Sue my gym?

The vend door on the plate dispenser at my gym has been broken since way before Christmas. Last week I put my money in, selected a 45 plate and when it fell down into the hatch it bounced out and onto my foot. Now my doctor says it's broken and I won't be mobile for at least a few months.

What do? I had told management they needed to fix it but they didn't and now I won't be able to lift for ages. Has anyone here ever been compensated by their gym before?

>Plate vender

ahaha

>plate vendor
What the actual fuck is that?

Also this is hardly Veeky Forums related desu, I'd ask someone who's qualified to answer this instead of your make-believe internet friends.

>What the actual fuck is that?
Machine at the gym that dispenses plates in exchange for cash or tokens? I'm sure you have them in a gym near you.

As far as not being Veeky Forums related: this happened at my gym, on a piece of gym equipment and I need advice on how to proceed.

>the plate dispenser
>I put my money in, selected a 45 plate

Here comes the new Veeky Forums meme

IT'S A VERY FUNNY MEME YOU NEW FAGS DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PLATE DISPENSER MEME NYE FAGS I BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE SQUAT RACK ASHTRAY MEME HAHA Veeky Forums IS SO FUNNY!

>new
oh ffs nyr

Yeah iktf bro
>barbell dismantles nearly during squatting cus a screw is loose, could have broken my back
>Yeah we fix it :^)
>nothing happens
Do you like your gym or is there a better one?
If there's a better one, sue them, then move to the other.
Perhaps go to an oldfashioned iron gym without plate dispensers/but a plate boy. Don't know if that's the right word, in Germany we call them Scheibenbube. Don't forget to tip him.

You'll probably do fine because you actually came to harm because of it, but definitely consult a lawyer, because it sounds like the dispenser did exactly what it's meant to do, that being dispense a plate, so if you're unlucky the court might make you pay a lunk fee to the gym for dropping the weight.
I tried to file a complaint that the no-signles policy was discriminatory, but they ruled against me because the gym had partners for rent.

>new

This is why I just don't come here anymore.

Plate vendors just need to fucking die. Some dumbass stuck a loonie ($1) coin into the only one in the gym and I had to get the girl at the front desk to take it out. Oh well at least she got her tip lol

>the new Veeky Forums meme

how fucking new are these people

This is pretty old to be a new meme

It's not a meme you cuck

A lot of gyms are moving to them because retards leave plates scattered everywhere and heavy lifting and shit like that is causing a lot of wear and tear on them. It makes lifters a lot more aware of the plates they're using when they have to pay for them individually and in my gym, it costs two quarters to get a 45lb plate, and you get one quarter back for returning it, so it's a good incentive for people to return equipment to the proper place.

I sometimes take NYR's plates and put them back into the vending machine, while they go the lavatory. Earned 5 bucks so far.
>devilish gym bully

I like it fine, but this sort of thing is indicative of the direction my gym is going in: They actually brought the dispensers in after people complained that the plate attendant (that's what we call them over here) wouldn't wipe down your benches unless you tipped him. Now they won't even do basic maintenance on the machine.

I might just have to move gyms. I don't even think I'll be allowed back after what happened at reception when I went to complain.

Normally its just memers memeing memers memeing memes, but I think these guys are actually unaware of the meme.

>Not bringing your own towel and use it as blanket over the bench

You also want mommy to wipe your ass? I can understand requesting a periodic disinfection of the equipment but you sound like a diva

Pic related, that's you

I would drape my towel over the bench but the towel dispenser has been broken for longer than than the plate one. This is exactly the sort of thing that makes me want to switch gyms.

Lmao ur such a diva bring ur own towel

True story. Pics on magazine MD .com.

>be me
>use 100 lbs. plates for d-lift warmup b/c stability.
>taking said 100 lbs. plate back to floor rack.
>plate slips out of hand, falls vertical to floor, leans down into my shin and tears flesh before resting on my right ankle bone.
>next day, heel looks like peach (yellow / purple), have to ice every few hours at work
>fast forward to today: small scar, no mobility issues.

desu it was probably user error, but you could try and sue.
the plate dispenser at my gym is located on the ground and works like a soda vending machine so there's no chance of it falling and crushing your feet.

You probably never tipped the receptionist.

>I don't come here anymore
Why are you here?

>bring ur own towel
Why would I do that when I could use the facilities provided? I bet you're the kind of person that brings their own gym shorts.

Have you tried this with girls? I'm thinking it would be a great conversation starter when you offer to go get her plates back.

>I'm sure you have them in a gym near you.
I don't live in a crime town so gyms don't have to protect against plate theft.

Who would steal a plate? Fucking idiot.