When will people finally understand that not everything in this book was supposed to be taken seriously

when will people finally understand that not everything in this book was supposed to be taken seriously

its a collection of poems, songs and stories. Most of the stories in the Bible are myths designed to teach you the basic morals and ideas of Christianity. Before the Bible everything was spoken by way of mouth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0FAOUvR3IfI
youtube.com/watch?v=iXrPubdEHNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

prepare to be burned at the stake as a heretic
if you disagree with the church as to so much as what colour Jesus' left nutsack was you are to burn in hell for all eternity

What moral lesson does Noah and the ark teach?

>left nutsack
Do you have more than one nutsack?

sort of like earth has a north and a south hemisphere

>what moral lesson does Noah and the ark teach.

Keep God's creation safe from hard, be Loyal to God, sinners will be punnished.

>sinners will be punnished.
doesn't that directly contradict the god of the new testament?

nope.

Remember the Black and White sheep?

i meant god in the new testament doesn't punish in the physical way like the old testament

>I meant God

Jesus is God

>when will people finally understand that nothing in this book is supposed to be taken seriously
Fixed.

Careful there wouldn't want to loose your fedora tipping that hard

>someone disagrees with my conservative beliefs
>H-HAH, F-FEDORA! BTFO!

>religion = certain political belief

okay

>one of the largest religions on earth
>large collection of its teachings in book
>has had large influence over Ancient and Modern history
>No ones meant to take this seriously

did you mean to use literally instead of seriously

>Most of the stories in the Bible are myths designed to teach you the basic morals and ideas of Christianity.

LMFAO...

youtube.com/watch?v=0FAOUvR3IfI

To a modern person such as yourself, it seems obvious that these myths are just that, but you have to imagine what if you had never been exposed to any other mythology or history and knew almost nothing about how the natural world worked. All you have to make sense of the world is this history that's been handed down to you. Some of the stories in the OT may have been originally intended as allegorical, but it's not at all easy to determine to what extent that may be true. Maybe smart people saw them as allegories but wanted plebs to literally believe them. Maybe everyone literally believed them. Most early Christians seem to have done. In Christian history, Bible stories have only become more and more allegorical as they've been further and further shown to be absurd by science and archaeology.

>Most of the stories in the Bible are myths designed to teach you the basic morals and ideas of Christianity
Most of them predate Christianity and I think we can say that the ones in the NT are definitely supposed to be believed.

That's the OT. Pretty certain OP meant the extended universe filled with fanfiction about the supposed son of God who is also God himself.

>Pretty certain OP meant the extended universe filled with fanfiction about the supposed son of God who is also God himself.

That's me.

youtube.com/watch?v=iXrPubdEHNk

>lots of people take this seriously
>it means that they should

Are we not supposed to take it's extremely clear list of laws seriously either.
Eating pork is wrong and usury needs to die.

>>eating pork
>>wrong
Bitch I will fucking murder you if you try to take my BLT sandwiches away from me.

>Billions of flies can't be wrong! Eat shit too!

stay away from my salami you fuck

Eating shit is very good if you're a fly