QTDDTOT

Last one at 300+

I'm thinking about starting to train for olympics lifts on my off days. Best resources for learning proper technique, and what is the best lift for beginners to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/how-to-use-linear-periodization
youtu.be/FZ5twqhhaLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have the fitness shit down, but how do I stop wasting so much fucking time online? Is there ways I can make money or something that I can do, say, within the next five minutes?

pls nothing illegal

how do increase my bench press its the only lift that's stalling im stuck at 185 5X5 and i tried getting to 190 but i only did 4 reps

gay 4 pay bruh

how can i improve my dumbbell routine? currently:

romanian deadlift
flat bench press
standing overhead press
incline row
one arm tricep extension
hammer curl
weighted crunches

to progress i vary the reps. start off at 4x6, work up to 4x8, add weight, drop back to 4x6, work up to 4x8, etc.

Pendlay videos online. Cal strength when jon north and donny were still there and Spencer was still fat.

you don't LAY in bed, you LIE in bed

get a squat in there and do some lateral raises

i would work up to 12 reps as well

How do I push myself?

I want to consistently run/swim at a good speed but I find myself holding back to ensure I don't collapse/drown before my goal.

Also should I push just as hard when lifting?
I lift light with squats because posture and injuries but with Bench/OHP I try and go as heavy as I can while still completing the set.

Should I lift heavier and fail more often or should I keep my steady "no failure" pace?

5"10 at 169lbs
Still have some visible fat on my belly and bitch tits

How much more do I have to cut until I can start bulking?

Dude shut the fuck up I'm an honest man

Has whey made anyone else's stools darker?

the goal is progression, not necessarily pushing yourself to failure.

Some weeks you're going to be able to increase all lifts by 5 lbs. Some weeks you're going to stall and deload.

until your fat is gone.

I'm progressing decently on a bulk with olympic lifting thrown in. Gone from 150 to 175 lbs. A bit chubby - is there a way to slim down without losing my muscle mass? I can't exactly cut because my calorie maintenance is un-knowable, I train 7 days a week because my school schedule allows it.

That's fair. I'm just weak as shit and not seeing any real life improvement yet.

I mostly want to lift for aesthetics but I'm weak right now and hoped my noob gains would bring me to a somewhat decent level.

Doing Greyskull after fucking around with SS.

Don't change programs until you plateau. Building a good base of strength is important.

failure is when your rep speed slows down. Yeah you should get to that point every time.

>I can't exactly cut because my calorie maintenance is un-knowable
you don't actually believe that, do you?

>train 2x a day one day w/ legs and back
>burn 3500 cals
>train only arms next day
>burn 3k

I can know my resting rate approximately, but not active rate..

I highly doubt you burn 400 calories lifting unless you're training for 3 hours. And even if you do, saying you can't cut is retarded. You literally just experiment until you find something that works.

Bulking at 3500? Eat at 3000 and see if you lose a pound per week. No progress? Eat less.

It's not fucking hard.

I wanna stop being skinny fat and make it. Do I cut calories at the start to lose weight or stay the same/go up for gains? fuck being this ugly shape but I don't wanna go Auschwitz

It's your own choice. Skinnyfat is the worst mode to be in because it's not faster to either get stronger or lose fat.

Since you have no muscle or strength, you won't grow any until you have a better strength foundation (which requires more fat). You can also gain noob gains through regular lifting before gaining muscle while losing weight.

Personally I'd recommend cutting as long as you realize strength gains will be slow. I hate being fat more than anything.

K so I'm a noobie. 5feet7, 70kg. 60kg,80kg,115kg BSD. I'm moving to a new place, and won't be able to bring my micro weights with me due to luggage weight caps.

Anyway, point of my question is how do I progress without micro loading at my new gym? What are rep ranges that I should use so that I want to progress fairly quickly if I can increase weights in intervals of 5 kg?

I've been seeing good results with micro loading with GSLP. will I need to modify my program to something else. I can go to the gym 5-6 days a week.

Anybody ever have Veeky Forums tell them they're banned? Tried to post something in another thread here and it told me I was banned for posting cp in 2015. Obviously I'd never do that. I refreshed my browser and everything seems back to normal. Is the FBI coming for me brehs? Is prison my ticket to making it?

Does this works?

