How do I cook this and make it taste good? I have a skillet but I have no idea what to do

How do I cook this and make it taste good? I have a skillet but I have no idea what to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA
yumasia.co.uk/all-zojirushi-products/ysq18?sort=p.price&order=DESC
yumasia.co.uk/all-zojirushi-products/ysq18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Awoooooo ~

literally
make sure chicken is defrosted, put some oil or butter in a frying pan, let it get hot enough, put chicken (lower the heat first), fry from both sides, remove, eat.

Look up chicken breast recipes on youtube

If you're new to cooking also make sure watch a video on how to butterfly the meat so you don't undercook it.

>Hurr how do I do $simpleTask??!!1one!!

Google it you fucking cretin

option 1. curry the fuck out of it
So marinate it in olive oil a little sea salt and a little too much curry, and a dash of cumin
Put in skillet with olive oil or sesame seed oil.
7 minutes each side.

option 2. garlic the fuck out of it.
See above but replace curry with garlic.

option 3. bacon the fuck out of it.
see above, but skip the garlic or curry. put a piece of bacon on each filet. when you flip.. put the back on top of the new side.

Option 4. grill the fuck out of it.
Grill it. It will taste better. The end

>Put it in the oven
>Put it on a grill
>Put it under a broiler
>Pan fry it

OP,

I used to wonder the best way to cook it too. Something so simple even can seem overwhelming, I know.

Since then, I've cooked many chicken breasts.

IMO the best way is to first grab a cutting board and cut the raw chicken into bite-sized pieces.

Then spray some cooking spray on your skillet, heat up your stovetop burner to medium heat and throw your chicken on.

Then throw the raw chicken on. Flip occasionally. After 10-15 minutes it should start to look golden brown. There, it's done.

For the best results in the future I'd get a George Forman grill. That way you don't have to use cooking spray. And it cooks it faster and more healthy.

>Add salt and pepper
>Add some sort of seasoning
>Put in over until 74c

>add cock sauce as needed

I see they're all giving you some high end recipes so I'll give you the most simple one, I call it "got nothing else on me" recipe.

>cut breasts on boxes
>heat oil in a pan
>fry them bitches
>season
>eat

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

How do you go about defrosting them

Quick:
Microwave for a few minutes at low power(30%)
When it's half-thawed is the best time to cut it, so do that

Slow:
Move it from the freezer to the refrigerator and come back in 8 hours

You have to go back

Also do you not cook the broccoli first and then add it? or is just microwaving it along with everything else ok.

drop the tits, start buying thighs.

sear skin in your skillet at high heat, crust that fucker up. turn the heat off, flip that fucker over. sprinkle some salt/pepper on your newly-browned skin. pour about a cup of chicken stock in your pan. stick that sucker in a 390 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. if you're not retarded, you'll have a nice, crispy, golden/brown skin and perfectly tender meat. the whole process should take thirty minutes. plus you can start rice right after you put the chicken in the oven and it should be done at the exact time your chicken is done.

alternately, start buying curry paste.

OP here, thanks for all the help lads. Currently defrosting the chicken and then I'll dice it up and put it on the skillet. Seems easy enough!

Yeah, it'll probably be gross. You need to look into seasoning and marinating. Chicken breast is usually pretty tough, it typically needs to marinate in something acidic to become tender. Sometimes just cooking it in something acidic will work though, but if you're just going to cook it in butter, blech.

do you flip chicken breasts in the oven?

>buy some type of sauce
>throw it all over it

I cut it into pieces raw, fry it in coconut oil and garlic, then add some red pepper flakes after.

I just cook it with soy sauce and either butter or coconut oil. Not that hard

OP again I seasoned it with pepper and a little salt and put it on the skillet until it was golden brown on the outside and white on the inside and it tastes fucking amazing holy shit I'm so relieved it turned out so well

Good job kiddo

Post more cute anime pictures to celebrate with us.

