Fuck Cancer

>Frederick had the fervour but not the time to accomplish his desires, lamenting in May 1888, "I cannot die ... What would happen to Germany?"

>From April 1888, Frederick became so weak he was unable to walk, and was largely confined to his bed; his continual coughing brought up large quantities of pus. In early June, the cancer spread to and perforated his esophagus, preventing him from eating. He suffered from bouts of vomiting and ran high fevers, but remained alert enough to write a last diary entry on 11 June: "What's happening to me? I must get well again; I have so much to do!"

>Frederick III died in Potsdam at 11:30 a.m. on 15 June 1888, and was succeeded by his 29-year-old son Wilhelm II.

Cancer directly caused World War 1.

They should put him an anti-smoking ads.

in*

>ywn live in the timeline where Germany und Friedrich III stayed closely aligned with Great Britain, instead of alienating them with muh fleet autism
>OTL will always be shit
Why are we still here?

>und
under

The lead-up to WWI is seriously the saddest shit ever, just seeing all these last moments of goodness and glory in the monarchies of Europe before it all came crashing down forever.

>The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time

I cri evrytym

It's sad how seemingly all the predecessors of the monarchs who waged the 2nd world war were great leaders. Then their successors threw all of it away

Wilhelm II
Nicholas II
George V
Otto I
They all threw away everything that their fathers accomplished

Frederick honestly sounds like he would have been a fantastic emperor

>2nd
I meant 1st

Will Wilhelm II not just fuck shit up when he takes over. If we assume Freddy III lives to a similar age as Willy I then that gives Willy II a couple decades to fuck shit up.

>Will Wilhelm II not just fuck shit up when he takes over.
It's seems possible he and/or the german political parties will do a bit of growing up until then.

the constitutional set up might just Edward VIII him if he tries shit anyway

>down to earth leader
>has plenty of military experience
>dies of cancer
>succeeded by his son who thinks hes the sun king and can do whatever he pleases.

Tell me more about the lead-up for the war.

Just to suffer

Not directly, but yeah

>Learning that it all could have been avoided if Fredrick lived
This thread has killed me

They call it the Belle Epoque for a reason.

There are 5 redditor soyboys that keep shilling this cuck nu-male on the board. Nobody gives a shit about your fag emperor, good riddance, Willy 2 was based as fuck

a proto-nu-male if you will

Freddy’s wife was an Anglo agent communicating state secrets to Britain even on hos deathbed