Most gyms I've been to have 1 or 2.5 kg plates. Just shop around, and at worst, buy some more.

sometimes it glitches out. I've gotten banned on /v/ for "instigating a flame war" and genuinely couldn't recall anything that would've been listed under that.

Heavy carries are much better imo but those work too to an extent.

Do you not use a static IP address?

Yeah. They have 2.5 kg plates which is why I can increase weight in intervals of 5 kg. Surely people found ways to progress w/o microweights though. If I use the 5-8 rep range, how would I increase reps? 555 - 556 - 566? Does this sound reasonable?

How do I body recomp

How many reps should I curl per set? 10? 15?

whenever I do ez bar curls standing up, as I lift the bar up, I get an aching pain in my right forearm muscles, but only the right forearm, and not the left. Any reason why? It doesn't feel normal

up your 185 reps. do 6x5. then 7x5. until you can do 190 5x5

what happens if you eat caloric surplus on lift days but have a deficit on rest days?

You'll make no progress since you're eating at a weekly maintenance.

do dumbbell rows and lat pull downs basically work the same muscles?
you can do one or the other and get the same results?

I smoke a cigarette/day before I go to sleep. How fucked are my gains?

nicotine and the ingredients in cigarette smoke don't directly impact recovery time or protein synthesis.

Doesn't mean it's not fucking terrible for you.

OK Veeky Forums, if anything in the following paragraph sounds like a meme it's honestly not I just don't know much about cutting.

What is the quickest and easiest way to cut body fat and keep muscle? Cheating or not. I'm thinking like, a 1 month shred or something would be awesome. I keep on fucking up my bulk I guess. I've made some gains but my default mode is creeping back in (skinnyfat) and it's discouraging. I don't want to cut for months though, I've done this before and it really set me back.

I am willing to take drugs. what do people usually take? DNP? yohimbine? I've seen those threads around before. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The first thing you need to know is unless you're competing professionally, you have absolutely no need to take DNP or yohimbine. It's fucking dangerous and should only be used in extreme cases.

If you're just trying to lose weight because you got fat, just bear it and cut. It won't kill you.

>keep muscle

very small cal deficit. it's the only way.

How long until my forearm splints will allow me to lift again? I don't want to lose my gains by sitting on a bench for a couple weeks

How much celery and/or carrots can I eat daily without it doing something bad to my body?

underrated post

unless you're literally grazing on them nonstop throughout the day I don't think you'll have an issue with it.

so 200-300 grams of one or the other should be fine. good to know.

so this last month ive been running texas method, at first i hated the damn thing but ive really come around and i like it quite a lot now. before that i was running 531
now, i was planning on going back to 531 when i go back to uni, but looking at the numbers I would be lifting i wonder if it's going to slow or stall my progress compared to TM. Specifically, my 1rm on squat is 325 right now. on TM my work weight on my volume day was 240 for 5x5 this last week. for 531 my sets would be 170/195/220x5. This just seems like a huge drop in weight and intensity. I know the 5/3/1 numbers are based off of the 90% training max and i get why, but i dont want to stall in progress or waste time if I could be making progress otherwise
i was making progress on 531 before, i only changed because TM was a better fit for me over break
am i just overthinking this? should I just keep doing TM? i need some advice anons help me i just wanna make it

I had a compartment release on my legs in September but whenever I wear socks with even a slightly tight elasticicated top on them (not sure how else to describe the top of a sock really) it leaves a massive mark on my legs to the point they concave inwards this means there is still a lot or at least some water retention there. Is this normal almost 4 months post surgery to have so much water retention?

been eating 1500cals a day
im 5'4'
135lbs
dropped about 50lbs
now im 15% bodyfat
I want to get swole and look nice
I still think i look fat
what do?
I started eating 2100 a day now. its been about a week
I do ice cream fitness as my routine because of school
I've posted a ton.
fit please help me
im drinking 4 shakes rn bc i forgot to eat.

Well, a current pic would probably help from our perspective. Dropping 50 lbs is definitely nothing to scoff at, good work m8.

I don't think I'd recommend bulking at 15%, but it all depends on what you want. If your goal is purely aesthetics, I'd recommend continuing to cut to about 11-12% and swapping to a bulk after a 2-week recomp.

yeah i would like aesthetics more so than strength.
So keep cutting at 1500?
I've been stuck at 135 and 15%
Should I just relax? and keep doing what I've been doing?

if you're stalling with weight loss, it could be attributed to a million things. Honestly if you've been eating at a deficit for a long time I'd recommend taking a break for a few weeks, maybe a month if necessary. Stress definitely factors into weight loss and getting freaked out about it when nothing is happening is no way to live.

