Does anyone here shower with just water (no soap/body wash/cleanser, etc)? I have very dry, flakey skin...

Does anyone here shower with just water (no soap/body wash/cleanser, etc)? I have very dry, flakey skin, so I've been thinking of try it. I've heard that a lot of guys just use water, don't know if it's true though.

Why not just moisturise your skin then?

exfoliate and moisturize man

I've tried about a dozen moisturizers, and they've all either given me break outs, or left my face feeling and looking greasy.

I've also heard that moisturizers make your skin lazy and less powerful in its producing of natural oil.

So it seems like something I'd like to avoid if possible.

My gf buys that Dove bar of soap with the moisturizer built in. The purple one smells good.

Go see a doctor if you are so autistic about your skin. The only thing you can really do is moisturize.

I use these (no homo) the white ones and it has made my skin so much better, also cold showers.

I shower with just water everyday in mornings and with shampoo+body washer every 2 days, that's enough for me.

Fuckin'... what are you eating? Are you getting your vitamins? Enough water? Enough rest? Enough selv-love?

sorry I'm not a pajeet. I use soap

I just use shampoo

Yes but will shampoo + soap every week and conditioner every day.

i shower at least 3 times daily, sometimes more.

once in morning
once after exercise
once after work
once before i sleep

i only use shampoo and bodywash in that before sleep wash, the other ones are just to cleanse my skin of buildup.

just dont stay there long enough for your skin to shrivel

>using soap/cleanser every day

wut but why

This
Shampoo + Shower gel + Face wash every day, not one problem ever, sometimes my hair is too dry when I use a hairdryer though, however I mostly airdry it when I don't need to go out, so it's just a mild temporary annoyance that can easily be overcome.

I've begun using shampoo again but I went without for years just fine. And I only use soap on arm pits, crotch and ass.

Yes, using soap is bad. Bad people get turned on by the smell of shampoo in your hair.
A sponge or loofah doesn't do it if you shower with just water tough, I reccomend steel wool to scrub all that filth on your skin real good.
After that I just splash a little 70° alc on the skin to sear the pores and scratches closed. The camphred kind so it smells like medicine not vodka.

don't shampoo every day. you strip all the natural oils, so your hair fompensates by producing twice as many, and then its a viscous cycle that leaves your hair all shitty.

shampoo twice a week. condition daily if you want

Just twice a week?? I couldn't imagine how that'd be with my hair, it was already getting greasy a day after shampooing back when I would do it 3/4 times a week. I've never used conditioner consistently, it feels unnatural imho.

need a week or two for your hair to balance itself out.

I shampoo once a week. condition every second day. hair isnt dirty or greasy. occasinally sloots compliment me on how soft and shiny it is.

I shower with just a bar of hand soap, no shampoo, cleanser, etc. My skin has been much better since I started doing this, and my hair has been even better

Well, I might try dropping down to shampooing 4 times a week, but with conditioner on the days I don't shampoo, sounds reasonable to me for a start.

I haven't used shampoo since August, and my hair honestly looks better than ever. Just rinse it thorougly every day. You'll look like greasy shit for the first month, then oil production will stabilize and your hair will be amazing

>dry, flakey skin
oil up.

Coconut oil is some amazing stuff when it comes to skin care. I´ve never had such nice skin before starting to use it. Also, it cures eczemas reallly well.

this nigga gets it

Any particular kind of bar? Those I've tried always make my skin feel super weird, like a 1000% increase in friction.

I can't do no shampoo because I got long hair (1.10m) I need my regular conditionner care or the tips get brittle and it's fucking hard to brush.
And if I just do conditionner without ever shampooing oil builds up in the distal part.

try E45 moisturizing lotion, or similar product, shits the best.

Start taking fish oil tablets and use non soap body wash.

Worked for me, I used to have to moisturise my skin after every shower, now my skins fine without it.

not washing yourself isnt good idea

I do. Nobody commented yet. Maybe they are embarassed to say something :D

dude what the fuck
were you molested or something?

I only use a natural shampoo. I used to use head and shoulders and it would get my hair extremely clean but i think it gave me bacne from all of it washing down over my body. I switched to this teatree oil shampoo that smells like mint. Since then my hair is still clean and my back is much clearer. I normally have oily skin tho, have had it all my life.

