Is yoga the ultimate red pill? I honestly think it's the best decision I've ever made

Is yoga the ultimate red pill? I honestly think it's the best decision I've ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTWmShwoTUo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC
youtube.com/channel/UCo3GoRLFsOehQ4tIoKZHzNA
youtube.com/channel/UCX32D3gKXENrhOXdZjWWtMA
youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283SxchA
youtube.com/channel/UC2ZEmNa1Q2yottu4fn3Ok7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kJjfle7CEwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did you start? Would love to try it because my flexibility is awful but every time I google something along the lines of starting/beginner yoga I get overwhelmed with all the different info and don't know what's the proper way to begin.

If your gym offers free instructor classes, do one. Most are basically fitness trainer level of memes, but they know proper stretches and can show you how to stretch different muscles you worked that week. Just as most fitness trainers might give you a shit routine, but they will ensure that you have good form and aren't hurting yourself.

That or find a good physical therapist that knows yoga, because they'll show you what you need to do for YOUR body.

The blissfulness to time ratio is actually much worse than for lifting. If you've got nothing going for you and too much time then OK do it it feels nice but if you have to actually manage your time then don't do yoga instead of lifting.

Best part about yoga is you can do 20 minutes at home before bed and it'll still be beneficial.

You must not be home gym master race?

nigga, you're on Veeky Forums. don't act like you don't have free time. Nobody is saying do yoga and don't lift.

No need to project your own loserness on other people you share a pastime with. Some of us do have a career.

No, I got to a gym, but even if you have a home gym you can do 20 minutes of yoga after your post-workout shake and before your shower/before bed. 20 minutes is nothing bro.

Maybe you could watch some youtube videos to get you started, then you could eventually develop your own routine, cutting out all the mantra bullshit and work on what suits you.

Fuck, you sound like those faggots that don't lift and blame their careers.

>I work 40 hours a week, I simply don't have the time and energy for the gym

Meanwhile I was in college, working full time, and still found time for the gym. We're telling you to do 20 minutes in front of the TV or computer, or in the bedroom, or fucking wherever. If you have time to lift, you have time to stretch for a little bit. Fuck, I go to my gym's sauna (which is disgusting btw) and stretch out in there. Like, lay a towel down and fucking stretch bro. Not on the floor, but on the seat, get a good pectoral/back stretch going in the heat, feels amazing.

20 minutes bro. You got time for it, trust me, I know you do.

Of course you should stretch. Although the deep relaxation and whatever they call it flow that are so nice about yoga need a little more time in my experience.

Lifting is superior is all I'm saying. I only did yoga for 3-4 years. My personal experience is that the mobility and relaxation attained through yoga is temporary, I guess because for a large part you stretch your muscles and then with time they contract again. With lifting you create balance between agonists and antagonists and you get lasting muscular balance and a healthy lasting degree of mobility.

Also with lifting you separate cardio and strength training, which makes sense in my experience. With yoga you do both at once (depending on your style possibly also neither) resulting in less focus on one aspect of physical fitness and overall weaker results.

But whatever yeah do yoga it's nice. Just be sure your incense matches your henna I guess... :-D

yeah its great and is super complimentary to lifting. The increased flexibility makes a huge difference to big lifts.

here's a good yoga routine for beginners if you are so inclined

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTWmShwoTUo

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC

This is how I got into yoga. Highly recommend it. Basically every rest day or occasionally before going to bed I'd do a session. All you need is a screen with speakers and a decent amount of space to move around in. I did it infront of my living room TV.

Can't wait till my next course starts in two weeks.

Also I was the only man in the course with 10 flexible, attractive girls. Of course I only wore tank tops, showing my gym gains.

Thanks for the advice anons
Came on here like a minute after you posted this, great timing. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you user.

Yoga has improved my relation with my body more than lifting ever did. Also it's made it such a more comfortable place to be in.

some channels I like, they all got beginner and more advanced things

Yoga with Tim youtube.com/channel/UCo3GoRLFsOehQ4tIoKZHzNA

Kassandra youtube.com/channel/UCX32D3gKXENrhOXdZjWWtMA

Adrienne youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283SxchA

DoYogaWithMe
youtube.com/channel/UC2ZEmNa1Q2yottu4fn3Ok7Q

I started with her yoga camp too. It's really good, and I've been doing it ever since.

Fuck that noise. Tim is your go to yoga instructor.

youtube.com/watch?v=kJjfle7CEwI

Why do you fags refer to everything you like as a red pill?

Is it normal to have a tough time just sitting back on my heels? Wtf

would fug Adriene tho

get woke