QTDDTOT

Is it possible to gain strength at calorie deficiency. Im not talking about noob gains and etc. I just want to know what are the main factors which can lead to strength gain.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

There's three main factors to strength on a given movement (at least, three that you can actually train. There's a few that aren't changeable like attachment points). Muscle mass, technique, neural efficiency. Two of these things don't require calories.

It's just going to be slower than if you're in a surplus, because you won't be growing the same level of muscle and you probably won't have the same recovery ability as someone chowing down.

as a general rule, barring noob gains, the body generally doesn't build muscle unless you're eating at a caloric surplus

Yes, just look at a large meal while eating a small one. This will trick your brain.

You often lose strength on a defecit as a result of lost muscle mass.

Increase in neural effiency doesnt equate for the muscle lost.
You can gain strength on maintance, but thats a lot slower then if you lifton a surplus.

It also dependso n how close you are to your genetic limit. The closer you are the more strength you will lose during a deficit.

i got my noob gains while eating at deficiency. i used to be 110 kg but now im 78-80 well built still high fat % but i regret not getting my noob gains wild with some gear.

In a lot of lifters, particularly bigger guys, that's more a change/loss of leverages than a loss of muscle mass.

How do I get rid of chest acne ?

I started lifting 8 months ago and wanted to max out my noob gains before getting my diet on point. Ive gained 20 pounds.

How much more weight can i expect to gain before i have to up my protein intake?

Looking for tips on getting taller nigs

Thoughts on the Bridge Press?

Deficit, not really. Maintenance, absolutely. Bulking and cutting are more or less memes.

5'10, 170, was around 180 in december. Started SL in November but had a 1month break over christmas. My stats the last time I lifted were.No problems upping the weight in any lift, so I guess good progress for 5 weeks till then.
Squat 97,5kg / 215lbs
OH press 50 kg / 110lbs
DL 97,5kg / 215 lbs
Row 60kg 130lbs

Ive played sports since I was 8, gone to the gm for 1 year fucking around with machines when I was 15-16 through my sports team. Now im supposed to deload 30%
I hate the lack of volume and just do other assitance work when I do my sets (chin ups, dips, farmers walks, calves on off days)

Now, should I just continue with the deloaded weights till i plateau and then switch to 531 BBB, Texas method, Madcow or should I switch sooner. I dislike the lack of volume in SL and while I get stronger noticeably, I miss the soreness and being drenched in sweats after doing more hypertrophy

Does anyone have an excel sheet to track body fat percentage based on skinfold measurements. About to start PSMF and want to track progress.

At what body fat% should I no longer have noticeable mantits?

FUck your attitude you're not going to make it like that. Go fuck yourself

Why would you want to train it?

12%

Fuck the deload. Train how you want for what you want. Also either your DL form is shit or you're not squatting to depth

If im putting oatmeal into a calorie tracker do I want to log the weight of just the oats or the weight of the oats + milk combined?

Using myfitnesspal

milk has calories doesn't it? fucking retard

So log the milk separately then? That's what I've been doing currently just wasn't sure if myfitnesspal calculates it as if I'm putting milk in.

Is there any real performance difference between dumbbell rows and lat pulldowns?
Either one preferable?

I've been doing sl5x5 for a while and all my lifts are progressing nicely, except for my deadlift, which is stalling at barely above lmao2pl8.
I'm a 6'2'' lanklet with long ass arms and I have no idea what I'm fucking up.
Pls help me

>eat clean
>drink a lot of water
>don't roid
>go and get a shower once in a while
>buy my mixtape

What's the best way to start incorporating cardio into my routine without losing gains? Everyday? A couple times, after workouts? Etc.

Im looking for an accessory lift for the bench press and Im not sure if I should and incline db press on that day or OHP day, if that makes any sense. Tried them today and mostly felt them ion the triceps and a bit in the pecs so I guess Ill move them to OHP day.

what is SS?

I get pain in my right wrist only doing certain activities and as a result of doing trap bar deadlifts.

Common sense tells me that my wrist must be doing something weird but my wrists are really stable. I also have tried using a strap/brace combo and it helps some but doesn't solve problem.

I can't find a single thing online about my issue. I've tried to find analagous topics like for example farmer walks but nobody seems to have wrist troubles doing them.

My theory now is the wrist pain is from using the low handles. Unfortunately my trap bar doesn't have high handles so i'll have to order ones that does to test.

Any of you trap bar deadlift and had wrist issues? I've never had even a little wrist issue in my whole life until now and have always considered myself lucky to have such great genetics. Shit sucks. I'm doing wrist curls now but it's hard to say if it helps any.

I got the pain in my wrist from doing trap bar deadlifts I mean. I'm looking for possibly a form cue mistake or something. There isn't very technical info on the mechanics available online.

Has somebody experience fitbits TDE calculation?
Are their tracker with heart rate accurate or should I save the money and use a online calculator?

