Would Veeky Forums have followed him until the end?:

Would Veeky Forums have followed him until the end?: youtu.be/w39aqlyzpYc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dThIOJVz6XY
youtu.be/gmJ1rLggGdQ
youtu.be/OGL_L0fok10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Presumably only on the guarantee that they'd get to fuck Persian eunuchs.

fuck yeah

I would just stay in India

I guess, he seemed based.

>following a crazy warlord

its a good thing he died early, who knows what else the mad cunt could have achieved.

although that could be a good future scenario for a total war game. Alexander in China

The speech which I am about to deliver will not be for the purpose of checking your start homeward, for, so far as I am concerned, you may depart wherever you wish.
But for the purpose of making you understand when you take yourselves off, what kind of men you have been to us who have conferred such benefits upon you. In the first place, as is reasonable, I shall begin my speech from my father Philip. For he found you vagabonds and destitute of means, most of you clad in hides, feeding a few sheep up the mountain sides, for the protection of which you had to fight with small success against Illyrians, Triballians, and the border Thracians.

Instead of the hides he gave you cloaks to wear, and from the mountains he led you down into the plains, and made you capable of fighting the neighboring barbarians, so that you were no longer compelled to preserve yourselves by trusting rather to the inaccessible strongholds than to your own valor. He made you colonists of cities, which he adorned with useful laws and customs; and from being slaves and subjects, he made you rulers over those very barbarians by whom you yourselves, as well as your property, were previously liable to be carried off or ravaged.

He also added the greater part of Thrace to Macedonia, and by seizing the most conveniently situated places on the sea-coast, he spread abundance over the land from commerce, and made the working of the mines a secure employment. He made you rulers over the Thessalians, of whom you had formerly been in mortal fear; and by humbling the nation of the Phocians, he rendered the avenue into Greece broad and easy for you, instead of being narrow and difficult.

Only so I can capitalize on his eventual death, claim Egypt and fuck my sister.

The Athenians and Thebans, who were always lying in wait to attack Macedonia, he humbled to such a degree, I also then rendering him my personal aid in the campaign, that instead of paying tribute to the former and being vassals to the latter, those states in their turn procure security to themselves by our assistance. He penetrated into the Peloponnese, and after regulating its affairs, was publicly declared commander-in-chief of all the rest of Greece in the expedition against the Persian, adding this glory not more to himself than to the commonwealth of the Macedonians.

These were the advantages which accrued to you from my father Philip; great indeed if looked at by themselves, but small if compared with those you have obtained from me. For though I inherited from my father only a few gold and silver goblets, and there were not even sixty talents in the treasury, and though I found myself charged with a debt of 500 talents owing by Philip, and I was obliged myself to borrow 800 talents in addition to these, I started from the country which could not decently support you, and forthwith laid open to you the passage of the Hellespont, though at that time the Persians held the sovereignty of the sea.

Having overpowered the satraps of Darius with my cavalry, I added to your empire the whole of Ionia, the whole of Aeolis, both Phrygias and Lydia, and I took Miletus by siege. All the other places I gained by voluntary surrender, and I granted you the privilege of appropriating the wealth found in them. The riches of Egypt and Cyrene, which I acquired without fighting a battle, have come to you. Coele-Syria, Palestine, and Mesopotamia are your property. Babylon, Bactra, and Susa are yours.

The wealth of the Lydians, the treasures of the Persians, and the riches of the Indians are yours; and so is the External Sea. You are viceroys, you are generals, you are captains. What then have I reserved to myself after all these labors, except this purple robe and this diadem? I have appropriated nothing myself, nor can any one point out my treasures, except these possessions of yours or the things which I am guarding on your behalf. Individually, however, I have no motive to guard them, since I feed on the same fare as you do, and I take only the same amount of sleep.

Nay, I do not think that my fare is as good as that of those among you who live luxuriously; and I know that I often sit up at night to watch for you, that you may be able to sleep.

But some one may say, that while you endured toil and fatigue, I have acquired these things as your leader without myself sharing the toil and fatigue. But who is there of you who knows that he has endured greater toil for me than I have for him? Come now, whoever of you has wounds, let him strip and show them, and I will show mine in turn; for there is no part of my body, in front at any rate, remaining free from wounds; nor is there any kind of weapon used either for close combat or for hurling at the enemy, the traces of which I do not bear on my person.

For I have been wounded with the sword in close fight, I have been shot with arrows, and I have been struck with missiles projected from engines of war; and though oftentimes I have been hit with stones and bolts of wood for the sake of your lives, your glory, and your wealth, I am still leading you as conquerors over all the land and sea, all rivers, mountains, and plains. I have celebrated your weddings with my own, and the children of many of you will be akin to my children.

Moreover I have liquidated of all those who had incurred them, without inquiring too closely for what purpose they were contracted, though you received such high pay, and carry off so much booty whenever there is booty to be got after a siege. Most of you have golden crowns, the eternal memorials of your valor and of the honor you receive from me. Whoever has been killed has met with a glorious end and has been honored with a splendid burial.

Brazen statues of most of the slain have been erected at home, and their parents are held in honor) being released from all public service and from taxation. But no one of you has ever been killed in flight under my leadership. And now I was intending to send back those of you who are unfit for service, objects of envy to those at home; but since you all wish to depart, depart all of you!