I just cook it in the cooking pan then add Texas Pete and rice.

hooray!

butterfly, lemon juice and grill/broil. stick in a sandwich with salad.

simple but great

yo this sounds dope

Preheat oven to 200c. Dump 2 breasts in a casserole dish. 1/2cup of water, 1cup brown rice. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup. Cook for 2hours

it's pretty much foolproof. my life changed forever when i started buying chicken thighs. they are so much more tender, juicy and flavorful than breasts. and they're generally cheaper.

Oh bud so many different ways.
Learn to love seasoning.
lemon pepper one night, some Cajun the other.
Throw er in a stir fry. Or have it alone with some sweet potatoes and veggies.

Also have more fat and less in protein.

>not adding cock sauce to your food
Its what makes my chicken fettuccine alfredo so deliciously creamy

you can trim them to your liking. and a little extra fat isn't going to hurt you.

i feel like if we're talking about being pragmatic about our protein sources, we should all just give up and eat bugs. chicken breast is fucking boring, and i can only imagine that an extremely boring person could stand to eat it exclusively.

Does anyone have a rice cooker? Do you like it? I was thinking of getting one there pretty cheap and I really like rice but hate babying it. Is rice a Veeky Forums approved.

rice cookers are a meme, desu. you can cook rice perfectly in a saucepan.

>1 part rice
>1.5 parts water
>bring water to boil
>dump in rice
>turn off heat
>let sit 15 minutes

wa-la, perfect rice. fluff with a fork and laugh at people who use redundant kitchen tech.

I got a nice small rice cooker from walmart with non-stick coating for $20. It's fucking great, easy to use/clean. Definitely worth it, use it almost daily.

And yeah rice is a good carb source.

Chop it up into smaller strips
Place in bowl
Now add stuff in the bowl (idk the measurements so just eye it)
>Minced garlic
>1 or 2 of those Goya seasoning packets
>Onion powder
>Chili powder
>Salt
>Black pepper
>White pepper
>A few crushed cardamom pods
>Splash of vinegar or pickle juice
>Some olive oil
Now stir that shit up untill all the spices are combined and it's all one color
Leave it in a fridge for a few hours
Then when ur ready throw it on a grill or sear it or bake it or bread and fry if your bulking do whatever
If u wanna make a meal add some potatoes, roasted peppers and onions, roasted cauliflower or any vegetable.

I have it. I like putting rice cooker on and going to shower after exercise. It makes life a lot easier. Also it makes better rice.

This sounds really good

you cant make chicken taste good. fucking cookiecutter pussy

>Salt and pepper both sides of the titty
>Skillet on burner, medium high heat
>Periodically put droplets of water in skillet
>Once they dance around the pan, drop heat to medium low and throw in your titty
>Cook side for one minute, drop heat to super low and flip the titty over
>Put lid in skillet and cook titty on super low for 10 min
>Pull the skillet off the heat and let it sit for another 10 min
>DON'T TAKE THE LID OFF, DON'T MOVE THE TITTY, DON'T DO SHIT!!!
>After the 10 min rest your titty is good to go

Or you could buy a cheap rice cooker and set it and forget it and stop sucking big black cock you hipster ass faggot.

>*BRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

leave it in lukewarm water

>set it and forget it

what part of "bring water to a boil, put rice in, turn off heat and leave for 15 minutes" didn't you understand? the prep for using a rice cooker is basically the same, and you don't have a useless gadget crowding up your kitchen.

>imgur.com/a/5nbmA
Holy shit this is a goldmine.

"bring water to a boil point"

is english your native tongue?

what game is this?

No. There is a reason Japanese use rice cooker.

This but put salt on the skin and Pat with a towel before because salt draws out moisture and less moisture= more crispy

Final Fantasy XV.

can they not boil water?

Because rice cooker makes better rice.

you're a cooking invalid if you can't make perfect rice on a stovetop. sorry you're retarded, bro.

Breasts aren't boring tho
They are awesome because they are a blank slate
If you're creative you can do so much with chicken breasts.

