/PLG/ Powerlifting General

Welcome to /PLG/ - bosu balls general

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc.

If you unironically use the words "mental illness" and "degenerate" to describe other posters, then please stay outside of this general. /PLG/ Thanks you!

>Official Website:
powerliftinggeneral.com/

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8

>How to deadlift by some fat dude
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c [Open]

>How to be a great deadlifter by IPF ATHLETE MIKE TUCHSCHERER
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c [Open]

>How to sumo deadlift by IPF ATHLETE AND ISLEY'S PERSONAL SPIRIT ANIMAL ALEXANDER KANG
youtu.be/J2p5IcvT8JY [Open]

>How to lowbar squat by IPF ATHLETE JONATHAN CANDITO
youtu.be/7fmrKmJMQnw [Open]

>How to set up for the Squat
youtu.be/nfWlot6h_JM [Open]

>How to set WRs by IPF ATHLETE AND WR HOLDER CONNOR LUTZ
youtu.be/593esHz-Oqo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A [Open]

>How to build a big bench by IPF ATHLETE CONNOR LUTZ pt 2
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A [Open]

>How to bench press by some weak dude
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI [Open]

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
instagram.com/p/BPC7IcuDyx9/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl
youtu.be/udI-Go8KK2Q
vsathletics.com/store/VS-Athletics-Weightlifting-Shoe-II.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please remove those's

The OP is barely readable

[Open]

Is this actually a joke

Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

I approve of this OP, but only because of the image

Man, two years ago, we used to try and get the chain as long as we could
In response to heels up guy:

Guide to Lifting Shoes:

All of the shoes described below are great, including the cheapest options.
Heel height is personal preference.

Remember to look for sales. They're very common.

one day i will find you and internally rotate your dick

Times have changed, powerlifting is a respected sport and we need to act like it.

>respected sport

Made me smirk

do steroids or stop complaining

>powerlifting is a respected sport
hmm...

I heard homoerotic saunas help

y-you t-too

Sauna is not homoerotic, shut the fuck up

It's because of gays like trappy men can't be friends anymore

I'll have a play with the ankle mobility/ feet position. Bar looks like it's over centre foot watching videos but I'll have a look at it properly next time I'm lifting . Cheers friendo.

Yes that's why you need to specifically look for one that is. Not sure if it needs to be Russian as well or not.

I'm straight tho o.O

also
>implying gay men and straight men can't be friends

Said the dude with no friends lmao

Well, it doesn't HAVE to be...

Why are you so rude for no reason?

Just bants lad

The fact is that because of gays you can't really have intimate friendships between two men anymore, both because one would be afraid to look suspicious and gay to everyone else, but also to eachother, this is one of the great tragedies of modernity.

also thanks to my non tripping teapot friendo

>y-you t-too
nuh uh

>has a dick
>likes to get fucked in his ass by men
>straight
Pick only 2.

>The fact is that because of gays you can't really have intimate friendships between two men anymore

Yes you can

wut

Men are still friends just like always

You just need to work on your social skills lmao stop blaming your issues on other things

how about you stop being so pedantic so people actually know what you're saying

flexion = lifting your arm directly in front of you
extension = the opposite (behind you)
horizontal adduction = moving your arm across your body
horizontal abduction = the opposite

the only way you're gonna externally and internally rotate while benching is by having the elbows go either in or out. if there is some other way, please show me. that's flaring vs tucking. and this has been discussed to hell in the powerlifting community.

and what you're reccomendong is flaring elbows.

Very rarely the kind one can see in history. In fact it's gotten to the point that gays and pro-gay academics project homosexuality onto male friends in history or classical literature, the modern treatment of Patroklos and Akilleus is a prime example.

Modern readers suddenly can not conceive of two men having a friendship that deep, without there being a homosexual subtext.

Faggot

I had no idea what he was talking about because of the fancy ass words.

>be me
>210lbs
>my natural body weight
>good deadlifts
>eat shit ton of food
>go up to 230lbs
>shit deadlifts
>drop down to natural body weight
>good deadlifts again

What am I missing here? I thought eating like a pig was supposed to make me a deadlifting machine.

Pic unrelated: korean gf's ass

if the more advanced a lifter you are, the harder it is to get stronger/bigger, shouldn't you spend the early years cutting because the muscle that you might lose will be easier to gain back than if you were advanced?

I think the added blubber makes it harder to get into a good starting position. My deads always feel like shit when I gain weight too fast.

Inverse, it's the squat that benefits the most from increased mass, bench too to an extent. Deadlift very very little up to a point, especially if you pull sumo.

trappy-chan needs to go.

I am starting an anti-trappy campaign immediately.