Glory lies beyond the horizon!

Go back and report at home that your king Alexander, the conqueror of the Persians, Medes, Bactrians, and Sacians; the man who has subjugated the Uxians, Arachotians, and Drangians; who has also acquired the rule of the Parthians, Chorasmians, and Hyrcanians, as far as the Caspian Sea; who has marched over the Caucasus, through the Caspian Gates; who has crossed the rivers Oxus and Tanais, and the Indus besides, which has never been crossed by any one else except Dionysus; who has also crossed the Hydaspes, Acesines, and Hydraotes, and who would have crossed the Hyphasis, if you had not shrunk back with alarm; who has penetrated into the Great Sea by both the mouths of the Indus; who has marched through the desert of Gadrosia, where no one ever before marched with an army; who on his route acquired possession of Carmania and the land of the Oritians, in addition to his other conquests, his fleet having in the meantime already sailed round the coast of the sea which extends from India to Persia - report that when you returned to Susa you deserted him and went away, handing him over to the protection of conquered foreigners.

Perhaps this report of yours will be both glorious to you in the eyes of men and devout I ween in the eyes of the gods. Depart!

Why pajeets claim that Alexander lost the battle against Porus? They keep saying that Alexander saw the massive Indian army and surrendered, and his army's mutiny was a lie so to not make them look bad.
This makes no sense since the mutiny happened days after the battle, and they came home passing through the Indian continent, why would the supposed Indian "winners" allow the "defeated" invader to go through their territory?

It all happened in Pakistan also so ironically they are glorifying their enemies.

Pajeets are really fucking retarded, from the comments they believe this shit:
youtu.be/dThIOJVz6XY
youtu.be/gmJ1rLggGdQ

they try to tarnish his undefeated battle record smdh

>Alexander quickly became impatient at the pace of the siege, so he grabbed a ladder and went up it himself.[30] He was followed by only two soldiers. The rest of the soldiers, nervous about the safety of their king, crowded the ladders to get up so that they could protect him. There were too many of them, and the ladders collapsed under the weight. The Mallians realised who Alexander was, and focused their energies on him. Many of Alexander's men held out their arms and called for him to jump down to them.[31] The King, however, would not.[citation needed]

>Alexander leaped into the inner area of the citadel.[32] There, he killed the Mallians' leader.[33] But an arrow penetrated Alexander's lung, and he was severely wounded.[34] The Macedonians believed Alexander dead. After gaining entrance to the city, they planned to kill everyone in revenge.

I would follow Alexander into a volcano
youtu.be/OGL_L0fok10

no
>ywn be an officer in one of Constantines legions
>ywn look upon his new city and capital of a thousand years

he really can't compare to Alexander though

I just have a hard on for the period and the man himself.
>ywn be Eusebius chronicalling his life
Alexander was pretty chill though. But i really know nothing about what he did other than defeat the persians.

>But i really know nothing about what he did other than defeat the persians.

>commanded the left flank of his father's army at only 16 when they BTFO the Greek city-states when they rebelled
>crowned king at 20 when his father was assassinated (probably at the behest of Alexander's mother)
>subdued the northern barbarians along the Danube using brilliant psychological tricks
>defeated Thebes when they rebelled, and he was so pissed off he destroyed their entire city as a warning to other Greeks
>invaded the Persian Empire at 22, winning crushing victories at Granicus, Issus and Gaugamela (in the latter two while being outnumbered by tens of thousands)
>took the Persian king's wife and daughter prisoner
>burns down Persepolis because he got too drunk
>liberated Egypt and was declared pharaoh
>overthrew the Persian king and was crowned both King of Persia and Lord of Asia
>spends a few years hunting down rebellious tribes and lords in Afghanistan
>invades what is now Pakistan because he could
>wins his last major victory at the Hydaspes
>wants to march further into India but his troops mutiny and he reluctantly heads back to Persia
>so angry with them he makes them march through a huge desert, wiping out most of them
>reaches Babylon, marries a few Persian women at once, then gets so drunk one night he dies at only 32 of alcohol poisoning (or was actually poisoned by his own people for becoming too "oriental")
>on his death bed he doesn't name an heir, and says whoever is the "strongest" can have his empire, leading to decades of destructive civil war

He led an amazing life. I'd highly recommend reading some books on him.

>commanded the left flank of his father's army at only 16 when they BTFO the Greek city-states when they rebelled

Fucking this is even more impressive when you find out it was the Sacred Band of Thebes that he went up against.

How did they nail the comfy feeling of Alexander's campaign so damn well.

Pajeets have never conquered anyone outside of India have only been raped by chinks and muslims since the beginning. What a joke of a people.

Come to me Bagoas

Alex was mighty but was vulnerable and drank himself to death after his best friend perished

Was alexander greater than newton?

No, only dumb collectivists follow authoritarian leaders and cults of personality.

Following is not the same as learning from mistakes.

jesus fuck...

nah he was a bit of cunt

>Fighting, Conquest, Rape and Plunder a plenty
I'd follow him to the ends of the earth

fuck no
Endless marches, endless battles, endless "muh God heritage", endless "I'll name this.... Alexandria!!"

oh and also "HIS SON MIGHT BETRAY ME SO KILL HIM TOO NYEEEEE"