Be me

>be me
>"i should get Veeky Forums"
>can't go to the gym because i'm pretty weak, no skelly though + le anxiety meme (especially in that setting, I think it would feel really weird)
>nevermind, i have a bit of extra money, I'll just buy a shitty bench and free weights.
>it's fucking 500$
>b-but all you need is willpower user
Yeah right. I have absolutely no problem eating whatever the fuck I have to in whichever quantity I'm required to, and the pain/effort doesn't scare me, but I'll probably never be able to get Veeky Forums because apparently heavy plastic is so fucking expensive to make. Are you all millionaires or something? How the hell are you supposed to get started when you can't go to a gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/47905228
walmart.com/ip/27137654
target.com/p/marcy-utility-bench-sb-315/-/A-16688715
newyorkbarbells.com/96031.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But you can go to a gym. You're just scared. Everyone was nervous their first time, everyone starts somewhere yada yada yada.

You have to make the decision - do you care enough about getting fit to suffer through a few sessions of anxiety (until you realise there's fuck-all to be anxious about)? Cos if you can't make that simple step, no fucking way would you have the discipline to stick to a fitness regime.

Basically, if you care, man the fuck up and just go to the gym. It's not that bad.

lmao, the gym is literally full of autistic anxiety brahs, why do you think people lift?

stop being a bitch and get a membership, the con is you're weak, the pro you make fast gains. you start lifting now, 3 months down the road some bunny notices how much you progressed and sucks your dick.

in other words, do it faggot

I just googled this shit and picked the cheapest thing from the "sponsered" bar. You can definitely find these things cheaper if you look.

Shitty half rack - $169 walmart.com/ip/47905228
300lb weight set with olympic bar - $279 walmart.com/ip/27137654
Shitty bench - $40 target.com/p/marcy-utility-bench-sb-315/-/A-16688715

We're like $10 underbudget (use this to buy a pullup bar or some shit) and I haven't put ANY effort into finding good deals. If you're weak, 300lbs should easily last you long enough until you can afford more weights.

Oh, I misunderstood and thought you had $500 to blow. How much are you working with here, OP? I guarantee we can get you something decent enough to start out.

Or you could stop being a pussy and go to the gym.

no one gives a fuck about you in the gym. it's not some fight club and you're doing an initiation. the only way you can be noticed is if your form is completely terrible in some way which will injure you or damage the equipment. quit justifying not going

a 1 time payment of $500 for all the gym equipment is literally fucking nothing

jesus christ, fucking neets, kys.

Get a job or get mommy to pay for your gym membership

Do bodyweight exercises. Those cost nothing. They're not ideal, for sure, but you have literally zero excuse to be doing fuck all. You can get a pretty good body from pure bodyweights if you push yourself hard enough.

In the mean time, put away some money now and then to save for equipment. Its literally that easy.

Do you have a job? Get a job.

Also go to college if you're not already. A lot of schools have free gyms if you're a student. No fucking excuse if you're being provided a free gym and you get to escape poverty after 4 years.

I think OP is American, going to college is not going to bring him out of poverty in 4 years. Quite the opposite.

He just has to go to college for something not-autistic.

Do two years at a community college (very cheap. Almost free if you're a bit above average and/or a minority) then transfer to a decent but not amazing college to finish up. Do a STEM major. Probably about $35k in debt depending upon which colleges he goes to and if he gets any scholarships but he's almost guaranteed a job out of college and will easily start off making $50k+/yr.

No. user please don't listen to this retard.

Go to college if the job you want requires it but don't risk financial hardships and debt just for a free gym membership lmfao that's fucking retarded.

If you're really worried about what others will think, join planet fitness until you feel more confident. Sure they don't have everything but the whole place is build to shame people who shame others for bettering themselves so you're pretty safe there. No one will look at you, and many locations are open 24 hours so you can go at night. The basic package is only $10 a month so there's no way you can't afford that and i'm sure if it were for health if you do happen to live at home your parents can eat that cost as long as you get a job to support the cost of any supplements or whatever you want later on.

It's SOMETHING.

If not that, check out some free weights and at least start with that. You can do a lot with just those even if it's not the best and there's some sets on amazon for cheap (they might be shit quality but hey it'll get you started). They also sell space saving cardio machines (You should warm up with cardio always) for under $100 so that can work for you in the meantime if the gym is really too scary for you (I mean I'm the same, anxious as fuck but because i've been made fun of for being fat at the gym before and it sucks so until I get more confident and partway to my goal, I've been investing in cheap shit for my apartment for now. Do I expect them to last me years and years? No. But it'll be good enough if they at least last long enough to get me into a routine and so far, having it at the ready at home has helped not just me but my husband work out without feeling lethargic or discouraged about it (I mean he kept coming out to my desk today, hopping on my elliptical while he talked to me before heading back. Sure not a full workout but it's a start, man.

Obviously he shouldn't go to college solely for a fucking gym but if you're spaghetting at the prospect of dropping $500 to save money and anxiety in the long run, he obviously isn't in a very good place right now. Might as well start improving other areas of his life at the same time.

First off, even tho u think u eat loads, if you're a skeleton u eat fuckall. Secondly do callisthenics if you're a poor cunt. Eat and do it and you will on your way in no time. No excuses.

I went to the gym the first time today and it wasn't as bad as I thought, nobody laughs that you're not lifting heavy as fuck weights and the majority of them just nod at you or say hey and that's it

Some of us live on our own and 500 dollars would be hard as fuck to save up at one time because we have bills and rent etc

doesn't need to be $500 at once.
save up bit by bit and buy an item, then save up and by the next item, repeat until home gym master race

If your social anxiety is so bad that you refuse to step in a gym, focus on aorting out your mental health before trying to get Veeky Forums. Holy shit, people

How do you do this? I'm already 30 and refuse to pay a psychologist $100+/hr to talk to me once a week.

Take DMT or a large dose of mushrooms

It won't cure your anxiety or your depression but it will give you the mindset to overcome it or at the very least manage it

>>b-but all you need is willpower user
Yah maybe if you had some you wouldn't be afraid to go to the gym you giant fucking pussy

>Take DMT or a large dose of mushrooms
user, please; I don't want to die.

I'm going to send messages to the least attractive people I can find on dating websites. Hopefully that will help me.

Approval from land whales wont help you

>land whales
No, I'm not going to stoop that low. I'm talking about wonky eyes, busted teeth and poor skin -- things like that. I feel like knowing someone would like to spend time with me would make me feel better -- as if I'll find that, right? Yeah. I guess I'm fucked. I'm glad exercise can be done alone.

You cannot die from taking mushrooms or DMT

Maybe you should go back to school because your reading comprehension is shit. No one is suggesting he go to college just to get a gym membership.

If he cant spare a few hundred for any reason at all, he probably doesnt have an emergency fund. That means he should probably get a decent career before worrying about his fucking muscles, holy shit this board is full of dumb rejects. Have fun being fit and having your life fucked over at the next financial bump.

newyorkbarbells.com/96031.html

Open rack perfectly suited to your needs for $207

300 lb weight sets are around $250-$300 brand new, so buy a 110 lb weight set (weights + 7 foot Olympic bar) and a couple 45's whenever you can afford it.