I Have an Idea

>Go to www.onthisday.com
>Put your birthday in
>Post any interesting events

I'll start for June 7:
>1099 1st Crusaders arrive in Jerusalem
>1340 Rotterdam Netherlands founded
>1494 Treaty of Tordesillas: Spain and Portugal divide the new world along a meridian 370 leagues west of the Cape Verde islands, off the west coast of Africa
>1788 French peasants stone the Army in Grenoble, an event known as the Day of the Tiles
>1832 Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada
>1862 The United States and Britain agree to suppress the slave trade
>1863 Mexico City captured by French troops
>1905 Norway dissolves union with Sweden (in effect since 1814)
>1912 US army tests 1st machine gun mounted on a plane
>1929 Vatican City becomes a sovereign state
>1930 NY Times agrees to capitalize the n in "Negro"
>1936 Yanks beat Indians 5-4 in 16; longest game without a strikeout
>1948 Communist complete takeover of Czechoslovakia; President Bernes resigns
>1965 Morocco King Hassan suspends constitution, grabs power
>1967 Israel captures Wailing Wall in East Jerusalem, Jericho and Bethlehem

Suspicious deaths, be on the look out on this date.
>2012 A bus falls into a ravine in La Paz, Bolivia, killing 16 and injuring 32 people
>2013 42 people are killed and 30 are injured after a bus catches fire in Xiamen, China
>2013 18 people are killed and 14 are injured after a bus plunges off a mountain road in Himachel Pradesh, India
>2016 Car bomb attack on a police bus in central Istanbul kills 11
>2017 Police warn bald men against attacks in Mozambique after 5 men murdered for the gold belived in their heads

July 13
1772 Captain James Cook begins 2nd voyage aboard the Resolution to the South Seas to search for Terra Australis (Southern continent)
1832 Source of Mississippi River discovered by American geographer Henry Schoolcraft
1930 1st-ever football (soccer) World Cup competition begins in Uruguay
1943 Greatest tank battle in history ends with Russia's defeat of Germany at Kursk, almost 6,000 tanks take part, 2,900 lost by Germany
1985 "Live Aid" concerts held at both Wembley Stadium (London) and John F. Kennedy Stadium (Philadelphia) raises over $70 million for African famine relief

Also it's the birthday of Julius Caesar
cool

just off the top of my head for my birthday
>1940: France surrenders to Germany
>1941: Operation Barbarossa begins
>1944: Operation Bagration begins
fun day

November 30
>1016 Cnut the Great (Canute), King of Denmark, claims the English throne after the death of Edmund 'Ironside'

also this happened
>1487 The German Beer Purity Law (Reinheitsgebot), is promulgated by Albert IV, Duke of Bavaria stating beer should be brewed from only three ingredients – water, malt and hops
at least somthing important happened

Beer Purity Law is a precedent to Racial Purity Law.

I usually do this to see who died near my birth year so I can pretend that I am them reincarnated

>March 9th

>1522 Martin Luther begins preaching his "Invocavit Sermons" in the German city of Wittenberg, reminding citizens to trust God's word rather than violence and thus helping bring to a close the revolutionary stage of the Reformation
>1776 Publication of influential economics book "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith
>1834 French Foreign Legion is founded.
>1841 US Supreme Court rules the kidnapped slaves from the Spanish schooner the Amistad are free
>1862 USS Monitor and CSS Merrimack battle in Hampton Roads
>1864 Ulysses S. Grant is appointed commander of Union Army
>1935 Adolf Hitler announces the creation of a new air force.
this is the one I always remember
>1945 334 US B-29 Superfortresses attack Tokyo with 120,000 fire bombs
>1959 Barbie makes her debut at the American Toy Fair in New York

For birthdays, Amerigo Vespucci, Vyacheslav Molotov, Yuri Gagarin, Bobby Fischer

April 6

>46 BC Julius Caesar defeats Caecilius Metellus Scipio and Marcus Porcius Cato (Cato the Younger) in the battle of Thapsus.
>1652 Cape Colony, the 1st European settlement in South Africa, established by Dutch East India Company under Jan van Riebeeck
>1789 1st US Congress begins regular sessions in Federal Hall, NYC
>1869 1st plastic, Celluloid, patented
>1889 George Eastman begins selling his Kodak flexible rolled film for the first time
>1896 1st modern Olympic games open in Athens Greece, American, James Connolly, wins 1st Olympic gold medal in mod history [3/25 OS]
>1917 US declares war on Germany, enters World War I
>1994 Rwandan Genocide begins with the assassination of Rwandan President Juvénal Habyarimana and Burundian President Cyprien Ntaryamira with their plane being shot down by surface-to-air missiles, abruptly ending peace negotiations. Those responsible have never been identified.