Obviously don't ignore your health and macros, but keep lifting and eat at maintenance for a bit. Otherwise just keep doing what you're doing.

that was my plan yeah
maintenance until after valentines day and see how it goes.
I really want to look nice. Been a fat kid all my life now that im thinner bc of diet and lifting I want to build more muscle and look nice and big Like tinytrip maybe. Or even like Billy Harington lol. Being a manlet worrys me though with all the stigma here about manlets and such i really feel insecure and lost.

Posted in other thread but I'll post here for second opinion
I'm a mega skeleton and want to fix that this year
I can join a gym, problem is I have basically no strength and am very deconditioned
Any recommendations ?

Can I do pushups/pullups/situps everyday?

I have a weak core and wrists which has interfered with my workouts on and off. I wanted to try something different this year and essentially do a daily workout that just increases each day to see if I can increase the amount of pushups/situps/pullups.

I've been doing.
1 pushup
1 situp
1 second plank and side plank

1 pull up
1 over handed pull up

My plan was to do this everyday, and then after 3 days increase it by +1 except for the pullups to increase +1 per week.

So today I did 3 of each and 2 pullups. I was thinking I could just keep this up all year since Im starting slow and easing my way into it.

Will this work or do I need to take breaks?

Well right now you are doing basically nothing. In 3 months you will be doing 100pushups daily. You will need time to recover. YOU WILL eventually fail a day though. It will probably be soon, desu. Start taking rest days when that happens. Also, up your plank. I'm heavy and don't even feel it until like 30seconds in.

bodyweight exercises to gain a strong foundation.

otherwise you're likely to hurt yourself with shit form.

What cardio can I do if it's snowing outside and my home is unequipped?

Any recommended routines?
Thanks user

shovel snow

Jumping jacks

Lol, that is fucking nothing, you could eat 10 times amount

How fucking spoon-fed do you faggot want to be? What do you think you do when doing bodyweight? You do shit like pushups

grill here
>21
>57kg/125lb
>5'2" (mfw womanlet)

after almost a year of training (mostly upper body cos hurr durr skip legs meme), I tested my maxes today

why is my squat higher than my deadlift?
stats:
>deadlift: 67,5kg
>squat: 72,5kg
>ohp: 32,5kg

what can I do to improve upper body strength?

should i buy whey protein from myprotein or bulkpowders? also what flavor?

Welp, my wrist is fucked. Anything that puts any pressure at all on my wrist is out, probably for at least a month if not more.

My question is. Wat do to not lose all of my gains?

I think I pulled something. I feel dull pain right where my heart is (but the muscle or whatever is on top if it, not my actual heart). It's been hurting for a while now but today it started hurting more after benching and doing those ab twist exercises with a weight.

What could I be doing wrong? And what could I have pulled?

prolific.ac

Take part in online studies for cash. Very quick easy studies for some spare change.

Other than that I recommend learning how to code. You still get to sit in front of a computer but instead of wasting time you'll be gathering knowledge. Devs get paid very well too.

How exactly is it fucked? What you can do depends on how it's injured.

Try doing exercises which don't require bending your wrist. When I had tendinitis I did hammer curls instead of normal curls to keep my wrists straight.

Best thing to do is rest. You won't lose much for a month. I had to take 2 months off last year and got it all back pretty quickly. It's nothing in the long run.

What's the difference between wide grip lat pulldown vs close neutral grip lat pulldown? Also pullups vs chinups?

Myprotein strawberry cream is awesome

Does anyone have some advice on pullup/chinup technique?
I can't even do a single pullup, and chinups i can do two sets of 5 and then like 2 in the third set.
My biceps are fine, and I keep improving on my pendlays, but my chins/pulls haven't been improving at all since I started in august.

what's the pic about

It's Kiira Korpi after some operation. Completely unrelated, except I'd like to fuck her if you know what I mean

Got a light cold atm. No aches and pains or fever just blowing my nose a lot and slight throat pain.

I feel like a jog would get a load of shit off my chest.

Should I wrap up warm and go do some light cardio?

Why not?
Do negatives for the remaining 3
Answer to both could be technique
Eat at slight deficit, eat whole foods, 20 mins daily cardio atleast and lift
I heard too much milk can cause internal bleeding

If you feel it would help, yes. Do what your instinct tells you would be good, it's usually right.

