How can people argue that he is not the greatest general of all time?

How can people argue that he is not the greatest general of all time?
Not only did he fight in the two largest conflicts ever, but he never lost a single major battle.

The only people that truly compare are Alexander the Great, and Hannibal. But Hannibal fucked up with Battle of Zama. And the only true power Alexander ever faced was Persia, who was already well into decline when he invaded.
I'm not saying either are bad, but I don't see how they were better than a general who nearly single-handedly defeated Vichy France and Fascist Italy, as well as demolishing the Western Front of Nazi Germany, which was not a joke, as some idiots claim. (It had at least 4 million Axis soldiers involved in the front)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Driant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> the only true power Alexander ever faced was Persia, who was already well into decline when he invaded.
And Germany in 1944 wasn't?

stupid amerifat bait

this.
He basically just marched towads berlin fighting old people and HJ kids.

If I coached a pro football team to beat a college team, it wouldn't make me the greatest football coach of all time.

Don't forget units like the 716th Infanterie, made up Ukrainians who were highly motivated to defend Germany by fighting in France

5 HJ kids were as effective as 100 ukrainians.
Just an fyi.

Wouldn't surprise me, it's pretty absurd to have a bunch of Ostbattalions who want to fight the Soviets and then deploy them to France and expect a good result

He fought World War 2 on casual mode.

Dumb Pattonboos get off my board

imagine having a war industrial output untouchable on the other side of the Atlantic, then landing in France to face the bottom of the barrel. Tired, the sick, the young and old while 70 percent of the the Wehrmacht and the cream of the crop of the German high command was locked in a literal death spiral with the Soviet Red Army, but then spend the next several months getting brutalized by these bottom f the barrels in France, shitting the bed in the Low countries and when you finally reach Germany shit hits the fan at Aachen and Hurtgen, and you more or less have to wait it out until the Soviets are marching into Berlin, and only then the bulk of the German army is on an offensive your way. Not to fight, but to surrender.

Yeah. Patton sure won the war.

Post more pics of dead GIs. I want to see how long it takes someone's arsehole to pop.

Based Wehrmacht decimating the Untermensch

He was a cocky retard who only those on the American far right look up to

Where does this meme come from that the Americans were fighting Volkssturm all the time? Most Volkssturm units never saw combat because they immediately surrendered.

>Patton himself admitted that Bradley was a better general than he was
>stupid faggots still think Patton is the greatest ever, specifically because they see him as a crypto-stormfag more than anything else

He was great but I think General McArthur was better.

(Rommel too)

>How can people argue that he is not the greatest general of all time?
OH NO NO NO NO NO *INHALES* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Just because his side always had more men and better resources than his oppnents', it doesn't make him the GOAT general.

>i-it wasnt fair!
youre a child.

>Say fixed fortifications are stupid
>Gets stopped by fixed fortifications
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Driant

MacArthur*

Burger here
Patton makes me feel like pic related

>this fucker literally believed he killed Napoleon in another life
>reincarnation
>1945

He was just shitposting

>shitposting
>1945

His point is that winning battles you have the advantage in is not terribly impressive. It's expected, if anything.

>battles you have the advantage in
what do you think war is user? why would you not seek to have every imaginable advantage?

I hate to break it to you, because winning requires some sort of advantage.

"Men, all this stuff you hear about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of bullshit. Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big-league ball players and the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. The very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Battle is the most significant competition in which a man can indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base.

You are not all going to die. Only two percent of you right here today would be killed in a major battle. Every man is scared in his first action. If he says he's not, he's a goddamn liar. But the real hero is the man who fights even though he's scared. Some men will get over their fright in a minute under fire, some take an hour, and for some it takes days. But the real man never lets his fear of death overpower his honor, his sense of duty to his country, and his innate manhood."
i cry everytime

Patton...
...more like...
...Mutton

Right, and even then you can still lose (See: Montgomery).

The Americans did make note of the fact that they fought a lot of teenagers on the western front, even in France. A lot of them didn't like it one bit since they on average were old enough to think they were fighting a bunch of kids. Kids who sometimes were fanatical enough to pull a hand grenade on them post surrender.

Is that McNig?

I never said you shouldn't. Of course you should take any advantage you can. It's just not a particularly great feat to win battles against a weaker opponent.

>