>Historically qt couples

Also if England and Portugal were romantically in love people who would be the guy and who would be the girl and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Land-That-England-Lost-Relationship/dp/1850434913
amazon.com/Replenishing-Earth-Settler-Revolution-Angloworld/dp/0199604541
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781444306613.ch1/summary
youtu.be/YhTrmYzp4gE
youtu.be/SnOvB9ucgNM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–Netherlands_relations
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark–Netherlands_relations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>portuGAL
Lesbian relationship. RL lesbianism, neither is looking good. Portugal is a tad more butch though as Britannia always has to show off and puts on a lot of make up. Well, honestly she has to.

Who's their adopted child?

Maybe the UK would be the guy, he used to have a really nice job and everything but hasnt aged well but neither has Portugal. Now they are that old couple that just stays with each other because thats what they have been doing for so long.

>England and Portugal
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

England would be the woman because they are passive homosexuals.
Portugal would be the cucked husband, because he is always at sea.
Eventually Slapperstan would divorce the poor fucking sailor man and cop off with a really nasty, dirty junkie who eats his young, begs her for money all the time and probably has syphilis from pumping froggy.

polandball sucks bollock sweat but this is correct

Argentina and the UK.
1825 - 1943
The "Honorary Dominion" Era.

When Argentina was the "Granary of the World", Britain's main supplier of beef and wheat, and Britain was the main foreign investor, supplying capital and immigrants.

Hard to believe what once were such close allies would end up fighting such a petty war.

>Be me
>English history buff studying STEM
>Portuguese qt on course
>She tells me about Salazar (inspiration for Slytherin founder apparently), Os Lusíadas and cooks Portuguese things
>tfw the other day she said she was my gf
>tfw I now smile at this saved image from shitposting on Veeky Forums
feels bom man

Portugal didn't betray Rhodesia, it just got fucked with a communist coup and couldn't help them any more

>couldn't help them any more
couldn't or refused to crush the coup and gave up before trying?

I have autism, and I don't understand what you intended to imply.
Would you please explain using words?

to clarify, I had meant give up on trying to stop the commie coup.

You made it brah

>gave up before trying?

The capital´s surrounding sea was filled with NATO´s ships

I honestly didn't know about this whatosever as a brit - can you recommend anywhere I can read about this relationship further?

obligatory >tfw no argie bf to bully you about las malvinas

Sure, here are a couple of books about it

amazon.com/Land-That-England-Lost-Relationship/dp/1850434913
amazon.com/Replenishing-Earth-Settler-Revolution-Angloworld/dp/0199604541
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781444306613.ch1/summary

Up to the 1940s more British capital was invested in Argentina than in actual Dominions like Australia or South Africa... even Harrods had its only branch outside of London in Buenos Aires

Also, there were so many Argentine RAF volunteers in WW2 they even had their own squadrons.

Legitimately our closest ally.

C U L T U R A L . E X C H A N G E

Lesbo.

americans are cringe

worst alliance ever

Your just jealous that the closest thing your nation has to a waifu is karl marx.

Argentina was relatively prosperous in this era also with many anticipating a similar trend in development to Canada and the United States, which makes sense, a temperate environment, virgin soil, vast natural resources, well educated and westernized populace. What went wrong? It is one of the most inexplicable failures in history.

>England
>Backstabing nations
Surprising uh?

god man this is so cringey

japanese do not like you fatasses

Yeah until the 1940s it was as wealthy as the USA or Australia in per capita GDP, with an educated population, one of the highest rates of car ownership in the world, receiving millions of European immigrants, fully integrated to the world economy, etc, etc... it was basically a Spanish-speaking Australia.

The short answer to your question is Peronism, which took over in 1946 and implemented fascist economics with none of the bloodshed. It closed off the economy to foreign trade, nationalized key industries, and begun fucking up with the existing free market system, just as the world was entering the post-war 1950s boom, causing the economy to stagnate while the rest of the world grew.

This was followed by political instability in the Cold War which made things worse - between 1860 and 1930 Argentina had enjoyed suffrage, continual Constitutional rule and not a single military coup or irregular transfer of power, always through elections, the judiciary was strong and independent, and rule of law and Republican government were upheld, which made it unique in Latin America.

But between 1930 and 1976 they made up for it - there were 5 military coups in 46 years.

However, since 1983 it's a consolidated democracy, I would say the country has bounced back and it's still a rather comfy place, but I agree it's a shadow of what it could have been.

youtu.be/YhTrmYzp4gE
youtu.be/SnOvB9ucgNM

>japanese do not like you fatasses
Japanse international marriage statistics say otherwise.
Americans are first after the koreans when it comes to husbands.
And if you ignore the influence of spic anchor babies marrying illegals, then asian-american marriages are the most common after ameri-euro marriages.

We like the japs, and the japs like us.

Yeah, but they like to eat armadillo and spread leprosy...

oh god this is embarrassing to read

like legit the sort of thing you find a weaboo on deviantart writing

the reason that is is because the us is a country of 300 million people. not because the japanese like you ogre people.

legit please stop this autism.

I don't think anyone seriously wanted thr Falklands war, as far as i can tell the Argentine Dictator just wanted some credit for winning a war against a (former) great power, and Thatcher at home wanted a war in order to gain from the blitz "Let's go rough up some argies i say old chap" camraderie.

Portugal was the pure maiden from a noble family
England was the nouveau rich seducer, he was only after the familys money after all
Also he was closet gay

Explain why us/jap marraiges are absurdly more common than us/canadian marriages.
There is only a difference of 9000 miles of probability between the two...

