Study charts for fucking forever

>study charts for fucking forever
>come up with a great strat that has 90%+ success rate when I apply it to historical data
>time to try it out in real time
>the charts stop obeying these patterns and I get JUST'd hard
>soon as I leave my position at a loss, it starts obeying the patterns again

I'm convinced that I live in some kind of virtual reality world in which it's impossible for me to win

did you run simulations on what would happen during a btc fork and then a few additional cross validation studies to make sure you weren't overfitting?

no? oh god....

Get a job

>>study charts for fucking forever
>>come up with a great strat that has 90%+ success rate when I apply it to historical data
this didn't happen

I want one, but it's proving impossible.

Everyone penn jillette's my resume

Forward Looking Statements

Past performance does not guarantee future results. Market investment carries risk.
These statements are not guarantees of future performance and undue reliance should not be placed on them. Such forward-looking statements necessarily involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual performance and financial results in future periods to differ materially from any projections of future performance or result expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.

>I'm convinced that I live in some kind of virtual reality world in which it's impossible for me to win

I think about this too, just without the always losing part. It's impossible to disprove and all you can really do is try to be as cool of a person as possible to try to increase the chances that you'll be liked by whoever is in charge of your world.

>Past performance does not guarantee future results.

It does. A coin that keeps dipping without recovery is less likely to ever recover (e.g. Sia).

"less likely" is not a guarantee that recovery is impossible

>try to be as cool of a person as possible to try to increase the chances that you'll be liked by whoever is in charge of your world

Very good point.

I'll try being less of an insufferable neet bitch

How are you even losing money?
I've been here an incredibly short amount of time and It seems easy to make money.
>Just need ETH/BTC to buy certain coins before they moon
>Wait for moonworthy news
>Refresh news websites and Veeky Forums regularly
>Throw your money into the coin
>Get your profits out when it starts dipping

What to do when there is no news?
Just buy ETH cheap and sell it when it goes back up, its incredibly stable for mini gains.

why would you sell at a lost in the first place OP. What time frame did you study?

>be me, attempt to daytrade
>make consistent scalp trades with incremental exits for entire day
>almost end of day, 1% profit
>enter another trade, price fucking crashes down, lose 7% of my holdings just like that

do not listen to anyone who claims to be making money daytrading, they are sad pathetic LARPers and full of shit

all I can offer in return is a (you) . JUST do it

Believe it or not ripley but this was a thing in early 2017

truer words were never spoken. the 'hodl' meme is at least more reliable. Where there is a JUST'D thread, there are only day traders

>I'm convinced that I live in some kind of virtual reality world

It's hard to shake that feeling sometimes, when it seems like the only people on the exchange are you and the whales, and everything they do is for the sole benefit of taking your money and your alone.

I look at my buys and sells sometime, and it's always right at that very moment that the market turns around. Guaranteed if I open a position, it will keep going right up to where my position is, but never go past it. HOW DO THEY FUCKING KNOW?

Anyway that's how it feels, sometimes.

And then it goes back up to 14%

Unless you cash out to USD, your crypto holdings is quite volatile

Idk what the fuck is wrong with these noobs. You dont lose money until you cash out. Crypto currency is so fucking new, its such a perfect place to make money. They say to make money you have to be in the first 1/3 in a market before its too late. We are the 1/3rd. Make your money now cousin, because 3 years from now it will be too late.

it doesn't work that way when you're a poorfag with limited capital, if i intend to daytrade i can't just put a tangible amount of money into one coin, and if the price goes down i can't just move on with more money to another coin and wait for that one to come back up, i need to exit that trade on a loss

this desu

we have to essentially go all in on every single trade

>He sounds like a great fit for this market run by the FOMO YOLO generation, falls right in the middle of our demo for our new coin offering.

Tried daytrading my link stack earlier and got JUST'd fucking bad. It's my fault for being impatient but wow. Hodl is sounding better and better

Daytrading cryptos is suicidal unless you're a god of investing who can also act incredibly quick.

Swing trading is far less stressful and risky

t. servant of the bog

This is why you have separate data for learning and for verifying. :)

youre just stupid

>based on formula

nah, you should actually try to read news instead of trade on pure numbers

the news is priced in though

Learn to tape reading. Its more stressful but more successful