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

Schutzstaffel

What's your take on Clarence's squat technique?
He's basically sitting down and his knees come forward just almost at the bottom. I got long femurs and can imitate it much easier than what is taught in most squatting videos where their knees reach the furthest point of travel before even breaking parallel (which I'm not sure about if that's good for my already kinda bad knees)
At the ascend Clarence explodes his hips up and knees back almost turning it into a deadlift from there. Since he had bad knee problems I imagine this way of squatting is the easiest for the knees?

>all these fucking imbeciles offering advice

The cancer on this board is unreal.

Of COURSE, you can gain strength at a deficit.

I increased ALL major lifts while running a 1k+ suicide deficit for 4 months.

When people say you LOSE STRENGTH ON A CUT that applies to people training for YEARS.

Any fucking new years dyel making threads like this of COURSE they can gain strength, just fucking neurological gains.

>barring noob gains

Except the guy is on Veeky Forums imagine how dyel he must be. I imagine he looks something like us.

Of COURSE he can gain strength.

>You often lose strength on a defecit as a result of lost muscle mass.

Only applies to trained people

>Bulking and cutting are more or less memes.

>these are the people offering advice like experts

Gee it's almost like you can BULK and CUT? you don't have to do one until the end of time?

take a damn calculator, read a nutrition info on the label and do it yourself for once. Don't a be a brainlet faggot

stainless steel, that's what you want your bar to made from.

=round(((4.57/(1.10938-(0.0008267*(W140+X140+Y140))+(0.0000016*(POWER((W140+X140+Y140),2))-(0.0002574*39))))-4.142),4)

Just change it to excel. This is google sheets semantics.

i'd see he squats too low. See recent Alan Thrall video for good points on why that might be bad.

Though it might be related to his knee problems, yes

W, X, Y are upper tit, next to navel, and middle upper leg in mm.

Also change the 39 for your age

I want to do PSMF, but probably would just go to the gym to do only diddlys 3x/week. Should I count myself as 'inactive'?

I've got a pair of adipowers that I got for Christmas. Loving them so far.

Can I do cardio with them on the bike? Obviously I'm not gonna run in them.

Should you shave your legs?

I can't do a pull up.

How can I make myself do a pull up?

>nyr
>go into gym
>do my 3 ss workouts
>leave in 10-15 minutes

It just feels so short, but whatever still getting doms every time

should you drive a black car?

you don't. And then you do.

Pretty much it.

I've been waking up 2-3 times during the night thirsty for the past days, I now keep a water bottle next to my bed but I still wake up needing to drink water, what's going on?

how do i most effectively lose fat without losing weight?

Eat at maintenance and lift.

enjoy it

Videos about the right Pull-Ups

eccentric training ( Back to Basics on T-Nation)

Rowing and AB wheel

>How much more weight can i expect to gain before i have to up my protein intake?

Whew lad

can I get away with doing an intermediate lifting routine every other day or should I really be getting those 2 rest days?

Everyone says keto/low carb isn't better than just counting calories on a better diet for fat loss but these studies seem to suggest otherwise.

authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/

Thoughts?

Full Retard

pls respond

question for you classy gentlemen: How many times is recommended for spraying cologne, and in what areas? I usually go for just 1 if its strong or 2 if its more subtle, either on the center of the neck or on both sides respectively. I ask because I never get complimented on my scent even though I know my cologne is the shit and idk if its because people can't smell me or because they don't care

Think I hurt my lower back while squatting last week, hurts a bit now. Really scared to go back to gym now. Should I just avoid squats and DL till theres no pain and replace them with other shit? I did leg press and it didnt hurt then. Or avoid any exercise that puts pressure on the lower back.
I dont feel like I should see a doctor, yet.

I'm bulking and i wake up with stomach aches in the middle of the night.
As soon as i drink a gulp of water it instantly goes away.

What do?

in theory you can, but only due to neurological factors and improvements in technique which tends to be slow as fuck once you've been lifting for like 5 years

in practice i've never managed to gain strength in a deficit, but I have always maintained my bench and deadlift within 10-20lbs even on 1000 deficit

i have never once maintained my squat, it takes a vacation the moment i drop calories regardless of programming, caffeine, or anything else i try to save it

hello Greg Nuckols

My tailbone hurts when I do heavy squats, why? noticed it last week. It's not TOO bad, but I don't wanna risk it so I skipped squats today.

anyone else here who had the narrowest shoulders and smallest frame alive known to man? did lifting fixed that problem?

any reason you are only doing deadlifts? did you snap your entire upper body up?

i usually spray twice on the wrist and then rub my wrists together, then take my wrists and rub around my neck. Then another on my jacket or shirt or whatever from kinda far away. I get compliments all the time

Managed to squat 40kg today, few more questions this time
I tried over head press and I could only manage 20kg, couldn't even unrack 30kg, are press ups the best way to with increasing it for now?

