This is what the top 20 looked like in 2014

This is what the top 20 looked like in 2014.
Think about this.

Bitcoin: Apple
Ethereum: Facebook
Bitcoin Cash: Amazon
Ripple: Google

?

I only see 18.

OMG is google

your fat mother eat the other two

How the fuck does ripple as google even make sense to you? Are you just listing random coins and companies?

What it means to me is 5-18 will be unrecognizable form the ones we know today in a year. Maybe through the process 1 sticks to the top like ETH did. Recognize that beyond top 3-5 coins, you need to have an exit strategy into one of the top 3-5 at some point.

>bitcoin cash: amazon

It honestly made me realize I should dump 90% of my coins since these coins all ended up basically worthless in the long run.

did any of those coins even offer anything besides being some shitty bitcoin clone? not comparable to a lot of the newer projects like walton and chainlink.

Holy shit nearly all of them died

yeah none of those coins solved any interesting problems, they were just copycats of bitcoin with different hash rates or other meaningless bullshit differences.

Litecoin:
>doesn't do anything special
Peercoin, vertcoin, doge,master,name,infinite,feather, all stupid bullshit scams that do the same thing as bitcoin, nothing different.

Vert is the only one worth mentioning as it has LN first. but ultimately the only difference is "no asic mining" which is a communist idea that somehow mining rigs won't be able to control it. it won't work, and it's not a problem even for bitcoin.

Today's top 20 has several coins that solve different problems. There's a few eyesores (bitcoin cash, bitconnect, etc) but for the most part they are loads better than the shitcoins of 2014. Most will fail for sure but more of them will stay on the top 20 in 3 years from now.

That's because they were all Bitcoin rip offs. The only bitcoin rip off that survived is LiteCoin because it adapted.
But now the shitcoins actually have future uses. So there's a decent chance a good portion of them will survive. The non-shit shitcoins if you will.

>he thinks the top 100 full of vaporware ICO tokens isn't the same as the past
>he thinks the top 20 are coins with value long term

5% of the coins in 2014 weren't there in 2017
I'm betting 20% - 25% of the coins in 2017 will be there in 2020.

Just because they're no longer in the top 20 doesn't mean they haven't gone up over time.

Ripple was literally backed by Google.

doge is 16 sat

peercoin is dead

XPM is 3000 sat now you fucking retard

WDC is like 200 sat

mastercoin is GONE

quark is GONE

namecoin is GONE

bitshares PTS is GONE

mec is 100 sat

infinitecoin is GONE

novacoin is 10k sat and was about 900k

ftc is 1200 sat

ybcoin is GONE

vtc is the only coin outside the other that has gone up

in other words for a brianlet like you, unless you lucked out with the 5-10% that held their BTC value over time you were far better off doing what? oh, holding bitcoin. also you'd have free clams right now.

Namecoin had a pretty good utility

Actually it's not dead, github is still active

isn't mastercoin something else now? or it forked into something else?

ripple was the most unique as its a hyperledger and not a blockchain

peercoin was the first PoS coin, but died anyway

Back then I invested a $100 or so in Namecoin and $50 or so in LTC.
Good old days when Bitcoin went up to $1000 and everybody was hyped up.

thats fucking terrifying, either my omg or neo aint gonna be around in 2 years, welp

btc-e.com would single-handily create pretty impressive pumps for NMC and PPC earlier this year, shit was fun....guess everything ded now :'(