I wash my hair every 3-5 days unless I put pomade in it. I use soap once a week I lotion daily after every shower. I also moisturize my face daily. I never really had issues with acne so I don't need a cleanser. My gf says it's "gross" but never actually noticed I do this. She only knows because I brought it up.

I also spray out my ass to avoid mud butt with my detachable shower head and use baby wipes.

Clarissa, is that you?

Ive had an eczema on the back of my head for a long time which caused dandruff.. until I stopped using shampoo. I also have a buzz cut, so w/e

But I like using alot of the showergel-shit my gf uses. It just feels so smooth and smells so good :o)

My shower routine:

>rinse body with water so I'm not standing there cold
>put a pea-sized dod of toothpaste under my tongue
>rinse hair with water
>put shampoo in hair
>wash shampoo out
>put shower gel into hands and rub on body
>rinse it all off with water
>spit toothpaste onto feet
>squirt shower gel onto and under my feet and splash about
>blast water onto the bottom of each foot until clean

Do non gay men really use bar soap and sponges? Wtf mangs.

Is correct. There's many non soap shower washing things that are good for dry skin. Cetaphil is a good one

I also fixed my dry skin issue by having short, exclusively cold showers. Yes, it's an awful meme but if you have bad skin it's worth trying for a few weeks

I use nothing except apple cider vinegar once a week.

Works great, all the people saying le smells and le moisture don't know what they're talking about.

Holy shit one half of Veeky Forums grew in a farm.and the other half is metrosexual as fuck.

Am I the only normie who showers with shampoo and soap?

Bar soap is ok, as long as you don't drop it.

It's mostly showering with hot/warm water that gives you flaky skin, not shampoo. Shampoo does have some side effects but try showering cold for a week for them skin gains and releaving minor depression. It sounds strange, but it can help as it activates certain "blue regions" in the brain if you shower cold, releasing hormones that make you feel better.

If you're showering with hot water, lower the temp as much as possible. You don't need to cold shower, just use as low temp as you're comfortable with and then slowly go lower to about lukewarm-ish.
Otherwise: diet, exfoliating, moisturizing
2-3 times weekly and condition as often as you wash your hair is borderline too much. Also get sensitive or higher-tier shampoos, they help a fair bit.
Also: Bulldog shower gel is 10/10

not really, just protex. I like the squeaky clean feeling

Does Veeky Forums uses cummies as skin care?
It's proven effective and you can just make your own without minor protein deficit since sperm is going to waste in urine if you don't evacuate it once in a while.
Blood also works wonders but it's not good to use your own and it's super expensive to buy some from a young person that's clean. Only done it twice, I wish I were rich.
Sadly no ethical way to buy stem cells outside of meme creams.

I use a tiny bit of soap for my dick, bootyhole and pits, otherwise just scrub with lukewarm water. It's given me the best results so far of anything I've tried and I smell fine.

I use body wash, but I can't clean my face with anything. Face washes and shampoos give me an allergic reaction/ chemical burn. Basically have to be super careful when washing my hair.

Unfortunately I have terrible recurring dandruff, so I have to brave anti-dandruff shampoo every now and then, and that shit makes my face red even if it doesn't touch it.

>spit toothpaste onto feet
What?

I have severe hyperhydrosis so i have to shower every day with shampoo and bodywash. I don't understand this showering a few times a week or not using shampoo or bodywash. My skin is radiant and smooth and hair nice and soft. Do genetics play a part in this?

>Do genetics play a part in this?
Yes. My genes for example are garbage, me and both my siblings needed Accutane and our skin still isn't great. We all exercise and my brother in particular has perfect nutrition. Meanwhile I have a friend who has had perfect skin all his life, not even a blemish, and we lived together for a while and I know his hygiene and diet wasn't great.

Also if you shampoo every day your hair is gonna be soft, but if you stop it's probably gonna get greasy real fast.

I shower once a week, if that.
Only using lukewarm water.
People and especially girls have always complimented me on my hair, skin and smell.
I'm not event trolling. You don't have to be as extreme as I am but I think people need to stop feeding the shower Jew.

I know this feel all too well. Look up driclor and buy a couple of em. I take a cold shower each morning followed by a lot of deodorant and hope for the best.

I'm autistic and I cannot stand artificial smells. I haven't used soap for as long as I can remember. I really hate soap. The worst smell is peppermint.

i just use aftersun products to moisturize. does it matter?

moistening is pretty much the goal of aftersun anyway.