Patagonia seems so beautiful to live in desu. I also would love to go to that resort town in the far south there as it is the southernmost inhabited place on earth and seems like a beautiful vacation spot.

Similar to Mexico in that sense. It's so depressing to read about booming nations fucked up by autistic leaders.

Man, latin america had such a grim history in the 20th century.

I'm not too educated, but could you explain why the other south american states like Brazil and Colombia are still so fucked?

you´re not far from the truth, seriously

corruption/communism

taht doesn't mean the japanese like you fucking gremlins lmao. it's just that americans have creepy racial fetishism. japan has a population 6x that of canada.

Mexico was never rich though.. maybe in the 1700s... a whole another scale

Brazil and Colombia were never under communism, and weren't exactly nice places to live in before communism was a thing.

But they're corrupt shitholes, user.

>japanese women are indifferent to who they marry
Sure thing bud.

I have no idea of what the fuck you are talking about. Armadillos? Leprosy? This isn't the 19th century, take your trolling back to pol pls, we are having a nice thread here.

Why has corruption over taken them specifically? That;'s the conclusion, not the cause, isn't it?

Was it the bureaucratic system? massive resource exploitation?

Armadillos carry leprosy. Almost all cases of leprosy in humans are a result of armadillos and direct contact with the dumbass who ate undercooked armadillo.

The argentinians like grilled armadillo.

It's a pretty simple concept...

what are you even trying to imply here you fucking ogre lmao

no one likes america lol

on the other hand, american women are pretty big sluts.

el fuego mata todo, amigo

ellos no cocino propermente

wtf did you hear that? I live here and I can tell you nobody eats armadillo... googling for it I only get recipes from Ecuador and Colombia

*aron

when it comes to grilling animals, we are the best in the world

I can agree to that from a cultural penetration sense, but you like to play too fast and loose for my taste.

ALL COUNTRIES ARE GIRLS

gibraltar

Portugal helped more than england

Brazil was never very developed. We've had long hiatuses of null or lacking economic growth for the past 200 years

If you were to go back to when it was "world standard", or close to the US for instance, it'd be before both countries' independence

>Portugal help more than actively doing harm
Yes, and I like them for that. But they gave up and doomed rhodesia.
The Portuguese let the bush war turn into african vietnam.

Portugal can both be praised for lending aid and criticized for giving up right when they were needed most.

Yes but portugal also had their own fight to do, trying to keep their own colonial holdings.

They had zero responsability to rhodesia in the first place, and as soon as the brits decided not to help it was bye bye

This is inaccurate, surprise surprise

:3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–Netherlands_relations

we have an entire fucking province of Ukrainians

England never had a meaningful alliance with Portugal. Heck, I'd probably say they were enemies after England joined with the Netherlands.

Canada isn't a country.

Portugal honored a treaty from the 1300s during WW2, despite Salazar having sympathies for the Axis.

Israel. /pol/tards can fuck off, they are based as fuck.

We are talking about real countries here, bro

The frogs and the bongs. It's been a bizarre relationship. They've been married and divorced a dozen times or so. They're both bisexual and the very definition of transgender, and infidelity is the norm. It's anybody's guess which is the guy or girl in a given month. You can imagine the depths of relational deviancy they explore, and AI will give them fresh avenues to get up to.

Culture. We have a culture of putting the well being of those in our circle above the well being of the nation. This leads to massive exploits of positions of power to mutually benefit whatever other friends you have that are also in power. And there's really no institucionalized way to stop this, as even the police and the judicial system have this culture, and put the benefit of those whom they like above the duty of the law.

That's how I interpret it, anyhow. It's really about culture. T. Brazilian

It's cute that you actually believe that such an adorable notion is the reason they didn't side with the Nazis.

England would be the sometimes abusive husband and Portugal the lovely girl who is gradually worn down by life after a bright start. But they still love each other deep down after everything that happened.

I'd also like to mention Germany's longstanding crush on Britain that has never been reciprocated.

Yeah Salazar realised that the continued existence of his regime and Portugal's empire and prosperity lay in Britain's hands. He didn't want to get involved in fighting though and was also allegedly instrumental in keeping Spain out of the war too (although it's entirely possible that this was simply because they'd just had a civil war).

England X France, tsundere relationship

>Ew you people are gross
>Us inbreds have a proud tradition of fucking each other in the butt and saying jolly ho
>This makes facts not real

Sorry sweetie, but it's an American world. You're just living in it

That's hot

>This makes facts not real

I literally explained your weird 'facts'. You literally just have a creepy obsession with asian women and your own masculinity. It's honestly a weird kind of wincing feeling reading these posts, since I'm just imagining a fat american trying to convince himself that a bunch of anime-like submissive women in japan lust after him because he's from idaho.

I always heard Japanese were pretty xenophobic and especially so to people who don't even have -_- eyes

They are. I have been to Japan multiple times.

It just makes it more embarrassing when 15 year old american kids fetishize them.

THIS

Thank you, captain obvious. I was calling the guy who thought the treaty was the reason Portugal sat out stupid, what did you think I was saying?

I was merely expanding on your point my good chum, no need to get angry.

very very cute

The reeking fat weebs walking around Akihabara with anime haircuts is 10/10 cringe material.

Brits are cool allies desu

you too portugal

Denmark was the Netherland's first love though. Though admittedly it was a bit if an abusive relationship as the Netherlands kept cheating on Denmark with Sweden.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark–Netherlands_relations

If Morocco and Portugal were to have a war, it would start WWIII

Proud of you Breh, Portuguese are bro/sis tier.