October 20

7th January
>1610 Galileo discovers first three satellites of Jupiter, Io, Europa & Ganymede
>1714 Typewriter patented by Englishman Henry Mill (built years later)
>1953 US President Harry Truman announces American development of the hydrogen bomb
>1954 Georgetown-IBM experiment, 1st public demonstration of a machine translation system, is held at IBM's head office in New York
>1999 Impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton begins in the US Senate.
>Birth of Rand Paul, Nicolas Cage and Lewis Hamilton
>Death of Catherine of Aragon and Nikola Tesla

pretty weak desu

April 27
1565 1st Spanish settlement in Philippines forms at Cebu City
1865 Steamboat "SS Sultana" explodes in the Mississippi River, killing up to 1,800 of the 2,427 passengers in the greatest maritime disaster in United States history. Most were paroled Union POWs on their way home.
1904 The Australian Labor Party under Chris Watson becomes the first Labour government in the world
1945 Italian partisans capture Benito Mussolini at Dongo (Lake Como)
2005 The Superjumbo jet aircraft Airbus A380 makes its first flight from Toulouse, France

>almost a quarter million people die in an earthquake in Syria
>15 thousand people die in a flood in Germany And Denmark
>300 thousand die in an earthquake in India
>Second Vatican Council is convened
>Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain skipped this day in 1582 because of the Gregorian calendar or something
Am I cursed?

June 28:
>1389 Ottomans defeat Serbian army in the bloody Battle of Kosovo, opening the way for the Ottoman conquest of Southeastern Europe
>1519 King Carlos I elected Holy Roman Catholic Emperor Charles V
>1838 Coronation of Queen Victoria in Westminster Abbey, London
>1914 Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip at 10.45, the casus belli of WWI
>1919 Treaty of Versailles, ending WWI and establishing the League of Nations, is signed in France
Most poilu birthday

December 26th
>1492 1st Spanish settlement La Navidad (modern Môle-Saint-Nicolas) in the New World is founded by Christopher Columbus
>1792 Trial of French King Louis XVI, court hears the kings defense brought by Raymond Desèze
>1825 Decembrist uprising in Russia against Tsar Nicholas I begins [O.S. 14 December]
>1860 First ever inter-club football match between Hallam F.C. and Sheffield F.C. at Sandygate Road ground in Sheffield, England
>2004 9.3 magnitude earthquake creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Maldives and edges of the Indian Ocean, killing 230,000 people

Literally nothing

>Pearl harbor
Good
America delenda est

January 23th
>NOTHING, ever
>Except fucking Honorius being made a co-emperor
A-at least I was always the oldest in the class, I suppose

August 2nd

>338 BCMacedonian army led by Philip II defeats combined forces of Athens and Thebes in the Battle of Chaeronea, securing Macedonian hegemony in Greece and the Aegean

>216 BCSecond Punic War: Battle of Cannae - Carthaginian army lead by Hannibal defeats numerically superior Roman army under command consuls Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Terentius Varro

>1776Formal signing of the US Declaration of Independence by 56 people (date most accepted by modern historians)

>17901st US census conducted, the population was 3,939,214 including 697,624 slaves

>1832Battle of Bad Axe, Wisconsin: 1,300 Illinois militia defeat Sauk & Fox Native Americans ending the Black Hawk War in the US

>1858Government of India transferred from East India Company to the British Crown

>1937Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 is passed in America, essentially rendering marijuana and all its by-products illegal

BASED

Also the day Napoleon was declared consul for life

Huh. Not bad. Some good shit here.

Ah, sorry Canada. We cool?

Sorry to hear that user. Maybe next time?