Has anyone here tried lifting twice a day? got a lot of free time over summer...

Has anyone here tried lifting twice a day? got a lot of free time over summer, might try some wacky shit like after breakfast then after dinner.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/bodybuildings-next-frontier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hope you're on steroids.

>2017
>breakfast

I've got the excess fat to support it

i doesn't matter, try doind two body parts maybe, like chest in the morning and back on the evening, the next day biceps than triceps, the other shoulder then legs, it may work better or not, can't confirm

>fatass overtrains
>has shit diet because he's a fatass

see you in the 2017 olympias dorian.

kek

>he doesn't eat two breakfast's

>that picture
Arthur Jones was a proponent of high intensity, low volume training, no lifting twice a day for him.

If you're looking to increase performance then go for it. If you're looking to get bigger then don't.

>Has anyone here tried lifting twice a day?

Yeah I've done that but all I did was split my workout into 2 sessions. So if I was doing 4 different lifts I did 2 lifts early on then my other 2 later. It was pretty helpful when I was doing 6 different lifts because I had tons of energy and could give 100% on the second half of the day's workout.

I would like to try this - doing higher reps and have a couple hours sleep in the afternoon. Working a high test job like sales also a must

Sleep a ton like 8 or 9 hours eat well and stretch and yes you could do lower body in the morning upper on the afternoon I've done it it works if I do it under those conditions.

You can lift and then afterwards later on the day do heavy cardio exercise.

Back in grad school when I was pressed for time I would only have enough time to do squats in the morning before work, so i would do that and eat like a horse all day and then when i was finally done with classes at 830 pm I would go back to the campus gym and do Presses and power cleans before drinking a huge shake and passing out at home. seemed to work really well

>on the wrong side of the planet
>needs to brosplit his brosplit

or you could fucking spend the day in the gym like a normal person

You CAN do legs and another bodypart in the same day, but I dont advise it. You'll overtrain, and throw off your split, just increase the time of your workout, and take longer rests in between set. You will burn a shit ton of calories and probably lose muscle, your body doesnt care where it gets its energy from, even if youve got the fat to burn it will also burn your muscles for the protien.

How do you eat to get enough energy for that

if you're on drugs you're totally cool to do it

Yes.
But unless you have a lot of time rest and eat, on top of knowing how to adjust your intensity level then you're going to bonk in under two months.

t-nation.com/workouts/bodybuildings-next-frontier

Consider giving this a read if you're going to lift twice a day.

Lifting twice a day only makes sense if you are highly advanced. The closer you reach your natty limit the shorter the protein synthesis window after your workout. After many years you will be at a window of 6 hours, so training at 12:00 and 20:00 is perfectly manageable then. 2 one hour workouts, eat plenty.