TRAPPY GET YE GONE

SHOO SHOO TRANNY AUTIST

Hey guys I've never noticed it before, because I was always looking at muh back when deadlifting, but I made a recording from the front and noticed my knees caving in slightly vid related. instagram.com/p/BPC7IcuDyx9/
Is it bad if so how to fix that? I really don't notice it at all when deadlifting I just noticed it on video.

TRAPPY GET YE GONE

No mate, you need to go. You're a weak GDE who trains like a retard with nothing to offer anyone but shitposting. Trappy-chan actually gives out advice.

Haven't you seen the actually legit as fuck effortposts by geniusshoes lately?

trip on Ezme

i known im triggered youn but i m the smartest kid in ths genral

>how about you stop being so pedantic so people actually know what you're saying

I use the scientific terms specifically because if I don't people will misinterpret what I'm saying and shitposting will ensue.

Besides your description of the terms isn't very accurate, use this instead www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html

>that's flaring vs tucking

No

It's not

Flaring vs tucking is the amount flexion in the range of motion. This is what reflects on the position of the elbow in relation to the transverse plane. Shoulder rotation and forearm rotation only moves in the transbrachial plane.

www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html

Sorry it's a complicated subject. I try to make it as simple as possible without sacrificing accuracy, but it's not easy when we go into the depths of some of the most complicated biomechanical issues.

>girl
>likes boys
>gay

pick only 2

You want me? Cmon and break the door down. I'm ready.

No pls dont summon that vomitive beast back

>Shoulder rotation and forearm rotation only moves in the transbrachial plane

If the bar is to remain on top of the forearms.*

>girl
>XY
pick only one

>likes boys
>gay
Yup, this is you

Shh, the adults are talking about lifting now. Go browse /pol/ or something.

Off to get my haircut lads. Maybe a new Spotopress insta coming tonight.

Child.

Is it really scientifically accurate to call yourself a girl when you have XY chromosomes? Not even memeing desu

You're not a girl. Girls don't have dicks. You do.

No, it's just a delusion.

Once again id like to point out that the thread is shit because trappy is here

Really makes me think

>Wei-Rui Warrior
or
>Adidas Powerlift

pls help me decide

>anyone who doesnt pander to my mental illness is a /pol/tard
Then why are so afraid people around you irl find out that you are a tranny? The chances of them being /pol/ posters are basically non-existant

Could someone explain to me how to read the beginner sheiko doc? I'm really new to weightlifting in general and I'd like to give it a run

a)
what sort of flexion?

and yes I have sacrificed accuracy for people actually knowing what the fuck I'm talking about.

it gets the point across anyway. I don't see any need for more complex terms. Bench pressing is a simple movement.

b)
it's really fucking basic, and you're over complicating because you want to seem smart.

c)
where do you live

Step 1: Put your shit in.
Step 2: Do the thing it says to do.
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Become like Filip

Warning: If you fail to complete Step 2 (i.e. fuck with shit for no reason like a dumbdumb) you will become like George instead of Filip.

This is trappy hating general go away with your stupid lifting questions

Put your maxes in the first sheet
Run the prep cycle sheets in order
If you're competing run the comp cycle after the prep cycles
If you're not competing, run the first week only for the comp cycle after your prep cycles (where you test for new maxes)

You can choose how many prep cycles you want to run before maxing. 1, 2, 3, or whatever works for you.

Yep, it is. Definitions of sex and gender are not what they were in the 20th century.

Just like we don't consider that the earth is the centre of the universe anymore, or flat.

That's how science works. It changes all the time in attempts to increase its accuracy.

Unlike BELIEFS, which is what people here use to argue.

>in depth cutting-edge biomechanical discussions about bench pressing
>shit

lmao you want reddit memes instead or something?

Both are excellent.
Powerlift has lower heels.

If you squat lowbar, and have average mobility, go with PLs.
If you squat highbar and front squat, and have average mobility, go with the Warrior.

Shoulder flexion

Brazil

I am full /pol/ but I quite like trappy

I dont get why your all so mean to >her

>skills test wednesday
Skip cardio and GPP tomorrow or nah?

I would just like to interject for a moment, what you are referring to as trappy, is in fact trappy-chan, or as I've been recently calling her, coach trappy-chan. Trappy isnt a lifting professional unto herself, but rather a free coaching qt3.14 made useful by the sheiko apps, riptoe books and vital medical information comprising a full coach as defined by IPF.

how many pepe rares is this oc worth?

