to be true. Can you prove it?

Here's a tidbit. I come from a shitty, irrelevant rural backwater town. It has zero significance by any metric. Way back in the early 1900s it was struck by drought and two or three harvests simply failed, and this turned into a full blown starvation.

It was Franz Joseph himself, personally, no agency or goverment body of his that paid for the food, for the livestock to be given to the peasants and later on for proper irrigation channels to be built.

Franz Joseph did this all the damn time everywhere across the empire. When the people needed him the most he would be there for them.

You don't get autists cumming over your conquests and rape marches that way, but consider the value of such a man in the position of an absolute ruler. The Habsburg emperors in general were all like that. They didn't shit on their people or throw them away like pawns in meaningless wars. I think that's why the Brits hate AH and the Habsburgs - because they proved that they were better than them with their slave empires built on war and butchery.

The British empire and its colonial efforts were just a front for the Rothschild enterprise, it wasn't a proper monarchy. They're the ancap meme coming to life.

Austrians did not had many mutinees, their soldiers went straight out to join enemies. No other side (except maybe for Russia, but that was for different reasons) had such a high rate of desertion.

>prison of nations
For a lot of them, the alternative was to be under the Russian boot. Guess they preferred good old Franz Joseph

>"prison of nations
that would be russia

>Look, you can't have the insight I have purely because I am a Croat. The moment AH disintegrated every single Slav country that emerged out of it got ruined, torned to pieces, ripped apart both by Hitler and then by communism. A hundred years later we still haven't recovered and probably never will. Us Slavs ended up being fucked for a hundred years because AH came to an end.
So, what you're saying, is that Slavs cannot govern themselves and they needed to be lead by superior Aryan German instead?
Got it.

Croatia had a massive amount of deserters, except on the Italian front. The whole "prison of nations" might be post-AH narrative, not everyone was anti-Habsburg. Also, plenty of South Slavs were uneducated peasants relatively who didn't have the means or connections to start a rebellion against what they percieved to be a very powerful regime.

>Austria-Hungary was being called the "prison of nations" before the war but it was the French, Germans, Russians and Italians having mutinies before Austria-Hungary did. Why?
It was actually Russia that was called the "prison of nations." And Austria-Hungary had plenty of mutinies, you just haven't heard of them because generally the history of Austria-Hungary is less studied and well-known than that of those other countries. The idea that all the nationalities in A-H were yearning to break free is a meme tho

Citation?

>Aryan German governing
>Psychotic dictator and genocidal institutions

I'm British and I've never heard of anyone who has a 'hateboner' for AH. Actually I've never heard of anyone having particularly strong opinions on it at all

Not now, because it no longer exists. But it was definitely true in the early 20th century.