Diddly

Hi

Yesterday I did my first deadlift after a year of lifting and it felt pretty good man, 50kg/110lbs 8 sets - 4 reps , normal grip , legs a little wider than shoulder width , straight back , quite proper form if I might say so.

Today I woke up with my hamstrings feeling sore as fugg and my lombars are totally fine, not sore, also my spine doesn't hurt so it all went well I suppose.

The thing is I didn't bend my legs as much as I think I was supposed to and my deadlift was kind of like a stiff leg deadlift but slightly bent knees, I dunno.

I'm 6'0" if this matters.

Did I not do it properly?

Explain pls.

whyd you post such a question

you did a hamstring exercise in a form thats conductive to engaging the hamstrings, that's why they're sore.

put in some effort dude.

you have such a pussy attitude i can already tell you won't make it

Don't do 8 sets of deadlift..

>STARTING WITH LESS THAN 1 PLATE
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But I don't get it dude , I felt like the form was proper and all , but in the end only my hamstrings were sore and my lombars not , my aim was to hit the lombars.

I was just testing the waters , I'll deadlift way more in the future , but I just need advice mang..

what is better for heavy weights? straps or mixed grip?

My mistake , i meant 8 reps - 4 sets

>OP YOU NEED TO INJURE YOURSELF AND GIVE UP ON EXERCISE SO YOU CAN BE FAT LIKE ME

Alright can I have a proper explaination ?

My deadlift was kinda stiff legged , with a slight bent as i mentioned and my hamstrings were targeted more than my lombars , I just want to know if I did anything wrong .

you're a fucking faggot

Thank you for your help friend.

this desu, your a giant faggot OP

deadlift more, your back seems to be much stronger than your legs, i had the same problem, nowadays i just get sore when i try new prs for many reps
regular grip, no straps, for me it works just fine, you won't compete or anything, so just stick with regular shit so you can progress doing it right
nothing wrong, just weak hamstrings, watch some tutorials if you have some doubt or watch some bradley martyn videos about deadlifting

Thanks man , may good gains come to you

your legs should be inside your shoulders on a conventional deadlift.

so that your arms reach straight down where they meet the bar.

look up a proper deadlift setup, you obviously dont know what you're doing

Are you not supposed to get back DOMS after deadlifting?

>g-guys my hamstrings are sore, because i did a romanian deadlift instead of a conventional one
>what did i do wrong?

are you really this retarded?

not really. your back should be in isometric contraction during the deadlift, and it's mostly eccentric contraction that causes soreness.

Shit really? My upper and lower back gets really sore. I don't deadlift that often though, Once a week at most, sometimes less, could that make it worse?

I don't think you should worry about. some soreness is expected when you lift heavy, but in general you can expect more soreness in muscle groups that are under eccentric contraction.

But 1pl8 is 90lbs total, he clearly wrote he did 110lbs total, so he was over 1pl8

But 1 plate is 45lbs, 2 plates is 90lbs. He did 2 pl8.

Huh?yeah one single plate is 45lbs but isnt 1pl8 "the bar loaded with 1pl8 at each side"?

¿Wtf I was wrong all this time? For me
1pl8=90lbs
2pl8=180lbs
etc etc

No 1 pl8 is is 45 + 45 +45(bar) = 135

2pl8 is 225

Oh my god... You're so weak that your ratios are all fucked.

Some people have imbalances like traps, grip, etc lagging. Yours is your legs.

Holy shit.

>Keep lifting though
>Don't let being weak discourage you

You're possibly doing it wrong or your back is extremely weak. When I first started I got back doms,but I slightly corrected my form and continued to workout and never feel it in my back now.

kek

pls be bait

go double overhand until you can hold it
mixed when you have problems with double overhand

straps when even mixed doesnt help

dont use straps for light shit, train you grip and milk those forearm gains

You'll need heavier weight

This has to be bait.
Youve been lifting for a year and you just did your first deadlift at 50kg?
You dont know the difference between a regular dl and rumenian?
What exactly were you lifting this whole time? 5kg curls for a year?

muscle synchronous cunt
didn't engage your erection
therefor your erectors aren't fucked.
Just do some DORSAL RAISES cunt if you don't feel it next time cunt
cunt

>green plates are 25lbs
>250+250+45=545 diddly
Why not use a few reds?

>he counts the bar
Tell me, how much do you add for pull ups?

If I put a bar under my legs I'd count that for pullups dumbass.

The amount of reps x 9.8 (acceleration of gravity in m/s^2)

so if you do 10 reps you actually did 98 reps.

Okay, you're new to this so i'll tell you before you embarass yourself on Veeky Forums:

The only deadlift max that actually counts is your overhand grip deadlift. That's both hands overhand, not mixed.

Did you pull 110 mixed? That's an inflated number typically used by DYEL, much like the mixed grip, to seem stronger than they are.

The problem with this is that if you post your inflated noobgrip DL max when asking for advice people might give you advice way beyond your level of lifting, and that's a one way ticket to snap city, senpai.

Grip strength, what the fuck can you do to get it better ?? my hands sweat like hell and on 140kg the bar starts slipping, i use chalk then i can get to 150 before it slips

Try dead hangs for time at the end of every session. Go for as long as you can x 4, got me to break my last platue.