This has been working really well for me:
t-nation.com/training/how-to-use-linear-periodization

>look nice and big Like tinytrip maybe. Or even like Billy Harington lol

huge emphasis on the lol part

Turns out I have lactose intolerance.
How can I make brotein shakes made with water less disgusting?

Any tips for for running in literally 1 degree weather? I feel like it would do more harm than good

drink something warm before. the biggest issue would be the cold air you're breathing in.

Celsius? Find yourself some thermal undershirts and go
Fahrenheit? Stay home

or wear a mask or something.

Aight y'all.
I have a left/right imbalance in my hip rotation.
In my right leg, I lack external rotation, in my left leg, I lack internal rotation.
The 90/90 stretch stretches both sides opposite rotation, so I could, by doing this stretch just on one side, work out the imbalance.
Is my reasoning right?

so im extremely inactive. i sit at a desk for work and at home i sit at my own desk. i can .. feel myself degenerating. its not good

so i just hopped over to this board to see if you guys could help me out a little. i wanna get into lifting but i dont wanna hurt myself. how much should initially start lifting? i dont wanna jump into to high of a weight and mess something up

maybe i should start jogging for a week or two then start lifting?

I've been off creatine since I'm recovering from illness, figured that giving my body more water not concentrated in my muscles for a week is a good idea.
Should I go back on it next week given I've only got a cough and sore throat now?

>how much should I initially start lifting?

As a beginner you just need to experiment a little. Don't immediately go for super heavy weight - if anything, start with something you feel pretty confident in being able to complete and if it feels too easy, up the weight a little next set. It's all just about trying to find what is right for you.

jogging is cardio. Weightlifting is not. Doing cardio for 2 weeks will have next to no effect on a lift.

As for weight, it's recommended for complete newbies to start with just the bar to find out what the form should feel like. After that it's just a matter of increasing weight slowly until you reach a point you can no longer increase weight easily.

as long as you're not infectious or carry around something to disinfect anything you touch.

Can I get a form check? Doing high bar. Got these and missed reps on the next set. Second time I've had to deload around this weight.

youtu.be/FZ5twqhhaLI

which routine is better for aesthetics and strength, im 5'9", 18yrs and 63kg.

should i do pic related or Veeky Forums's GSLP?

>Doing high bar

Oh, i thought it was low bar due to the angles. But thats how it is if you got long femurs.

The form looks fine. You can try with getting the knees a bit more forward for a more upright torso, but it might make it worse. Having long femurs sucks.

I just finished 7 cycles of Wendlers 531 with BBB assistance work, doing:

5x10 @ 50%
5x10 @ 55%
5x10 @ 60%
5x5 @ 70%
5x5 @ 75%
5x3 @ 80%
5x1 @ 90%

and I want to keep on doing this, but should I redo all 7 cycles, or rotate only the heaviest, see:

5x10 @ 60%
5x5 @ 75%
5x3 @ 80%
5x1 @ 90%

Or does anyone know any other interesting combinations?

So I have been trying to solve the mystery of why benching always gives me shouler pain/rotator cuff tendonitis. After every bench session I get it. Are there any other reasons why I could be getting it?

It only happens after benching. I know my form is decent enough that it can't be thr sole reason. My routine only consists of bench, diddly, squats, rows, ohp and chinups. Do I need more shoulder exercises? Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah all my other lifts are climbing for the most part. I've never been to get my squat over 1.5 pl8 with respectable form. Like my bench just passed my squat.

I'm doing SL and that's the second time I've had to deload in like 3 months of lifting...so per the program I am switching from 5x5 to 3x5 and deloading.

I store fat like crazy on my adonis belt, and i'm afraid if i cut i'll just become skele again all over.

I know targeting isn't a thing, but here must be a way for me to retain SOME muscle mass at least.

What's the best resource/guide you have encountered for cutting?

Test or recalculate new 1rm, do all cycles again but with the % of new 1rm

Theres always a Sheiko mega pyramid
%RM Reps Sets
50 7 1
60 6 1
70 5 1
75 4 1
80 3 1
85 2 2
80 3 1
75 4 1
70 5 1
65 6 1
60 7 1
55 8 1
50 9 1

What's better for strenght+aesthetics PHUL or PHAT?