Some dude who cucked by Jesus

bump out of interest

cool as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=L0tBB9W506g

> muh warrior cult
xtianity got all the chicks

>that scorpion that stings the bulls balls

That's not Yawhism nor Amorite religion tho

I'm writing an urban fantasy novel about Mithras. I'm hoping it brings about new interest in him. It's a piss-off that there's so little information to work with.

I have the same name as him

me too. wanna hang out and rub peenors?

tertullian.org/rpearse/mithras/display.php?page=about

sure

I already wrote weird fiction short stories involving Mithras, and I couldn't find any interested literary agent. My literate friends said it ranks with the best of Lovecraft and Machen, yet I couldn't find an interested literary agent...

I like how you think that they weren't just trying to be nice to you. Keep on keeping on my man.

You haven't even read the short stories, you arrogant fuckhead, so how can you make any valid assessment? Go to hell.

For all the brainlets who think Jesus=Mithras
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xlF0gVedODE

Isn't Mithras just another name for Sol Invictus? Or am I confused, this whole 'late roman paganism' phase is really out of my era of knowledge.

Was Sol Invictus and other new gods replacing the traditional pantheon, or what? Somebody explain what was going on to me.

I love discussing Christianity!

Anonism. It's a cult about me, user.
Confess yours sins and hopes to me.

So many parallels
So little time

Jainism

I accidentally shoplifted gum once

Do you ever stop and think about how different your life would have been had you not done that?

wtf, I would be afraid to hurt the cat doing that. And also that's gross.

Anybody know anything about this?

It is gross but they are held like that by their mums, it doesn't hurt them

Mithras was a roman adaptation of the Persian deity Mithra and was popular among Roman soldiers starting in he 1st century AD.
The Cult of Sol Invictus was a revival of the previously declining Sol cult (which was also conflated with the adopted Syrian god Elagabalus) in 274 by Aurelian.

I forgot, do we know what the bull-killing motif stands for symbolically?

Further question, was the Roman version of Mithras worship any different from the original Persian?

Further further question, how did Mithras worship in Persia tie into Zoroastrianism? Was the average Persian likely to worship Mithras by himself or was he a natural extension of the Zoroastrian tradition?

Not that user, but how about posting a sample so an assessment may be made, and so that user doesn't have to go to hell?

Sol Invictus is a revival of the Greco-Roman deity Apollo, and kind of rebranded as a supreme deity to compete with the Christian God.

Mithras was a mystery cult that acted something like the Masons and Scientology does today. You had to donate your way to the top of the pyramid. Each rung up the ladder revealed more elaborate ceremonies, "secrets" and stories about Mithras. Mithras was a corrupted version of an Indo-European divinity named Mithra. The symbolism of him slaughtering the bull is an old religious motif of Indo-European religions. Romans would recognize bull sacrifice as being related to their own ancient (indo-european) customs. Why he emerged as a symbol for the cult could have something to do with his role as the Guardian of Cattle, among other things.

For modern examples of bull symbolism in the Indo-European world see: Spain's various bullfighting rituals and India's reverence of bulls.

youtube.com/watch?v=w07XH_j3L2U

1. The bull represents the primordial beast which is killed in the Zoroastrian creation myth, and from its marrow and organs the world is repopulated with life.
2. It seems to be quite different as Mithra was a divinity, and not a deity. But there are many aspects of Roman Mithraism that remain a mystery.
3. Mithraism and Zoroastrianism tie together in that they are both descended from proto-Indo-European rituals and beliefs.

youtube.com/watch?v=BS4D95ejpl0

Aren't a lot of the angels in Zoroastrianism also deities in Iran before Zoroaster made his religion?