"look at me I don't use a rice cooker I cook rice the TRADITIONAL way screw all of these retards that use a method that's much easier and can be done by simply turning the thing on!"

Bet you don't "clutter" your kitchen with a slow cooker/crock pot either you fucking faggot.

that's fair, but the same could be said of tofu, which is way cheaper anyway.

it's not a traditional vs modern thing. it's not a hipster thing. it's a you sucking at basic culinary techniques thing.

Cooking rice is as simple as boiling water. The fact that it's so simple is the reason why people use a rice cooker. It removes all thought from it and allows you to use your stove-top for anything/everything else you're cooking.

>it's a you sucking at basic culinary techniques thing.
>it's not a hipster thing.
LOL. You call boiling a pot of water and chucking rice in it a "basic culinary technique" and you claim you're not a Veeky Forums hipster. Good one senpai.

yeah, boiling water and putting rice in it is a basic culinary technique. you sure got me.

i bet you own a slapchop too eyyyyy

Tofu is also great tho, try wearing it until it's crispy, or putting it in soup
I love thighs a lot but if we're trying to get Veeky Forums breasts are the better option in every

oven at 325, 20-25 mins

meanwhile, sautee some spinach and garlic in olive oil to eat it with, salt and peppered to taste, optional sauteed onions

i guess if you're really strict about your diet, to the point where eating is work in and of itself, sure. i've had good chicken breast. i've just had way more mediocre chicken breast.

tofu is great too, i like it in soups.

literally how the fuck do u mess up in cooking chicken breast of all things? is this board filled with young white girls?

Cooking rice in a saucepan and in a rice cooker is the same thing, takes the same amount of effort, has the same result
If you can do it on a stove top not have to buy a rice cooker and have extra counter top space great
If you want the extra burner then get a rice cooker

user, plain chicken breast feels like eating chalk after a few weeks. They just want to know how to keep it flavorful and juicy

microwaving should be fine, itll basically steam it from the inside out

How do I defrost chicken breasts fast?
I don't wanna wait hours before I can eat

i like chicken thighs, too, but chicken fat is pretty shit for you. polyunsaturated omega-6 garbage. if theres any fat to cut down on, its this.

let them sit in cool/tepid water for a half hour

plan your life better

I guess you have never been in asian restaurant.

frying in a skillet unbreaded always ends up tough for me, but its always nice and tender doing

i worked in a thai restaurant. only reason they used a rice cooker was because they made kilograms of rice at a time. if you are cooking rice for yourself or a few people, stovetop and rice cooker are exactly the same.

You can't compare rice cooked in a saucepan with a rice cooked in a rice cooker. They are completely different.

My go-to recipe for chicken is to marinade with 1 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup olive oil, some cilantro and a few cloves of minced garlic. Marinade for at least 3 hours for best flavor.

Throw it on the grill if youre a member of the master race, or use a stove/whatever else

Put a bit of cilantro on top after its cooked, and bam you got delicious lemony chicken that stays moist because of the oil. I can (and have) eaten that shit every day for weeks

you would fail a blind test, i guarantee you. it's your time, spend it how you would like. just understand that pragmatism is a virtue.

It is not about the taste. It is about the texture of rice. Anyone eating rice daily could tell the difference.

The is an even esier way

If ou use 2/1 water/rice ratio you can cook with cold water and in 20 min

Zojirushi master race reporting in. Rice cookers are the tits. Mine has literally 2 settings:
>cook
>keep warm

Add x cups of rice and fill it with water up to x line. Keeps for a solid 5-6 days before it starts to get yellowish.

Finally someone sensible. That brand has the best rice cookers. And this one is the best of the best.
yumasia.co.uk/all-zojirushi-products/ysq18?sort=p.price&order=DESC

>yumasia.co.uk/all-zojirushi-products/ysq18
>£309

>yumasia.co.uk/all-zojirushi-products/ysq18?sort=p.price&order=DESC

$300+ to cook rice, I can't even...

There you go rice plebs.

Wow thanks user