>was gonna vocaroo this, but there is people sleeping
>pls dont use this oc as bully material

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl

>Agirlis afemalehumanfrom birth throughchildhoodandadolescenceto attainment ofadulthoodwhen she becomes awoman. The termgirlmay also be used to mean ayoung woman,[1]and is often used as a synonym fordaughter.[2]

Remind me how you fit the definition of girl again?

he dresses in a skirt
thats enough these days
its 2017

I've heard from a lot of people that the Powerlifts aren't very good because the heel is made out of EVA and as a consequence compresses under heavy weights.

Any truth to this or just an exaggeration?

If you care about your performance then yeah skip

my friend's lifts:
squats 180kg x 5
bench 132,5kg x 5 (flat, no arch)
deadlift 225kg x 5

he lifted a couple of years, mostly on BB oriented routines with compounds and never ran a powerlifting routine. he would basically always do some FBW program and lift hard on every workout.

he said it's pointless to use a strict complex powerlifting routine unless you really think about competing, because other kinds of routines will make you look better and you'll eventually get strong as well as long as you stick to compounds.

what do you think?

>wikipedia

mfw

It's bullshit. PLs and PPs (same exact materials) have been used by some of the best powerlifters and weightlifters to win gold medals and break world records.

It's just an attempt of the people who have expensive shoes to justify their purchase, or an attempts of the own makers to keep people interested in buying or upgrading into the more expensive shoes.

How long are you a junior in the ipf?

19 to 23

Powerlifts are better for powerlifting because of a slightly slower heel.

It's also in the name, so you know they're boss.

Anyone got any experience with this bar?

teres minor has been hurting for months WHAT DO

>hating on wikipedia as a source

just fuck off bitch.

Trappy can you tell me where i can find 1 in heeled skwaat shoes instead of 0.75 in that ships to canada?
Thinking of getting VS ath but they only have size 9 and i'm size 11 US.

>the earth isn't flat
Fuck off tranny.

The only real sources are BBC and Huffington post you bigot.

Mark Macqueen uses that bar, ask him on IG if he likes it. I'm guessing he does. I've used their weightlifting bar which is decent quality, especially for the price.

thanks buddies

gonna order me a pair right now

shoulder flexion changes as you move the bar up and down

rotation (aka TUCKING) barely effects it.

>tfw ignored

Blueshoe's getting more toned everyday?

I think unless he's a very short twink, his lifts are shit.

>wikipedia
>source

9.5/10 bait
I give it an extra .2 for being an academic bait, and also... two cups of soda. So 9.7/10 and two cups of soda.

Nice quads

I can't really help much with Canada shipping cause I don't live around you guys. But I'm pretty sure you can get some Adidas PP2s on ebay to ship to Canada... maybe you can get the Wei-Rui Warrior from their own website too?

Josh Hancott has said in video his PL1s are much more resilient than his many Adipowers. They've been lasting him forever while the Adipowers always get destroyed.

They're excellent shoes for the price.

Checkmate atheists!

>9.5/10 bait
>I give it an extra .2 for being an academic bait, and also... two cups of soda. So 9.7/10 and two cups of soda.

seriously shut the fuck up.
there is nothing wrong with using wikipedia as a source in an internet discussion.
also >i dont agree with something so i call it a bait
i just want you to leave..

>Yep, it is. Definitions of sex and gender are not what they were in the 20th century.

Are you seriously so retarded that you don't understand that "male" means a person with chromosomes X and Y? Why would that definition change since it's completely accurate whether you like it or not?

Doing a mock meet, so yeah.

Would talking a walk for an hour or so be ok?

time to stop cutting

PP2 and warrior both have 0.75 in heel did you not even read the message you fuckin tranny REEEEEEEEE

Im not an american manlet i need thst higher heel cuz long legs

yes it could even be beneficial

Ha! Tell that to this scientific source!
youtu.be/udI-Go8KK2Q

People once thought slavery was okay as well. Or that homosexuals couldn't marry.
How's it feel being on the wrong side of history?

>Or that homosexuals couldn't marry.
not in my fucking country

>Or that homosexuals couldn't marry.
This is dumb bullshit that makes no sense, regardless of whether you think gays should be thrown off roofs or not

Chill out m8
Get the VS Athletics II, they have those in sizes up to 15

vsathletics.com/store/VS-Athletics-Weightlifting-Shoe-II.html

Who is this swedish bully?

I'm not saying who I am but I might be from sweden, in which case I could see if I could have a talk with this swedish bully.

trappy why do you even bother arguing with these people

it's not like you're gonna change their minds

False equivalence.

Boy or girl refers to the chromosomes you got at birth.

You got XY so you are a man.

Now watch as trappy sticks his fingers in his ears and has a tantrum

I'm not sure his name, but I've heard him and a British lad pushed a poor Ohio boy off the edge.