Just got back from my first-ever gym session

>just got back from my first-ever gym session
>suddenly realised I forgot to put any of the weights I used back on the shelves

>first day at gym
>run on the treadmill (I didn't know what the fuck lifting even was back then)
>forget to recalibrate front roller
>get a 15 gym-token ticket in my locker the next day
>only enough tokens for yoga mat
>forget to repress the edges before I roll it up
>rolled it up East instead of West
>gym license suspended for two weeks

how come i feel like a tall idiot in the gym always

Also how pathetic is it that I squatted just 30kg?

I feel like people might have been laughing at me.

>finish squatting for first time
>go to get a drink
>smash a plate glass window and knock over a machine
>mfw I forgot to rerack the bar

You're not pathetic brah

The people who put beginners down are the real bitches
We all start somewhere
Just keep lifting and get massive

Thanks lad

Never been to a gym in my life
>home gym master race

if people are laughing at others who are TRYING to get stronger/better themselves, then those people have very low self esteem and will jump on just about anything that'll make them feel better than anyone else so dont worry, keep doing your best and dont become an arrogant douche when you eventually make it

Home gyms still have to be registered at the NG&FA you retard, just register as quick as you can and pray they dont realise you had an illegal gym for too long or else you are going to get a ticket at best or even some jail time at worst

I'm not gonna throw you some feel good bullshit like this user I might agree with him on the note that YOU're not pathetic but you're squat sure as hell are and yes people around you look and yes they laugh to themselves.
But so what? For real.
Next time you'll be squating 32.5 then 35 then 37.5 then 40.
You'll hit 1pl8 after only 12 increasements of 2.5 kg which is can be done in 12 gym sessions which is only 4 weeks.
By then you will already have doubled your squat and you will look at people coming in squating 30 kg and think it's mildly amusing.ยจ
Keep at it my love

wat

As a beginner you have to focus on getting the form perfect and that requires a weight you are comfortable with. So worry about the form first and then add weight.

This.

My uncle ran a private gym for about 3 years. At first it was all good because he only used it for himself and some close family members, and he'd always wear long sleeves so you couldn't tell he lifted, but when the local government raised the monthly fee for an over 225lb permit, he offered some of the disgruntled members to work out at his place for cheap.
Long story short, eventually someone slipped up and he got his shit raided.
Was put on a mandatory 1000 calorie deficit for 6 months with long distance cardio three times a week, minimum of 10 miles. They made him wear a fitbit for the whole time to make sure he did the necessary activity.

They killed his gains?!
This government must be stopped.
Fit people to arms now!

You need a special permit here in Canada for any arm bigger than 13 inches.
The process is long an painful, requires several checks on mental health, criminal record, and has a 6 months probation period.

I saw you do that motherfucker, don't even think about coming back or I'm gonna rape you in the locker room

I heard about a dude who had a big built and they amputated his arms because he failed the psychophysical test and didn't manage to make them smaller than the mandatory size for his risk group even with low calories and cardio

You're probably doing better than me bruh. It took me like 3 months to squat 30kg. Just don't give up.

I mean 30kg including bar

Where did you put the weights you used?

>he includes the bar
user pls

I've yet to see someone laugh at a beginner for using low weight

I usually laugh at beginners trying super heavyweight to show off and doing 1/4 reps, etc

>big guy, fairly strong from manual labour
>read ss
>go to gym for the first time
>start with empty bar, work weight up in 5 kg increments, until form starts failing a bit
>diddly 5 x 130 kg, squat 5 x 105 kg
>feeling pretty good about it
>wake up next day
>worst case of DOMS to this day (five years)
>basically unable to move for two weeks
>go to gym two weeks later, start at 60 kg diddly and 40 kg squat, add 2.5 kg every day
welp

>little bitch prefers no gains to having a little soreness
I actually miss DOMS. I get happy when I manage to get them

Left them on the bar

>little soreness
>basically unable to move for two weeks

It's a nice feeling to me. Maybe because I enjoy being hurt and recovering for some reason.

>just got back from my first-ever gym session
>suddenly realize you forgot to remove your squat card from the rack so now nobody can use it until you remove it

Your life must be really nice, wondering around, doing whatever you want, not being burdened by the thought of common courtesy. I imagine having a complete lack of regard for other people really frees up your mind so you can focus on the bigger things in life. Please senpai, tell me your ways. how do you do it?

>I enjoy being hurt

you're gonna love life when I'm done breaking your face fat fuck

what the fuck do you think I was talking about? It took me 3 months to squat 30kg including the bar and gravity and wind resistance and all that shit man.

Just keep going you cunt, this is it, we're gonna be dead after

That fucking sucks
Almost makes me wanna move to Africa or something where there aren't as many regulations yet

>tfw failed my squat license exam
>tfw can't take it again for 6 months

Having a learner's permit is the worst. I'm not allowed to squat more than 100 pounds, and I can only do it in the presence of a personal trainer.