Nice traps

What do you guys do for traps?
I've always just done dumbbell shrugs in the past but I'm thinking of doing rack pulls. Although I see people with completely different techniques.

upright rows will change your world. they say don't do close grip, it on the ez bar I find them better for my shoulders. but my body is weird

Rack-pulls (after weighted chins) on back day

Shrugs/Klokov Press (after OHP) on shoulders day

Do you use a specific rep scheme?
I didn't know chins did much for traps

Why do you want big traps they aren't asthetic at all from the Greco-Roman perspective that bodybuilding aspires to. Worry more about your v-taper

High pulls and power clean from blocks. Also rubish rows

I definitely rate Frank Zane as the ideal but I've got longish neck and my traps are proportionally small

Weighted handstands

Heavy ass bar shrugs. Dumbbell arent as good cause you will cheat subconsciously. Also if your gym has one of the incline row bars, do that. Go as wide as possible.

When my traps were actually looking good, i'd do around 5 sets 8-12 and then 3 light weight sets (30 sec break) for just as many as I could.

I know it's bro-ish, but this used to fuck the shit out of my traps and made em grow like a mofo.

Also realize you're hitting you traps on back day (if youre doing a cest/shoulder/leg) split. Just focus on your traps during back day. Really think about activating them.

this too. Go overhand grip, wide. Just think about activating your lower traps cause its hard at first. Your lats will wanna do all the work.

Just do a shrug at the top of every deadlift.

yeah just shrug 450 lbs guys

No I definitely see what you mean. I had a similar routine for triceps and that worked wonders.

Good form deadlifts. The main doms I get from deadlifts are from my traps, ever since I learned to activate them correctly during deadlifts. My back is also always straight now, even one heavy weights ( 220kg 1rm).

I don't isolate them, I mostly rely on deadlifts, rows and reverse flys.

>I didn't know chins did much for traps
Not him, but chinups and pullups work the lower and middle traps to some degree.

Heavy Shrugs and Rack Pulls
Don't worry about form because traps grow through stabilization
you gonna look like pic related if you get to 600 cheat shrugs

whats this guys name? he looks like someone I went to school with.

deadlifts exploded mine to the point where i was already pissed at them getting too big.

his name is alexander leonidas
he has a channel on youtube called Alphadestiny

Frank had amazing traps, just not the bulbous horror show that modern mass monsters have

if you want traps like Frank you have to work them

FIVE
FOOT
FIVE

Um, yeah?

traps are still joocy af

genetics 1xF

slap some 45's on a smith machine and do like 5 sets of shrugs to failure

if you can't shrug your deadlift then you are low test
fact i read it in an scientific article

I tend to ignore them so as to not feed into their delusions and desperate cries for attention.

Olympic lifts

Search for wrestling bridge exercises, I guarante you it will work, used to cut to wrestle and I was skinny but my traps were huge.

what the fuck would doing bridges do for your traps?

you know what wrestlers have big traps? because they wrestle, not because you're doing that one stretch.

cuck.

You've never done a bridge in your entire fucking life have you?

he isn't completely wrong nigger
when you work the back of your neck like in the bridges, it makes your traps look bigger since the back of the neck connects to them.

Are you a NYR or just stupid?

you're literally retarded.

i've done gymnastics for 15 years. do you think i've done a bridge in my life?

If you've ever done a bridge then you'd know that it works all of the back muslces

And post a timestamped pic, lets see what those 15 years of gymnastics have done for your traps.

your upper traps are responsible for one movement (scap elevation) and assist in a handful of others.

none of those movements have to do with your cervical spine.

I just use Craigslist.

You'll notice in this diagram that the trapezius connects all the way to the base of the skull

he always reminds me of charles branson

I'm sure his name isn't leonidas, he just says it is to sound cool and "alpha" betadestiny

he's Italian i think so that might be the case

>sand people x f