How should my body feel after a good workout session

Good ways to make a calorie dense meal

Tips on overhead press

Also I did something autistic today how do I stop myself?

picture unrelated read my damn thing

Is 160g protein enough per day for a fat fuck at 25% who is cutting

you probably have some buttwink going on

>ad the narrowest shoulders and smallest frame al

Before I got into lifting (started at 142lbs, 6'2") I had a very small frame. I'm currently at about 175, ~10% body fat and deadlift 3x5 395lb. My shoulders/back are much wider now and I get asked regularly if I'm a swimmer or play any sports.

There's hope, it just takes time. Just do your deadlifts, widegrip pullups and dips.

depends on your deficit and bodyweight

1g/lb is plenty, even on the most aggressive cut

Ye but don't do that shit for too long.

I gained strength with SL but after 3 months. Even in a strict diet with lots of whole foods and protein, no cheap shit. I began to get aching joints and felt lethargic at times.

It can be done but do not try to sustain that shit.

I personally found that anything less, and I struggled to progress on bench, everything else was fine though

The best way to increase your OHP is doing more OHP.

I'm following pic related and I started today and it's been going great, I just got one question. Am I supposed to make only one plank or 3 sets of planks? If the 3 sets of planks is correct, can I go straight to 3 minutes? Also, I'm 5'11 and I weight 134lbs, am I free to eat everything I want?

Starting Strength

It's a beginners program

read the sticky

scooby has some good info on this

Well I'm cutting at -500 cal deficit (2100 - 2200 a day)
I'm 5'8 @ 178 lbs.
Maybe I'm closer to 30%

Honestly.im finding it to progress at this point period.
B: 145 5x5
S: 225 5x5
D: 285 1x5, though I seem to still be able to progress linearly on this at least

enjoy it while you can as the other guy said. Eventually you're going to need more rest between sets and you'll hate it (at least I did)

160g protein at your weight is just fine, and your deficit is probably not big enough

if i were 30% i would immediately go to 1000 deficit

typical shelf life of unopened, sealed, stored-in-dark-place powder?

Thanks. I just think I have an incredibly small frame though, like when I wear the right type of Jacket my shoulders look nonexistent. It looks so hopeless. Glad to know lifting can help..

What exercises should I add to my routine?

Standing Calf raises
Bicep curl
Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Barbell Row
Overhead Press
Lat Pulldown
Tricep pulldown
Should Shrugs

All of the isolations are 10-20 reps for 5-7 sets
All of the compounds are 4-7 reps for 4-5 sets

pullups

Some type of hamstring isolation if you want, and maybe shoulder laterals, and some rear delt work?

PROTEIN CONFUSION

some squat variation and olympic lifts at the end

find a different slave trader

do barbell rows and chinups

>olympic lifts at the end

Kill yourself.

I'm very tempted to go 1k deficit but I fear I'll lose the little amount of muscle I've gained over the past couple of months if I do that.

Glad it helped you, if you happen to be the user I posted it for earlier.

If you can hold a plank for 1min. without trembling/losing form/cheating, go to the next one and work up to holding it for a minute. You can do sets but it's not really that important. Pro tip: when you are at the last progression, start from the first one but weighted (bag with water bottles or small pl8 on your back) and do all of them until 1min., then first one but more weight, and so on. But that shit should not concern you for ages from now.

As for the eating questions, read the fucking sticky you mong.

>those surreal arnie titties

Vastly underrated.

you are 178 and 30% bodyfat, fuck the muscle loss

you need to unfat yourself ASAP

you won't lose much muscle even on 1k deficit as long as you train hard and your protein intake is high enough

I think I may have solved my problem by really turning the inside of my elbows out throughout the lift. So the inside or under side of the elbow faces forward. I was kinda doing the opposite to begin, making my elbows parallel with the handles. This is my first session doing it this way so I'll have to wait and see.

Can someone give me advise on how to OHP. How do you get your arms above and behind your head? Is this just a flexibility thing? If so, what are the stretches I should be doing?

I matched with a chick I went to high school with on tinder. What do? I'm a college sophomore and shes a college freshman.

A friend of mine wants me to start a Keto diet with him for our cut. Anyone have any experience? A high fat/low carbs/sugar diet seems odd to me.

Oh baby I got trips. Forgot to add we did'nt talk at all besides having bio together when I was a sophomore/she was a freshman. We were also both on track so we know who each other are just never talked.

Is 1/2/3/4 plate a one rep max thing or is it being able to do them for sets?

asked this in the last thread but it's dying

i'm a >woman and just got back into lifting after falling off for 9mos. is there any point in re-starting with ss/sl or should i just shoot straight for aesthetics and go for an ass/legs program like those ones by bret contreras?

i'm a normal weight right now (bmi 20). not sure about body fat but i dont have a lot of muscle mass so i'd guess it's not great

keto can be a good way to boost your cut. protein + fat fill you up a lot more than carbs so it can be easier to stay under your calorie limits when you're not feeling hungry all the time. just note your pee and breath may smell like ammonia