Who else /fat/ going to the gym?

Hello guys. I'm just wondering about those of us who are fat and are going to the gym. How do you deal with your insecurities? I always feel like people are making fun of me behind my back. I'm pretty sure it's just my anxiety and shit, but it's hard to deal with it. Been going there for a week now, and it feels like hell. Help me anons.

Hello I was in your shoes a few months ago and I want to let you know that continuing going to the gym even tho if your anxiety is the best decision you've ever made in your life. I know it's hard but soon you won't care about those people around you because you'll be focused on doing your lifting or cardio routine because, well, it because a routine. It becomes a habit that you feel bad not doing.

When that happens your confidence in your workout is strong and those people will melt away leaving only you and the hard iron.

Thank you. I'll try going there for two months, to see if these feeling will fade away.

Do your best! We are all gonna make it brah

No one gives a shit if there is a fat guy in the gym. Everyone just gets their own shit done and leaves. If anything they will think 'good on you for trying to change'.

I have 1 million times more respect for a fat guy who's trying than for the DYEL who constantly checks himself out in the mirror while doing cable curls with 5 minute rests.

I know that, I honestly don't think people will openly mock me going to the gym. However, anxiety fucks me up and I can't help but feel like they are.

Former fatty reporting in. Pretty sure everyone has these feelings at first, even lanklets. After a few months the regulars started coming up to congratulate me on my progress which eased my anxiety because it felt like I deserved to feel belonging.

I never experienced any snickering but really even if I did, the people who do that shit are fucking pathetic. Shove it in their faces after a couple of months of dedication and casually work in between their sets and outlift their stalling bench or something.

Literally the only people who dont belong in the gym are the people you describe. Dont worry about it, most of us are either nice or too autistic to notice you.

make sure you have good hygiene and dress like a normal human bean. look up form on youtube before trying an exercise. wipe down equipment after use. nobody will fuq with you or hate on you in any way even if you weigh 400 lbs and have DD manboobies

I always take a shower before going there and use deoderant and all that. Always clean the benches. Guess I'm just too fucking insecure. Thanks anons.

I first walked into the local gym in the middle of the day (was unemployed) in mid april at 357lbs with shorts and a hoodie on.

I used to project my insecurities on the guys at the gym, feeling like they were judging me in a negative way and now most people there know me, give me the nod, give me advice and I feel a lot more respected, mostly because I now respect myself.

am now 230lbs, don't give up

I will let you in on a secret... those people staring... they are cheering you on in their mind.

That makes me feel so happy user. I really wanna change.
Even if it's not true, guess I'll start seeing it that way kek

I used to be fat and now I look good and like I lift. I outlift bigger guys in my gym and look way better than the average Joe there. However, I still feel like people makes fun of me behind my back. It never stops me from working out and getting better. I know everything is in my head, same thing happens to you. Keep going. Whenever I see someone who's fat working out I feel encouraged because I've been there as well, I'd never put him down. We all are going to make it

Bro, fuck those cunts who stare at you. The only people who you need to care about is those who fucking love that you're at the gym, fixing your problem. That shit is like laughing at sick people at a hospital. Fuck those cunts bro.

No one cares about fat people. Where you go doesnt change that

When I see overweight people going to the gym consistently I sort of love seeing their progress.

I lost 75lbs over the last year. Just go at like 1 a.m . When you figure out form and get comfortable with all your exercises, then move to normie times.

Not him but it is true

The only place I'm not disgusted with fat people is the gym

Fuck you for getting that way anywhere else but in the gym I'm rooting for you and I'm proud of your decision to change

Keep at it bro don't disgust me

The only reason I'd ever think negatively of a fatty in the gym is if a) they use terrible form, b) they give up after a couple weeks, or c) they never try hard and do 10 minute rests between easy ass sets. Everybody admires a hard worker, especially someone who tries to improve themselves. Even if you get laughed at (which nobody will do out loud) just keep going and get fucking jacked, then see if they laugh anymore. If you stop going because of some douche bags, then they won and you lost.

Of course you could lose the weight first and then start hitting the gym.

Lanklet here, we feel it

>How do you deal with your insecurities? I always feel like people are making fun of me behind my back
the hardest thing is to keep going every day. for the most part the gym culture is very accepting of us fatties that are actually trying. The'll cheer you up, encourage you and motivate you to keep going as long as they see you are ACTUALLY trying.

once that happens, once they see you progressing you become like marble to them, specially instructors, they will be very attentive to you, they'll be very nice like picturing into the future the moment you are officially fit so they could say " I carved that out of a massive shapeless piece of marble"